Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to know if the electrical company gave it to the police or ITV initially. Because if they gave it to police, as you'd expect/hope, the police must have authorised its release.

Pretty sure they gave it to police first because one worker expressed frustration that police had had the footage for nearly a week without releasing it.

"The Haworth Street footage was captured by cameras overlooking steel gates to an electrical firm. Staff checked it after Libby was reported missing and alerted cops. But workers there are fuming detectives took so long to reveal it.

One said: “We couldn’t understand why it wasn’t published straight away by the police. If it was my daughter I would have it everywhere. Surely they have had enough time to examine it, obtain the licence plate and do checks to find out where it went. Time is of the essence. They always talk about the golden hour in investigations. They’ve had nearly a week.”

CCTV footage emerges of last sighting of missing Libby Squire 'in car with man'

Pretty sure they gave it to police first because one worker expressed frustration that police had had the footage for nearly a week without releasing it.

"The Haworth Street footage was captured by cameras overlooking steel gates to an electrical firm. Staff checked it after Libby was reported missing and alerted cops. But workers there are fuming detectives took so long to reveal it.

One said: “We couldn’t understand why it wasn’t published straight away by the police. If it was my daughter I would have it everywhere. Surely they have had enough time to examine it, obtain the licence plate and do checks to find out where it went. Time is of the essence. They always talk about the golden hour in investigations. They’ve had nearly a week.”

Interesting, they checked it first. Wonder what they seen in the unedited parts and do they have another camera on the premises with footage from a different angle?

Thank you for bringing up these quotes, I remembered something involving them handing it in to the police originally but couldn’t find that source.

Looking back on it, their reasoning for passing it onto ITV sounds like they’re trying to justify it to themselves. Maybe the police didn’t need to release the footage because they already knew everything from it had taken place and the video was just further evidence. Not releasing it to the media didn’t mean that LE weren’t acting on it

I think she had got home, realised she didn’t have a key to get in, she didn’t have her phone and probably didn’t have any money, I’m of course presuming her friends paid for the taxi. I think she got more and more upset because of these things and more vulnerable as she got colder. So she would have been upset and distressed. I think she was either trying to get back to The Welly where her friends were, but that doesn’t explain crossing the road or she went to the bench to feel safe until her friends got home. I think if I was in that vulnerable and very cold state I would have tried to get back to The Welly unless I had a friend somewhere who I knew would be home.
I'm still catching up. Where was Libby trying to get to? Something posted by @ The Casual struck a chord with me. I'm not a local but have memories of the area from the distant past. So, is The Gardener's Arms pub still popular with students and could some of her other friends have still been in there. The Casual stated a few days ago that it didn't close until 12:30 on the night in question. It's on Cottingham Rd opposite the end of Haworth St & a five minute walk from the bench area along Haworth St or via the Haworth pub junction. Also did the pedestrian crossing on Beverley Rd near the end of Beresford Ave play any part in the Greybeard scenario.

I’ve gone back in the thread to when we were discussing the Raglan Street residents letters with the 7 questions on them. None of the links we passed back and forth now contain the list of 7 - so they either never did, or they’ve been edited. Few examples of the conversation below. Suggests to me all 7 were printed? I’m sure I even saw an actual photograph of the letter itself listing them.
Was there a questionaire? Ive seen the letter posted to raglan residents asking to come forward with info on anything unusual overnight.

There is an article in the HDM and the Mirror on line about a student being followed home to Newlands Avenue and having things stolen from her room.

I'm still catching up. Where was Libby trying to get to? Something posted by @ The Casual struck a chord with me. I'm not a local but have memories of the area from the distant past. So, is The Gardener's Arms pub still popular with students and could some of her other friends have still been in there. The Casual stated a few days ago that it didn't close until 12:30 on the night in question. It's on Cottingham Rd opposite the end of Haworth St & a five minute walk from the bench area along Haworth St or via the Haworth pub junction. Also did the pedestrian crossing on Beverley Rd near the end of Beresford Ave play any part in the Greybeard scenario.

Yeah Haworth and Gardeners are still popular with students.

On a Thursday night students usually go them before because they're cheap and then go to a night club. Usually Piper, Welly or Spiders

Sadly, opportunistic burglaries like this are quite common. :-(
I imagine every thing will seem so heightened at the minute though.
I’d be interested to know if there’s an increase in police reports in the aftermath of incidents like LS’s.

Pretty scary stuff in the area still

Student 'followed home' has bedroom raided minutes after she went into kitchen

University of Hull student Millie Connell's bedroom was ransacked as she made food - in flat just a mile away from where Libby Squire last seen alive
Awful though that sounds - it looks like a normal robbery. Frightening and dangerous but not sexually deviant. Just someone after a bag and bank cards. Compared with PR who seemed to favour sex toys and knickers.

My impression was that the sun were instrumental in getting the haworth cctv footage. They responsibly referred it to the police , the police edited to prevent prejudicing any investigation and let them publish the resulting version. The editing probably included editing out clearer views of the main suspect PR , the police are obviously certain PR is the correct person.
From humberside.police.uk "“The investigation is very much ongoing and active, with one man continuing to remain under investigation while we further our enquiries. "
Id take what the electrical firm said with a grain of salt , they arnt going to say , "hey we sold it to the sun for a few shillings"

Yeah Haworth and Gardeners are still popular with students.

On a Thursday night students usually go them before because they're cheap and then go to a night club. Usually Piper, Welly or Spiders
Then another thought on why Libby ended up in that location is that she either thought about heading to the University where she would haveh had friends with phones (her friends said she always let them know when shes got home). Or it was a good place to wait for friends possibly coming back from campus or student pubs.

Either way would have brought students along Haworth :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members