Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 *Arrest* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't it reported that he went to their house asking to buy the old car?
I'm curious to know how he managed to remove a screen and kidnap a child and not make a noise to wake someone up :( Obviously he didn't happen to pass by and enter, he had to be stalking them and observe what they did. I feel sick just writing it.
Besides having a lengthy criminal record, there's something very wrong with the guy! He allegedly led authorities to Isa's remains in exchange for his car (impounded earlier by LE), and authorities dropping 2 burglary charges against him. I believe he's experienced at avoiding detection of camera's (i.e., burglarizing homes). This case was so painful, and I still grieve for her family. MOO

Last edited:
I'm curious to know how he managed to remove a screen and kidnap a child and not make a noise to wake someone up :( Obviously he didn't happen to pass by and enter, he had to be stalking them and observe what they did. I feel sick just writing it.

We often have these same questions, since it's happened to several families who have had their precious child or children kidnapped from inside of their home to be raped, and murdered.

Sadly this is not the only case by far where the parents or grandparents were home inside with the child ,who never heard a thing, until they woke up to find the child missing.

Many of these families like Isa's loving parents had dogs inside of the home as well. Some had large size dogs too.

Yet even the dogs didn't bark when the pedophile entered the home to kidnap the child.

I think it shows even dogs sense evil, and become afraid too.

So elated to know the DA is seeking death. So deserving.

That's what I was wondering. How did he accomplish this? How did he know there was a little girl in that room? Was he peeping through windows or did the family know him and he saw her before this??

The family absolutely did not know this pedophile.

He was just a guy who stopped by their home pretending to be interested in buying the old car they had sitting on their prooerty.. Which was nothing, but a ruse so he could come there getting a feel of the layout of their home.

He also had Google pics in his possession showing the front, and back of the Celis home.

It's not hard to detect a small child's room. The girly curtains would show him where her bedroom was.

In another child kidnapping case in another state, after she was found raped, and murdered, it came out the pediohile knew which bedroom to go to due to the girly stickers on her windows, and pink curtains.

Afterwards the police told the community it would be best if they made their children's bedroom windows more generic, so if any pedophile was stalking children again they wouldn't have clues of a child living there. And which bedroom was theirs. That warning went for young boys, and girls.

If a pedophile wants a young innocent child they will find ways of kidnapping that child, whether it's in broad daylight right off of a busy street, which has happened before or invading the child's home.

Even those children who were kidnapped in broad daylight, most always no one heard or saw a thing.

It shows these worthless depraved creeps are very good at what they do, when abducting innocent girls, and boys.

Jmo

I didn't know this. I did not follow this enough to know this. How sad, that someone should be eyeing a little girl.

I didn't know this. I did not follow this enough to know this. How sad, that someone should be eyeing a little girl.

The most terrifying thing about pedophiles is they can be anywhere at anytime stalking children. Pedophiles act without warning.

Another thing that is just as terrifying is many times they dont look like the monsters they truly are. They are very good at hiding who they are. Often times they come across as docile, friendly, and unassuming.

This pedophile has many dark evil secrets. I pray the FBI is continuing to thoroughly investigate CCs past.

Imo, there are other children out there that have been harmed, or worse by him.

He told his ex there are four victims buried in the desert. I hope one day those children can be located too. That's just in Arizona though.

CC is what I label as a nomadic serial pedohile/murderer just like Joseph Duncan who attacked/murdered children in many states.

They must continue to check every city, and state he was known to be in looking for more of his victims, whether dead or alive.

Imo, there are other victims of CC, and all of them need justice.

Praying for Isa, and Maribel's grieving families as they go forward seeking justice for their two beautiful children.

Jmo

If there really are two other bodies there, they must be from the area like Isabel and Maribel. Any missing girls in the Tucson area while he was there?
I hope they will manage to find out all he did, but I'm sure he did more than we will ever know :(

Imagine how poor Isa's family must feel knowing that monster was in their home before, pretending to look at the car. I wonder for how long he stalked them.

I was thinking back this morning about all of the other home kidnapping cases, I have followed for many years here, and else where, involving small child victim.

I can't recall at the moment, one case before it was solved where the majority believed the child had really been abducted, even before the facts became known to anyone.

Through the years, in each of those cases, I always found myself each time in the small minority.

It's been extremely hard at times to support the grieving families among so many who did not, and are instead accusing them of killing their own abducted child or children.

I have become stronger over the years though to support families who have found themselves in this same situation who I felt were innocent because there was simply no factual evidence showing otherwise.

I have to admit, I've often wondered why that seemed to be the case consistently though, no matter which child had been abducted from inside of their home?

Those that followed Isa's case closely for all of these years, know I was one of the very few who supported the Celis family, even including SERGIO. Ha! Now that WAS hard. Ha

I'm sure many thought I had to be crazy to do so.

I know I may look at these kind of cases differently than most, and I do very much respect all others POVs, and how they wish do it.

