NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of cases going on right now and some of them seem to be getting crossed up in the public eye.

Also relatives getting their hopes up and prematurely announcing an ID that hasn't been confirmed yet.

I mean, yes, probably the family was searching for them and quite possibly LE didn't take a report--but until news comes from NH LE or Dr. Rae-Ventner or another reliable source, I'm not going to get my knickers in a twist...
yes, there's even more twists and turns, the adult female's family met TPR by his actual name and they are probably pending on the identification because there are other things that they now need to investigate.

There was BBS in the 80's...
Yes, it was late 80's, and very old fshion
There was BBS in the 80's...

Yes, it was very old fashion and late 80's, I was shocked I even found it, and was hard to read, messages for a lot of people looking for missing friends or relatives. Kinda like zabba search.

Yes, it was late 80's, and very old fshion

Yes, it was very old fashion and late 80's, I was shocked I even found it, and was hard to read, messages for a lot of people looking for missing friends or relatives. Kinda like zabba search.
Could you maybe send me a link to the page you found?( Not for this case, but I have been looking at several older cases and would like to look through them for possible matches)

Has she not been officially matched with a direct relative? Why else would they not release her identify? Privacy reasons for the family?

She’s been missing for almost 4 decades and the killer died in prison. What’s the risk?

Has she not been officially matched with a direct relative? Why else would they not release her identify? Privacy reasons for the family?

She’s been missing for almost 4 decades and the killer died in prison. What’s the risk?
I’m thinking they may be trying to identify the middle child (plus her mother’s whereabouts) and announce it all at the same time.

I don't really do social media (yeah, I know WS is social media), so I don't always understand some of the posts here.

Has the eldest female definitely been identified?

Not releasing the victim's name is an inappropriate level of secrecy for a murder victim.

Why? Stevik wasn't a murder victim.
But he did kill himself, which would mean a lot of extra heartbreak for the family if his identity was released.

My point is that Stevik is a useless comparison to the Bear Brook victims: the former is not a murder victim, the latter are. It is reasonable, or at least defensible, to withhold the identity of someone who dies from some non-criminal cause. By contrast, it is not analogously reasonable to withhold the identities of the Bear Brook victims: as murder victims, the public has a reasonable right to know who they were.

The notion, floated by Laughing, that families ought to have veto over the disclosure of the identity of relatives who were murdered is sentimental rubbish. Again: that is an inappropriate level of secrecy for a murder case (particularly one this old).

Knowing the identity first and perhaps discussing it with the relatives could lead them to the killer. The family would keep it under wraps if they had any suspicions. This would be a major murder case. If news was made public, and the killer is still alive they may flee or kill themselves before they could arrest that person.

Knowing the identity first and perhaps discussing it with the relatives could lead them to the killer. The family would keep it under wraps if they had any suspicions. This would be a major murder case. If news was made public, and the killer is still alive they may flee or kill themselves before they could arrest that person.
I'm confused, you don't think the killer was Rasmussen?

It was announced a while ago that the Allenstown four were killed by Terry Rasmussen. He died in December 2010 so unfortunately he never answered for killing them.

It's possible the situation is more complicated than we think it is. It probably involves several different LE agencies (for the vicitms) and possibly other cold cases from the area. That wouldn't mean the answers are any different, but coordinating among the different agencies likely takes more time than if it was just the NH cold case unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks