GUILTY NY - Michael Avenatti arrested for extortion of millions of dollars from Nike, 2019

Michael Avenatti is out of jail on a $300,000 bond, but restrictions have been placed on his travel and banking after he was accused of trying to shake down Nike

LOL

Avenatti on Monday night gave his first public remarks since his arrest: "I have fought against the powerful, powerful people, and powerful corporations. I will never stop fighting that good fight," Avenatti said in front of TV news cameras.

"I am highly confident that when all of the evidence is laid bare, in connection with these cases, when it is all known, when due process occurs, that I will be fully exonerated and justice will be done."

Michael Avenatti is out of jail on a $300,000 bond, but restrictions have been placed on his travel and banking after he was accused of trying to shake down Nike

LOL

Avenatti on Monday night gave his first public remarks since his arrest: "I have fought against the powerful, powerful people, and powerful corporations. I will never stop fighting that good fight," Avenatti said in front of TV news cameras.

"I am highly confident that when all of the evidence is laid bare, in connection with these cases, when it is all known, when due process occurs, that I will be fully exonerated and justice will be done."

Which case is he talking about here? I can see him blustering on about the Nike case - yeah, I have this explosive evidence, David and Goliath, yada yada yada. But what about the case vs. the IRS? I mean you either filed and paid your taxes, or you didn't.

LOL

Well, what else could he say.

Jmo

I liked him because he told it like it is. He was afarid of no one.

He is just like all of the rest. A criminal

BBM. This is exactly what some people say about President Trump.

This thread isn't about Trump. Bringing up off-topics and political topics that aren't part of the actual case will send the conversation into a mess and potentially will shut the thread. Not being bossy, just pointing out we should keep to the topic of the case itself: Avenatti's extortion and fraud charges.

jmopinion

Which case is he talking about here? I can see him blustering on about the Nike case - yeah, I have this explosive evidence, David and Goliath, yada yada yada. But what about the case vs. the IRS? I mean you either filed and paid your taxes, or you didn't.
To me, the IRS stuff just shows what an arrogant idiot avanetti is. He knows he hasn’t filed taxes for years and knows he embezzled from clients and yet he is on national news every day and night—-pointing fingers at others. I hope he gets a nice long sentence so he can reflect upon his own shortcomings

I totally believe that ex gf when she claimed he threatened her too.

To me, the IRS stuff just shows what an arrogant idiot avanetti is. He knows he hasn’t filed taxes for years and knows he embezzled from clients and yet he is on national news every day and night—-pointing fingers at others. I hope he gets a nice long sentence so he can reflect upon his own shortcomings

I totally believe that ex gf when she claimed he threatened her too.

I saw on the news if he gets convicted in both cases he could get 100 years.

Of course he's going to yap his mouth like always, but I think he has really stepped in it bigtime this time.

They said the other case against him, the investigation has been ongoing for a long time, way before he tried to shake Nike down for millions.

I couldn't ever understand why he wasn't disbarred a long time ago.

Not to me. I pegged him as untrustworthy from day one. It just seemed so obvious, IMO. He's been in big legal trouble before, and reminds me of a mafia lawyer.... Very glad he won't be a Dem presidential candidate now, lol!
I had hopes that he would be more like an archetypal Eliot Ness than the character you described. I'm disappointed that Avenatti seems to have so deeply disregarded the needs and rights of his employees and clients as alleged in this Daily Beast article The Sleaziest Things the Feds Say Avenatti Did

The Sleaziest Things the Feds Say Avenatti Did
Prosecutors claim the celebrity lawyer spent years dodging the IRS even as he lived the high life.

Kate Briquelet
03.26.19 4:12 AM ET

Despite the click-bait title, its a detailed report and references IRS agents and former Tully's employees who may be the true moral heroes in this case. Or maybe there are no moral heroes, and that is what is so disappointing.

I'm not disappointed that he has been charged, if the charges are not frivolous. I'm disappointed at the seemingly never-ending escalation of fraud, corruption, and strong-arm politics in our country right now.

Michael Avenatti‏Verified account @MichaelAvenatti
I want to thank all of my supporters for your kind words and support today. It means a lot to me. I am anxious for people to see what really happened. We never attempted to extort Nike & when the evidence is disclosed, the public will learn the truth about Nike’s crime & coverup.

Contrary to Nike’s claims yesterday, they have NOT been cooperating with investigators for over a year. Unless you count lying in response to subpoenas and withholding documents as “cooperating.” They are trying to divert attention from their own crimes.

Ask DeAndre Ayton and Nike about the cash payments to his mother and others. Nike’s attempt at diversion and cover-up will fail miserably once prosecutors realize they have been played by Nike and their lawyers at Boies. This reaches the highest levels of Nike.

Bol Bol and his handlers also received large sums from Nike. The receipts are clear as day. A lot of people at Nike will have to account for their criminal conduct, starting with Carlton DeBose & moving higher up. The diversion charade they orchestrated against me will be exposed

The corruption at Nike was rampant with Merl Code and increased with his apprentice DeBose after Code left for Adiddas. Those above DeBose knew all about the payments. Nike conspired to route many of the payments through a convicted felon. Nike then lied to the government.

If Nike was cooperating with the government for over a year relating to this scandal (they weren’t - this is a lie), where are the disclosures in their SEC filings? There are none. Wait until the SEC begins their investigation & starts asking why Nike hid this info from investors

I liked him because he told it like it is. He was afarid of no one.

He is just like all of the rest. A criminal

Maybe but this could just be backlash for other stuff. I still like him , I knew " they " would bring the pain , I figured it be just a bit after the Muller report.

Maybe but this could just be backlash for other stuff. I still like him , I knew " they " would bring the pain , I figured it be just a bit after the Muller report.
Keeping politics out of this, if the tax fraud allegations are true and the allegations he stole money from a client in California, he's been crooked for awhile - not just since bursting onto the national scene.

I thought he was slick and slimy from the start - but made for good TV so networks booked him. Stuff like that makes me mad. Just because he's good looking and has expensive suits, let's get him on air....but that's what we watch so that's what the networks book. :(

I mean "we" collectively as a national audience, not "we" as in anyone personally.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back