TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyssalady05.....Welcome to Brandon's thread. It is a great bunch of people! I am going to respond later to all your great questions.. They are very good questions and can be answered from earlier threads. It's way too late and I don't think I will have time tonight but wanted to tell you welcome!

Thank you!! I look forward to reading your responses. Sorry for the repeat questions but I’m glad that there are answers! Can’t wait to discuss this case more with everyone

Just realized you replied! Thank you for all of your answers.

I have seen on just about every updated timeline that Brandon called their neighbor after trying to call Ladessa. Then the neighbor called Brandon back 3 times. I actually have read Ladessa confirm this on the help Brandon fb page.

I do think the big questions are: who was he with and who did they run into?

Another thing that has bugged me a little "this week".....for the ones who have been here from day 1 and are familiar with the old info from a couple of years ago......
Do you remember the info about a girl calling 911 about seeing the truck or something? Seems like she was with her Mom and was pregnant. I've got to go find that info.

After slogging through a significant number of posts on the HFBL FB site the last couple of days, I found the original comment. I'm new here but I'm under the impression we're not supposed to post links to FB. The comment was made on Sept. 19th, 2013, under a post stating that the "Original timeline has been removed..."
This post has 647 replies at this time, but I have a screenshot of the comment in question. I'd post the text or the FB users name but do not want to break any rules here. (hoping I haven't already, actually). If you can tell me the best way to proceed, I will do so.

I have seen on just about every updated timeline that Brandon called their neighbor after trying to call Ladessa. Then the neighbor called Brandon back 3 times. I actually have read Ladessa confirm this on the help Brandon fb page.

Yes, I think when he says we throughout the 911 call that implies someone else was with him, but he also says I'm in the middle of a field.

In this part of Texas (I am in Abilene and drive to San Angelo often through Bronte) a field usually means a plowed field or a cleared area of land with permanent grass or it has been plowed and planted with seasonal grains such as wheat, oats, sorghum or cotton. I don't think there are any plowed field close to where he was.

A pasture is referred to when there is native grasses, mesquite trees and cactus. Pastures make up the largest area of land in this part of Texas.

"Some guy chased me into the woods"..........tells me he is around trees. West Texas does not have "woods" as most people think of woods, so this statement is confusing to me. The area his truck ran out of gas in was mostly pasture. It looks very much like the landscape in the photo of the cross. Also, depending on which way he ran, there is a coastal/hay field across the road and north of the cross. I have looked at satellite and there are a few more open areas that could be construed as a field.

I believe he ran north because south was uphill and towards who was chasing him. Also, he would have had to go through a barbed wire fence to get into a field or pasture. He probably got cut from the barbs and could very easily have been bleeding from that also.

Also, if someone was with Brandon, why would he take anyone to his Dad's house 250-300 miles away from San Angelo? Especially if it was another woman?
This is why I have leaned toward ruling the “other woman” theory out. Or, it was unintentional. Say he got in this bad fight and was like “that’s it, Ladessa and I are done and I have to get out of here.” Or, he was in trouble and had to get out of town. So he leaves but before he gets out, stops to see her. Something happens, like they start being chased and he can’t let her out.
I am convinced he was being chased out of town. It is the only thing to me that makes sense as to why he’d leave with such little gas in his car. Unless the gas gauge was broken, which I had happen to me in a car once but even then I paid close attention to mileage to ensure I didn’t run out.

There are so many details in this case and a lot of noise, so lately I’ve been trying to focus on those which I think would contribute the resolution of it. I think the running out of gas is one of those details.

Mason

EllieGato posted this link over in the Mason Van Kuiken thread I find interesting. Mason went missing a few months before Brandon from San Angelo under strange circumstances. Turns out he has been in a Mexican prison all these years. Thought it might make for a good read on Brandon's page and let our minds wonder to a very different scenario with Brandon. What are your thoughts? You need to read the entire article. It won first place in a newspaper awards ceremony the year it came out!

Mason's thread is here: CO - CO - Mason Van Kuiken, 22, Ft. Carson, 17 March 2013

Mason

EllieGato posted this link over in the Mason Van Kuiken thread I find interesting. Mason went missing a few months before Brandon from San Angelo under strange circumstances. Turns out he has been in a Mexican prison all these years. Thought it might make for a good read on Brandon's page and let our minds wonder to a very different scenario with Brandon. What are your thoughts? You need to read the entire article. It won first place in a newspaper awards ceremony the year it came out!

