CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the only theories I’ve heard that makes any sense as far as the eyewitness accounts.

They were actually seeing SM who was out searching for Karlie.

This theory arose because at the time of the missing persons report, SM said Karlie was last seen in a T-shirt and skinny jeans. SM went out looking for her and SM was wearing... a T-shirt and gray sweatpants. Eyewitness say they saw someone matching karlies description in a T-shirt and gray sweatpants. SM then changed her information to Karlie last seen in a T-shirt and gray sweatpants. So... eyewitnesses actually saw SM and not Karlie. It’s a theory.
This is MO of what happened with the sighting too...SM changed info to match the witnesses sighting to deem it more credible that it were in fact Karlie. IMO they are hiding the truth.

I can’t wait to see bio moms interview. We will see two very different parent interviews. At least you have an alibi such a weird thing to say when your daughter goes missing and that she’s gone.. I don’t like that and it gives me the goose bumps. What happened to Karlie?

If told to not say anything why lie about checking on Karlie? She supposedly slept next to her all night... SM cares too much about what people think of her than Karlie. Her pictures with Karlie seem to show closeness between the two of them. But I think SM likes to come off better than she is.

The car theory, could be possible. If my child came home intoxicated in anyway the last thing I would think of doing would be to record them without video.. why? Was Karlie hurt, why was there no video of her at all. If I was going to show her how immature and “crazy” she was being wouldn’t video be more beneficial? Like look at your eyes look how they are moving constantly. Concerned enough to record but not concerned enough to seek help for Karlie.

I did not realize Karlie was new to the neighborhood (5-7 weeks). Where did she live prior to the move?

Did the family move to this neighborhood due to her father’s job or her step moms?
Wondering the reason to move to such a small secluded town and how Karlie felt about the move.
And if new to the neighborhood-just how familiar were the neighbors with Karlie to be so certain they saw her that morning? Wasn't it dark out? MOO

Good questions.

And I can understand having to fix actual damage when your kid goes missing if you still need to rely on the car to drive around in but detailing? I mean come on. Who actually thinks about something like that when their kid is missing and can't be found?

Especially at the same time they're making tearfully gasping and ever so dramatic Facebook live videos.

"Oh yeah and Mike, can you detail that bad boy up for me as well while you're at it?"

Wth.
LOL ....Car Detail after someone goes missing= bright red flags.

Never followed this case until I watched Dr. Phil today. I didn't find anything too odd in their demeanor or answers. Remember it's been about 5 1/2 months since her disappearance so ones emotions would be expressed differently than if this occurred a week ago. jmo

Still catching up but WOW! So exciting (not the right word) to see so much momentum/chatter in Karlie's case!! Thank you Dr Phil!
Those of us who have been here for the last 5 months seem to have our feelings about SM and dad, if we're being honest with ourselves I don't think anything that happened in these Dr. Phil episodes would have changed many of our minds one way or the other. I know I don't speak for everyone, but that's just my opinion.
That being said I really would like to hear more opinions on the show from people who have not been following the case- if this was your first time hearing about Karlie. I think it's pretty interesting to see @bwt42 didn't find anything odd about SM/dad. Personally I know I'm watching these Dr. Phil clips with hatred already skewing my perspective.

Stepmom Of Missing Teen Karlie Gusé: ‘I Had Spent The Whole Night With Her In Her Room’ | Dr. Phil

Why not release the audio to Dr. Phil's team when they asked for it? Why pretend like you didn't know that they asked? I love that Dr. Phil says, "Oh, we asked." :p
He does get to listen to it, off camera in today's episode. He says it is clear that she is hallucinating and it was something other than Marijuana. Says that she says "I'm sorry" about 100 times, but it was more for something other than what she did. The detective said that when he listened to it earlier you can hear the movie "Cool Runnings" in the background including the credits, indicating that the recording was from around 10:30 pm that Friday night.