But for me it's simple, each time these cases happen, I patiently wait for the facts, and evidence to come forward showing who the suspect truly happens to be. After that is known to all, there is plenty of time to give the worthless suspects hell, which I do! Lol

I paid very close attention to the actual words said by the TPD shortly after Isa going missing, and they clearly said Isa had been ABDUCTED from her home. They never changed that. Never.

They knew they had the evidence all along showing them she had been abducted out of her bedroom window. But like in all cases, LE never divulges any of the evidence they have to the public, rightly so.

They arent in the PR business either. They, like so many others before them, let the innocent family members twist in the wind of 24/7 accusations, and to fend for themselves. I wish that wasnt the case, but it is.

Anyway, I wonder if the reason for placing premature blame on parents or grandparents in unsolved abduction cases at the time, is done because it makes the majority feel safer that it won't happen to their own children if the murderer is a family member of the murdered child? I could totally understand that reason.

For me though, I have researched child abductions/murder cases for decades now. The largest DOJ study to date includes 775 abducted, and murdered children cases where the suspect's relationship or lack of was known.

Those children who were kidnapped, and later found murdered the suspect was a total stranger to the child 44% of the time.

42% were kidnapped, and murdered by an acquaintance, such as a neighbor, casual friend or co worker known to the family.

Only around 13 or 14% of children who were kidnapped and later found murdered were killed by a parent of the child. They are the least likely group to do these kind of abductions where the child is murdered.

The number ONE motive for abducting, and murdering a young child was sexually motivated.

Most children were dead by the time the family found them missing.

So I always try to keep this in mind when a child has been kidnapped, and murdered.

Jmo though, and nothing more.

Last edited:
oceanblueeyes, a few days ago I posted in Joseph Duncan thread, and I thought of you because I know you have followed that case closely. His recent appeal was denied. Thought you would be interested.
ID - ID/CA - Joseph Edward Duncan III

The most terrifying thing about pedophiles is they can be anywhere at anytime stalking children. Pedophiles act without warning.

Another thing that is just as terrifying is many times they dont look like the monsters they truly are. They are very good at hiding who they are. Often times they come across as docile, friendly, and unassuming.

This pedophile has many dark evil secrets. I pray the FBI is continuing to thoroughly investigate CCs past.

He told his ex there are four victims buried in the desert. I hope one day those children can be located too. That's just in Arizona though.

CC is what I label as a nomadic serial pedohile/murderer just like Joseph Duncan who attacked/murdered children in many states.

They must continue to check every city, and state he was known to be in looking for more of his victims, whether dead or alive.

Praying for Isa, and Maribel's grieving families as they go forward seeking justice for their two beautiful children.

Jmo

oceanblueeyes, a few days ago I posted in Joseph Duncan thread, and I thought of you because I know you have followed that case closely. His recent appeal was denied. Thought you would be interested.
ID - ID/CA - Joseph Edward Duncan III

Oh ReadySet, thank you so much for letting me know the great news.

That depraved pedophile/serial killing monster must never be out among society ever again.

What he did to those two poor little children still haunts me years later.

As you know, that was another case where I totally supported Steve among many who did not. I knew he had nothing to do with what happened.

Steve did struggle with issues of his own, but he wouldn't have ever harmed his children.

Again, thanks so much for letting me know.

Jmo
4 victims! OMG. These poor souls. To think I had Isa's father pegged too. Well now we know the real perp.

Monday, April 15th:
*Status Hearing (@ pm PT) – AZ – Isabel Mercedes Celis (6) (April 21, 2012, Tucson, found Mar. 3, 2017, Id’ed Mar. 31, 2017) & Maribel Victoria Gonzales (13) (June 4, 2014, Tucson, found June 6, 2014, id’ed June 20, 2014) – *Christopher Matthew Clements (36) indicted (9/15/18) & arraigned (9/24/18) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder, 2 counts of kidnapping a minor under 15, 2 counts of 2nd degree burglary, 1 count of theft by controlling stolen property, 1 count of trafficking in stolen property & 14 counts of sexual exploitation of minors. Plead not guilty. $2M cash only bond. DA will seek DP.
9/15/18 Update: Made 1st appearance on 9/15/18. Was extradited (9/23/18) from Maricopa County to Tucson where he was in jail for criminal charges for burglary, theft & fraud. Arraignment hearing on 9/24. 9/24: Plead not guilty. Next hearing on 11/19. 10/8: Clements asks for new attorney. Judge will decide who will represent him on 10/11.
10/11/18 Update: Clements was appointed 2 new attorneys. Next hearing 11/19. 11/3/18: DA has until 1/24/19 to decide whether they will seek DP. 11/19/18: Next Status hearing on 2/11. DA will provide notice by 1/24/19 if he will seek DP.
1/18/19 Update: The Pima County Attorney's Office has asked for more time to consider the death penalty. Granted by Judge. Have until 3/25/19 to provide notice.
2/11/19 Update: DA will seek DP. State's motion to appoint a special master to review recordings of dozens of recorded jail phone calls between Clements & Tucson attorney John Kaufmann, who represented Clements in a 2012 case. In December 2016, Kaufmann withdrew as Clements' lawyer, but a review by Tucson Police Dept. detectives of phone numbers associated with Clements showed multiple calls to Kauffman's home. Tucson police have three such recordings, but have not yet received the other 24 from Maricopa County jail officials, Mosher said in court. Clements' lawyers objected to the motion, but Bernini granted the state's request, saying she'd approach several retired judges about acting as a special master in the case. Next hearing 4/15.