Mason's thread is here: CO - CO - Mason Van Kuiken, 22, Ft. Carson, 17 March 2013

Whoa! That's crazy, so out of left field. Really makes you think.

After slogging through a significant number of posts on the HFBL FB site the last couple of days, I found the original comment. I'm new here but I'm under the impression we're not supposed to post links to FB. The comment was made on Sept. 19th, 2013, under a post stating that the "Original timeline has been removed..."
This post has 647 replies at this time, but I have a screenshot of the comment in question. I'd post the text or the FB users name but do not want to break any rules here. (hoping I haven't already, actually). If you can tell me the best way to proceed, I will do so.

Holy twisted web! Besides all the comments/posts on the FB page for BL, I recently decided to check out the renewed chatter on Reddit. If there's any truth to all that some proof would be great! I have followed this since the very beginning and spoke often with LL in the first few years following BL's disapearance. I don't think that the whole story will ever really be known as Brandon is likely the only one that knows all the details, all the twists and turns, all the events that lead up to the night he seems to have just vanished. I used to think that the 911 call held some big secret, some missing piece to the puzzle that if it could just be figured out what he says in that recording that we'd know what happend. I dont think that's the case anymore. I am a firm believer that the recording that LL released can never be "cleaned up" enough to make sence. First I think the call has been redacted & a portion of the call was sent to BLs father for voice recognition purposes only. The 911 call was received at a nursing home with plenty of back ground noise and then LL used her cell phone to record the call from the disk LE sent, again allowing for more background noises to be picked up. With those 3 facts, (it was only provided to make sure his dad thought it was him, the call was recieved at a nursing home and then recorded by a cell phone) I just dont see how it can ever be figured out accurately. Another thing that's bothered me is the "timeline" of phone calls & texts to/from Brandon's phone that night. Has anyone ever seen PROOF, as in an official copy of his phone records from that night? Its said that he couldn't have been in too much trouble or too hurt during that 911 call because he then made calls to his brother and Audrey. But, how do we know this for sure? There were so many partial truths, so much misinformation shared from the start who's to say that it's an accurate time line? Also if there was calls placed from BLs phone after the 911 call (the ones suposedly to KL were so broken up and dropped that he couldn't hear him well or understand him completely) do we know for sure it was actually BL in possession of his phone at the time of those calls/texts? I'd just like to see an official record of the number of 911 calls made that night in regards to BL & his truck in the road, and an official call/text records from BLs cell phone.
Life keeps moving on for the ones left behind and I often wonder if those involved, including his family who seemed to be less than forthcoming from the start feel guilty or regret not being straight up from the start? LL had said that their fight was about him relapsing and making poor decisions. Its really too bad that he didnt get the chance to make things right, to get back on the wagon & take care of his legal issues, and even more sad that the kids will likely never know what happened to their father. It appears that LL has been doing well after some rocky times following BL disappearing and is getting married very soon, if she hasn't already.

Last edited:
One of my favorite podcasts, Generation Why, just did an episode on Brandon Lawson. Jason Watts, a friend of Brandon's, discusses the case.

Brandon Lawson Revisited - 319 The Generation Why podcast

Generation Why did an earlier episode on Brandon (released in August 2016) which can be found here:

Brandon Lawson - 193 from The Generation Why Podcast
I haven't listened to any of Generation Why podcasts in quite a while, but I listened to that one today and it was a good one.

Holy twisted web! Besides all the comments/posts on the FB page for BL, I recently decided to check out the renewed chatter on Reddit. If there's any truth to all that some proof would be great! I have followed this since the very beginning and spoke often with LL in the first few years following BL's disapearance. I don't think that the whole story will ever really be known as Brandon is likely the only one that knows all the details, all the twists and turns, all the events that lead up to the night he seems to have just vanished. I used to think that the 911 call held some big secret, some missing piece to the puzzle that if it could just be figured out what he says in that recording that we'd know what happend. I dont think that's the case anymore. I am a firm believer that the recording that LL released can never be "cleaned up" enough to make sence. First I think the call has been redacted & a portion of the call was sent to BLs father for voice recognition purposes only. The 911 call was received at a nursing home with plenty of back ground noise and then LL used her cell phone to record the call from the disk LE sent, again allowing for more background noises to be picked up. With those 3 facts, (it was only provided to make sure his dad thought it was him, the call was recieved at a nursing home and then recorded by a cell phone) I just dont see how it can ever be figured out accurately. Another thing that's bothered me is the "timeline" of phone calls & texts to/from Brandon's phone that night. Has anyone ever seen PROOF, as in an official copy of his phone records from that night? Its said that he couldn't have been in too much trouble or too hurt during that 911 call because he then made calls to his brother and Audrey. But, how do we know this for sure? There were so many partial truths, so much misinformation shared from the start who's to say that it's an accurate time line? Also if there was calls placed from BLs phone after the 911 call (the ones suposedly to KL were so broken up and dropped that he couldn't hear him well or understand him completely) do we know for sure it was actually BL in possession of his phone at the time of those calls/texts? I'd just like to see an official record of the number of 911 calls made that night in regards to BL & his truck in the road, and an official call/text records from BLs cell phone.
Life keeps moving on for the ones left behind and I often wonder if those involved, including his family who seemed to be less than forthcoming from the start feel guilty or regret not being straight up from the start? LL had said that their fight was about him relapsing and making poor decisions. Its really too bad that he didnt get the chance to make things right, to get back on the wagon & take care of his legal issues, and even more sad that the kids will likely never know what happened to their father. It appears that LL has been doing well after some rocky times following BL disappearing and is getting married very soon, if she hasn't already.

Thanks for clarifying the point that the call had been recorded from the CD to Ladessa's cell phone. I actually wondered just last night if she had just recorded it using her phone from the CD.I agree on pretty much every point you make. I'm still having mixed thoughts about the reddit crazygirl posting. I discount for all purposes it until some form of confirmation or evidence is shown, which seems unlikely at this point. There's been so little about this case that has been straightforward or able to be proven to us on the outside with concrete evidence. Its like the game of telephone, reading through all the comments on youtube videos, podcasts, etc.

If you do a little sleuthing about the pregnant caller from the Help Find Brandon Lawson FB page, you will see (I think) that she is not being truthful IMO. I am not saying this is the same person, but find it odd that both people were supposedly pregnant at the same time and both involved in the BL case. JMO

If you do a little sleuthing about the pregnant caller from the Help Find Brandon Lawson FB page, you will see (I think) that she is not being truthful IMO. I am not saying this is the same person, but find it odd that both people were supposedly pregnant at the same time and both involved in the BL case. JMO

Do you (or anyone) happen to recall how far back or when the alledged pregant girl came forward about supposedly having had her mom call 911 for her? Did she infact have a baby 8-9 months later? Also does anyone remember if this girl said what she was doing driving on that road at that time of night? I seem to recall (but could be totally off) something about her have just gotten out of work. In trying to determine the validity of her story Id like to know where she worked, doing what and what time she got out of work as well as where she lived and was driving to. I don't recall at the time of her posting that she even mentioned or alluded to having any connection to BL or knowing who he was, is that true? Another question I had, was how did she come across or located the Help find BL page on FB? Was it due to msm? If she had no idea who he was or where he was missing from, and they didn't know about any of the 911 calls for awhile. It seems it would only make sense if she had posted about also calling 911 after LL released her recorded version of the 911 call & started asking people about other 911 calls she later learned about that had been called in that night. Until then they were unaware of any 911 calls at all weren't they? Has it ever been verified by anyone in an official capacity exactly how many 911 calls & at what times were made that night in reference to BL/his truck being in the road? I know we've heard about a truck driver also making a 911 call, but am curious how did that info come to be public knowledge? I'm not sure anyone can actually answer all these questions, but these are just some things I've wondered about. (I hope that all that made sense, I am pretty sleep deprived at this point!)

Last edited:
Questions I have:
2. Going on the same timeframe it'd take to get there from San Angelo as stated above:
12:38am Brandon calls Kyle

I might be able to help a little on #2 there. The official timeline on the Subreddit has it at 12:30, which would give them 40 minutes to stop by, get a gas can, and head out there, which is totally feasible. After Brandon called Kyle, he tried to call Ladessa again at 12:32, 12:34 and again at 12:48 before the 911 call.

My best guess on that is that since he was unable to get a hold of Ladessa, he tried calling his neighbor so he could go over there and tell her to answer the phone, or at least tell her the trouble he was in.

If he left messages that he ran out of gas, it doesn't make sense he didn't tell her someone was chasing him from San Angelo, (if that is truly what they think happened).

I think I just can't get passed him not telling SOMEONE if he was truly being chased. I think that is why I have always felt he ran into trouble about the time he ran out of gas.

OR......someone is not telling all they know because they are scared.....JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member