It backs up what the SM was saying, but the only reason she produced it was because she was "tired of people lying", which doesn't look good.

The birth mom says that SM took her two kids to her brother's house that morning, possibly as early as 5:30 am. That wasn't followed up on by Dr. Phil.

Still catching up but WOW! So exciting (not the right word) to see so much momentum/chatter in Karlie's case!! Thank you Dr Phil!
Those of us who have been here for the last 5 months seem to have our feelings about SM and dad, if we're being honest with ourselves I don't think anything that happened in these Dr. Phil episodes would have changed many of our minds one way or the other. I know I don't speak for everyone, but that's just my opinion.
That being said I really would like to hear more opinions on the show from people who have not been following the case- if this was your first time hearing about Karlie. I think it's pretty interesting to see @bwt42 didn't find anything odd about SM/dad. Personally I know I'm watching these Dr. Phil clips with hatred already skewing my perspective.
I just started following this case and listened to the Nancy Grace interview and just finished watching both Dr.Phil's literally minutes ago.

The BM is very believable. I can't trust what the father and SM are saying because of all the inconsistencies. I believe they are hiding something, although not necessarily guilty of something premeditated involving Karlie.

in the beginning there was also a woman who was a marketing person posting on behalf of the SM and dad. She was more concerned with page hits and who was following her on twitter than providing details on Karlies disappearance. My hinky meter was raised immediatly. the poor mom has been put thru hell.

in the beginning there was also a woman who was a marketing person posting on behalf of the SM and dad. She was more concerned with page hits and who was following her on twitter than providing details on Karlies disappearance. My hinky meter was raised immediatly. the poor mom has been put thru hell.
The inconsistencies and the immediate jump onto SM to "Blast" the news that Karlie was missing is what concerns me. I'm going to bet that most of us if put in the SM situation would not run to FB. JMO I can tell you for certain, I wouldn't. And to say that we all react differently, sure. But, it's odd. Period.

EBM

The inconsistencies and the immediate jump onto SM to "Blast" the news that Karlie was missing is what concerns me. I'm going to bet that most of us if put in the SM situation would not run to FB. JMO I can tell you for certain, I wouldn't. And to say that we all react differently, sure. But, it's odd. Period.

EBM
I don't know how they got the police to respond so fast. A helicopter by 1 pm when she may have gone for a walk as late as 7:15 am? I am surprised the police even took their phone call before noon that Saturday.

Ugh, he's a glib liar. He cuts off his wife about the Dateline lie. Look how many excuses: "We were told not to say much of anything to anybody about anything [replete with lots of nonchalant head bobs]...it's too early, ya' know, it's...[squinty-eyed casualness again in an effort to seem reasonable]...it's just...we don't know what to do! There's no handbook for this, man, you just...[heavy sigh]"

So you lie?

He quickly cycles through four, separate excuses for lying to the media THEY contacted.

They lied because they were told not to tell anyone anything.
They lied because it was too early.
They lied because they didn't know what to do.
They lied because there's no handbook on this.

And he uses a lot of unnecessary, redundant words "anything" "anybody" "anything".

He seems used to lying. Used to making crummy things sound reasonable.

Oh gosh, I do not like these two.
That caught my eye too. I've seen similar in other cases watching video of police interviews and reading trial transcripts. I've come to think of it as "testing the water" to see if their statement is accepted by the listener.

IOW, give an answer, wait for a reaction. If it's negative or neutral try a different answer, and so on. A subset of it involves modifying the answers to better fit the facts. While it doesn't prove guilt it strongly implies that something is being hidden.

I do think these people are holding something back. MOO.

Butting in as someone who hasn't been following the case. After a few minutes of listening to dad and stepmom my thought was why the hell did they not take Karlie to the ER? Or call the hospital or even their family doctor to ask for guidance? The description of Karlie's behavior, the fluttering eyes, the paranoia, the fright all screams BAD DRUG!

