IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #4 * ALL CHARGES DROPPED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What bothers me the most is that the powers that be knew exactly how this would look to the American public and they still did it. They're untouchable IMO.

This is totally shocking and sickening----the prosecutor and his cronies dont give a
fig about the CPD, completely throwing their hard work under the bus-this deal stinks
like rotting fish

This is totally shocking and sickening----the prosecutor and his cronies dont give a
fig about the CPD, completely throwing their hard work under the bus-this deal stinks
like rotting fish
Yup.

If they thought this was the right thing to do, then why blindside the police chief, the mayor, and federal prosecutors investigating the hate letter?

This came out of nowhere, and that doesn’t just smell, it wreaks.

What bothers me the most is that the powers that be knew exactly how this would look to the American public and they still did it. They're untouchable IMO.

That really is the whole point, isn't it?

I don't even think the prosecutor is trying now. Assuming he is not aged 12, he knows the optics full well. He knows that in a few years nobody will remember the story in the same way as another person, like a game of Telephone; and that all anybody will remember is JS's crowing about it. People aren't going to remember the text of the proffer; or the charges' likeliness vs. non-likeliness. They're going to remember and quote "He was vindicated! He was deemed innocent of all charges!" The prosecutor's fine points of nolle prosequi will be as nothing to the large majority of humanity who are not degreed legal professionals; and either that prosecutor or their boss(es) are in fact counting on it, IMO.

Just throwing this out for consideration. Since Jussie's attorney was named as co-conspirator in the extortion case yesterday, could there be any connection to this outrageous emergency court hearing today that dropped all charges and sealed everything up tight?
https://nypost.com/2019/03/25/lawye...ie-smollett-named-as-avenatti-co-conspirator/

ETA for clarification. I'm thinking how Jussie refused to turn over his phone. Who was in his phone records? Did his attorney know?

Last edited:
I thought the UK was a laughing stock to the world but this is a joke.

So he gets away Scott free as he won’t be fired now. He will continue to claim he was set up so zero punishment at all.
Not quite yet. The ball has been tossed to the Feds, stay tuned.
Repercussions from Federal Charges are much more likely to end in prison time rather than community service.

The joke is the system doesn’t care and we have it at the moment in the UK as well.

This was such a huge news story because the media blew it up. So this hasn’t been swept under the carpet quietly. This is basically a spit in the face to everybody as it’s telling the world “ the same rules don’t apply to the Rich and the Famous”. They can do what the hell they want and if you have enough money it will be swept under the carpet even when the majority of people know it’s a cover up.

So just imagine what gets swept under the carpet quietly without anybody knowing if they can do this with a case like this when it’s been worldwide
News for weeks.

How can the prosecutors state that Smollett had no prior criminal record?

He had a prior record of lying to law enforcement when he was pulled over and falsely identified himself as his brother.
He did not want to be held accountable for his law breaking, so he claimed to be his brother.
What a snake.
BBM Snipped for brevity

So there should be a record for him that can be sleuthed .....

Before all of this I'd never heard of him.
Now when I see his name , I'll think of the legacy he made for himself.
He has himself to thank for it ; because outside of his enablers, and whomever he bribed -- at the end of the day, none of us would be here if it weren't for Jussie's actions.

I do have a distinct feeling that the internal (and external) investigations of the leaks from within the CPD found that a prosecution of JS was risky at best. Due to possible double jeopardy continuing could contradict a future Federal charge and case against him. I'm hoping that's the reason. Only thing I can think of that makes even remote sense. Also anything done on a Federal level will not leave Chicago itself as responsible for any retribution.

JMO

Did Top Prosecutor Break Law Cutting Deal With Jussie Smollett?

On Tuesday, hours after charges against Smollett were dropped, Chicago Fraternal Order of Police president Kevin Graham rushed to the Dirksen Federal Court building to ask the feds to investigate whether Foxx violated any laws in her role as Cook County's top prosecutor.

Well I suppose this is a big "win" for Empire and Smollett, and his supporters can gloat and continue to believe his BS even though all the evidence proves he lied to LE and everyone else.

Its a big lose for those without celebrity status, power or money who are real victims of hate crimes.

What a slap in the face to the "justice" system.

moo

This wouldn’t of been so bad if the charges had been dropped but he then couldn’t claim he was innocent.

But millions of people will now believe he was set up by racist cops and the system.

So how does that work?
Sadly, this will pan out only as as the press spins it.
Hopefully, there is an honorable journalist or network out there that will dig and report the facts.

I’m outraged.

The Chicago PD spent many many hours on this case and Smollett lied to them repeatedly.

This really disparages the “little people” who have had terrible racist things done to them.

He is filth to me. There needs to be an investigation into what happened here and who intervened.

Not just hours. They worked for a month, night, and day, on this hoax case.

Heads need to roll. Imo

Rafer Weigel‏Verified account @RaferWeigel
The email sent by Michelle Obama’s former Chief of Staff Tina Tchen which was the precursor to text and phone call exchanges between SA Kim Foxx and an unknown #JussieSmolett family member.

D2nuOFaXgAIlGZY.jpg

D2nuOFaW0AAjieV.jpg

D2nuOFZXcAA1aWa.jpg

D2nuOFaXgAENywA.jpg

7:11 PM - 26 Mar 2019 from Chicago, IL

Maybe you are right, but nobody in authority as of now has said there is a lack of evidence. For now, until we know more, that is an assumption you are making. Maybe it is true, but my assumption is they have evidence but made a deal...and that is about all we know. Of all things we should learn from this case, we should learn not to make assumptions. ☺

Jmo
Correct on assumptions. Going way back I may have been the only person here that cautioned on taking the tweet leaks as facts.
Superintendent confirmed that the early tweets were not coming from his dept. IMO

Did Top Prosecutor Break Law Cutting Deal With Jussie Smollett?

On Tuesday, hours after charges against Smollett were dropped, Chicago Fraternal Order of Police president Kevin Graham rushed to the Dirksen Federal Court building to ask the feds to investigate whether Foxx violated any laws in her role as Cook County's top prosecutor.

Good for them. This wasn't about double jeopardy either as someone said.. Two entirely different cases, and different offenses totally.

The CPD is in the right. This wasn't small insignificant offenses. If convicted he could have received 48 years from what I have read. They had all the evidence needed to convict him, even Magats admitted it.

If I was the CPD I would file a lawsuit against JS for all of the money it cost them, during this lengthy thorough investigation. Imo

This isn't about politics. This is a moral dilemma about right, and wrong, and this decision today was so wrong on every level that it's hard to stomach.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member