Monday, April 15th:
*Status Hearing (@ pm PT) – AZ – Isabel Mercedes Celis (6) (April 21, 2012, Tucson, found Mar. 3, 2017, Id’ed Mar. 31, 2017) & Maribel Victoria Gonzales (13) (June 4, 2014, Tucson, found June 6, 2014, id’ed June 20, 2014) – *Christopher Matthew Clements (36) indicted (9/15/18) & arraigned (9/24/18) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder, 2 counts of kidnapping a minor under 15, 2 counts of 2nd degree burglary, 1 count of theft by controlling stolen property, 1 count of trafficking in stolen property & 14 counts of sexual exploitation of minors. Plead not guilty. $2M cash only bond. DA will seek DP.
9/15/18 Update: Made 1st appearance on 9/15/18. Was extradited (9/23/18) from Maricopa County to Tucson where he was in jail for criminal charges for burglary, theft & fraud. Arraignment hearing on 9/24. 9/24: Plead not guilty. Next hearing on 11/19. 10/8: Clements asks for new attorney. Judge will decide who will represent him on 10/11.
10/11/18 Update: Clements was appointed 2 new attorneys. Next hearing 11/19. 11/3/18: DA has until 1/24/19 to decide whether they will seek DP. 11/19/18: Next Status hearing on 2/11. DA will provide notice by 1/24/19 if he will seek DP.
1/18/19 Update: The Pima County Attorney's Office has asked for more time to consider the death penalty. Granted by Judge. Have until 3/25/19 to provide notice.
2/11/19 Update: DA will seek DP. State's motion to appoint a special master to review recordings of dozens of recorded jail phone calls between Clements & Tucson attorney John Kaufmann, who represented Clements in a 2012 case. In December 2016, Kaufmann withdrew as Clements' lawyer, but a review by Tucson Police Dept. detectives of phone numbers associated with Clements showed multiple calls to Kauffman's home. Tucson police have three such recordings, but have not yet received the other 24 from Maricopa County jail officials, Mosher said in court. Clements' lawyers objected to the motion, but Bernini granted the state's request, saying she'd approach several retired judges about acting as a special master in the case. Next hearing 4/15.
That's bold to plead not guilty....justice cometh!!

Child murders: Suspect in court while parents look on

TUCSON, Ariz. - A man charged with killing two young girls -- sat in court Monday -- as the parents of those girls -- sat through the hearing.

The parents of six year old Isabel Celis and 14 year old Maribel Gonzales -- watched as prosecutors and defense attorneys argued over defense efforts -- to throw out the heart of the case against Christopher Clements.

Christopher Clements attorneys are trying to convince Judge Deborah Bernini to throw out the murder and kidnapping indictments against him.

Clements is charged in the disappearance and death of both six year old Isabel Celis and 14 year old Maribel Gonzalez.

His lawyers argue prosecutors did not share information that might cast doubt on whether Clements should be indicted at all.

Part of the defense claim is that Isabel Celis father Sergio showed suspicious behavior Grand Jurors should have had more opportunity to consider.

Sergio Celis has never been charged in the case. He and Isabel's mother Becky Celis were both in the audience for this latest hearing but showed no strong reaction to seeing the man accused of killing their daughter.

It's not in dispute that Clements led investigators to Isabel Celis remains but never explained how he knew where they were.
[...]
He's is due back in court June 14 but his actual trial is still far in the future.

That's bold to plead not guilty....justice cometh!!

I expected no less. Most do plead NG even if the evidence is overwhelming against them.

Even if he pled guilty in the guilt phase the DA wouldn't take the DP option off of the table.

So his only hope of escaping death is to have one holdout juror. However, I don't think one juror will have one ounce of sympathy for him.

Plus by pleading NG it prolongs the inevitable. That's why we see creeps like this who are willing to spend many years in jail.

Also pedophile murderers, like CC, get to relive all of it again during a public trial.

Jmo

News 4 Tucson

Prosecutors respond to indictment challenge in Isabel Celis and Maribel Gonzales case

Imo, the judge will rule against the defendant. So I'm not worried, and justice will go forward, although years from now.

The only way he knew where Isa was all those years when no one else did, is because he is the vile who threw her little body away there like trash, after he had brutally ravaged, and murdered her.

He, and his lawyers conveniently omit the FBI has his ex girlfriend's sworn statement, and him burying items in her yard.

What haunts me still is the other two bodies he said he had put in the desert.

He easily could have found his victims in another AZ city miles from Tucson or even in another bordering state, and disposed of their remains in this same general area that seems to be his comfort zone for body dumping.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member