The SM seemed very concerned with public reaction on social media and that's always a red flag to me. The clips of her facebook videos showed (to me) someone prone to drama and maybe even enjoying the role.

I could ignore the inappropriate giggling/smiles and the tearless crying but their statements lead me to believe something is being hidden. As I said above it doesn't mean either did anything wrong insofar as harming Karlie but I bet LE has their hands full dealing with them.

I'm looking forward to tonight's interview with bio mom.

Back when this first happened people were posting on the mono police FB to check and see why SM was driving a rental car and put her own car in the shop. They were bombarding that page and then Mono started deleting them and banning people.

This is such an odd case. I knew about it as one of my friends on FB is a cousin to her. So I started watching all this as it unfolded.

Originally I didn't believe the sightings either; but now I do. I just can't imagine that 3 different people all saw someone else that early on a Sat morning. This is classified as a runaway because LE believes the witnesses are credible.

I do feel that the dad and SM are still lying about what really happened. I think there was a huge blow up and Karlie left.

Yes this is where it seems confusing.

But I'm seeing conflicting info.

Do we have a quote from LE about these witnesses - what they said and who they are?

Do we have a quote from LE stating they're credible?

Do we have a quote from LE that this is classified as a runaway case?

What did the witnesses say they saw? I can only find one quote from them:

"At daybreak Oct. 13, Eddy was sipping coffee while relaxing in his Jacuzzi, which sits in an enclosed room facing the street.

Eddy said that sometime between 6:30 a.m. and 6:45 a.m., he saw a tall, slender female with long hair walk by. “She was looking up, looking around at the sky,” he said."

Search continues for California teen Karlie Gusé | Las Vegas Review-Journal

I think it's indeed possible she left the house. But something seems wrong. Did someone in the home get give something to Karlie? Were they worried about not getting her help and/or being under the influence themselves? Did they toss her out? Did someone track her down and do something to her because she was trying to run? Or because they were angry?

Why did SM take her son's to a relative's house at 5:30 am? What was going on? Where did bio-mom get that info?

What time were the police called?

I was just re-watching the Dr. Phil episode from 3/25 and when the stepmother is putting up a poster on a telephone poll she says "the ribbon is for Karlie because teal WAS (she then I think catches what she said and hesitates for a second but then keeps going) her favorite color"...that's one of the most classic slip ups in any murder case.

At this point I can't believe anything from the father and SM. Not only have they changed some facts, but they very specifically have lied about the times when things occurred.

Even on the show they lied about what they were refusing to tell the producers.

The only time I am certain of is the text at 5:48 am from SM to the friend, and that the text only asked about what they smoked. I find it really hard to believe that she went to sleep immediately after asking such a concerned question.

She also repeats 5:30 am as if that is an important time for her. It was the original time she gave for waking up, as well as the time she said she woke up every day to search.

I am also not sure of the 3:30 am time the father gave for when he woke up and saw Karlie. He seemed to jump at the opportunity to say that even though it doesn't have much significance in her disappearance. Yet they refuse to play the audio even though that has huge significance. Even when Dr. Phil tells them how much info he can get from it.

Like someone posted early on, they may not have anything to do with her disappearance but they are definitely hiding something, imo.

And apparently that is when she took her son's to a relatives house. Around 5:30 am. Why?

I was just re-watching the Dr. Phil episode from 3/25 and when the stepmother is putting up a poster on a telephone poll she says "the ribbon is for Karlie because teal WAS (she then I think catches what she said and hesitates for a second but then keeps going) her favorite color"...that's one of the most classic slip ups in any murder case.
I missed the slip-up but completely felt that the statement was odd anyway...my childs missing and I'm figuring out color sequencies for whom? So when she comes back she can see that her wonderful stepmom thought of her favorite color while she was missing/endangered? SM is loving the spotlight IMO and I hope that is all. Praying that our hinky meters are off on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998