IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely LE is tracking RL's phone to account for that chunk of time?

Like everyone else, I am bewildered at RL's release from lockup and LE claiming they don't know where he is. RL does not strike me as a criminal mastermind, I mean come on.

I'm surprised that msm hasn't reported more on this location. Not only has the babysitter not been identified not one news station has written about 229 Holmes other than referring to it as the babysitter's house.

Why is that? It's Indianapolis, not some backwoods village in the middle of nowhere. I'm not aware of any gag orders, so... why?

Until more information is released all we can do is guess. If Amber and Amiah were living on the property but not in the actual house then their living quarters could range anywhere from an unheated garage with no utilities all the way over to a converted living space.

I've seen both. Little Teghan Skiba was tortured and murdered in an unelectrified shed with no running water or toilet. I also have a friend who rented a garage that had been remodeled as affordable housing with a small kitchen, bathroom and bedroom and was quite cozy.

Which is it in this case? Who knows! I'm more concerned that the media isn't focusing on this house more. We don't even yet know where Amber was living, let alone her housing conditions. Where are all the investigative reporters??

It seems to be this way with just about every case. For all we know the sitter is a family member, an ex-girlfriend of RL, a friend for the little they share, and is just called the sitter. We had that in another case recently.... Later it was shared who it was... The person was not even in question but rather than state the relationship, they called her something similar to a sitter. So it could be LE in the initial weeks keeping things close to the vest...?

Here though, it is different because media has an address, etc. The sitter also has to be wondered about because is that not the property the search warrant was served on???

If the suspected shed is the one in the pics of the shed, not garage, and if they lived in it, I would welcome other's input but what is it probably 8 x 10 or 10 x 12? That is not going to result in an apartment but maybe a bed and chair tops? Maybe a microwave.

I do not know what media's deal is but I will say this, some of them do not seem to be able to pull away from all day politics and regurgitated news they pull from online from other people's work and links and only if they learn the story has gotten attention elsewhere...

jmo.

I just can't understand why/how RL got out of jail.

Rl was booked for domestic violence, this had to do with Amiah’s mom.

The police couldn’t hold Rl on any other charges except domestic violence, unfortunately he was released from jail
and wasn't a suspect of Amiah's disappearance at that time.

I never saw a domestic violence charge for him when I pulled the charges he was in jail on. We only got that information from mom, right?

Its possible I missed an update though.

ETA:Inmate Lookup Tool

According to the link from the timeline, both the police and grandfather refer to this:

“Police say Lyons and Robertson got into an argument Saturday, likely over whether or not Lyons was the father for Amiah. Lyons was arrested over that "domestic dispute", according to Amiah's grandfather Chuck Robertson.

"He physically abused my daughter and it escalated into where he actually ran a car into her," Robertson said. "All I can do it hope. I don't know."”

As for the charges, there are none for DV:
See incident under 3/16 timeline

IN - IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #2

EtA:
Wait I’m suddenly confused. I thought he was arrested on Sunday. But it says the DV happened on Saturday? Sorry if this is a brainfart. Need to look at this again.

What time was he arrested? Grrr my head.

Last edited:
According to the link from the timeline, both the police and grandfather refer to this:

“Police say Lyons and Robertson got into an argument Saturday, likely over whether or not Lyons was the father for Amiah. Lyons was arrested over that "domestic dispute", according to Amiah's grandfather Chuck Robertson.

"He physically abused my daughter and it escalated into where he actually ran a car into her," Robertson said. "All I can do it hope. I don't know."”
Source: Link

—-

Also you are in that there are no DV charges
See charges under 3/17 timeline

I guess that's what the criminal recklessness could be. I personally dont believe anything that is said from this case without physical evidence to back it...

What a sad mess

I guess that's what the criminal recklessness could be. I personally dont believe anything that is said from this case without physical evidence to back it...

What a sad mess

Hi y. :) I hear ya about not believing anything in this case without something to back it up, believe me. I’m even looking at the msm outlets themselves very carefully because I notice when there are attempts to paraphrase the PC it can get a little iffy.

It is interesting to note that according to the article “police say they got into an argument.”

Some of us did see a bruise on her neck and remnants of a black eye.

Iirc, in Colorado if there’s a domestic dispute, someone is automatically going to jail (need to look that up to link and back it up).

There was mention upstream that perhaps she decided to drop the charges? It is interesting that, as already mentioned, there are no DV charges.

Let’s see what @Kadoober ‘s transcript says about this:

Last edited:
Yeah that was my question too. I wonder if he was spotted by surveillance cameras or maybe people are talking? IDK but I am disgusted and saddened that this baby has still not been located.
I got the impression that they had not seen her on camera in the car, and that's why they are saying the last time she was seen alive and well was at the babysitters house, and are asking for tips from the public. Imo

As for the charges, there are none for DV:
See charges under 3/17 timeline

Usually when police respond to a domestic dispute call they interview everyone separately. They may have gotten three different stories from three different people. If Amber had no signs of injury, and she did not claim that RL attempted to harm her, they may have been unable to charge him with assault. Imo

Rl was booked for domestic violence, this had to do with Amiah’s mom.

The police couldn’t hold Rl on any other charges except domestic violence, unfortunately he was released from jail
and wasn't a suspect of Amiah's disappearance at that time.
I still cannot wrap my mind around someone getting released that quickly after running someone down with a car. Why wasn’t that assault with a deadly weapon?

I still cannot wrap my mind around someone getting released that quickly after running someone down with a car. Why wasn’t that assault with a deadly weapon?

I was just going to say the exact same thing...

Especially if she had physical injuries on her to prove it.

Usually when police respond to a domestic dispute call they interview everyone separately. They may have gotten three different stories from three different people. If Amber had no signs of injury, and she did not claim that RL attempted to harm her, they may have been unable to charge him with assault. Imo

Agreed. But then what about the possible bruise on her neck and possible black eye?

And can someone please shed some light on why it says the altercation occurred on Saturday but he was arrested late Sunday (after the surveillance video), if I’m understanding this correctly.

And here’s another thing, where did the alleged DV occur? Because the car was towed early Sunday morning (if the time stamp is not an error) from 1017 Hamilton.

And why would they be removing items from Holmes on Sunday if they didn’t live there? (I missed the whole surveillance video discussion).

Let me add that 12:44 timestamp re the Tuesday search warrant and do the other time revisions as it seems we are really getting down to the nitty gritty now.

ETA:
Note to check timeline for March 9 to see if it says exactly RL where returned to. It must be Holmes if he was “returning” (check verbiage on timeline). So if went back there, why? Why go there if you already left with the baby? This indicates that either he was staying there, or there was another reason to return to that residence.

Last edited:
PROBABLY NOT RELATED BUT CAN SOMEONE CHECK THIS OUT

IMPD calls SWAT to scene of death investigation on near southwest side

ONCE AGAIN, PROBABLY NOT RELATED

Thanks for the heads up.

There’s an address at the above link.

“No further details were immediately provided. This story is developing.”

There’s also an 18 year old male missing.
Silver Alert - IN - Christian Tackett, 18, autistic, Indianapolis, 18 Mar 2019

Going downstairs:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/breaking-news-current-scanner-alerts-8.400672/page-5

Last edited:
Your thoughts as to why Amiah isn't registered with NCMEC, no organized searches happening- this whole time?

I recall at one of the press conferences that the detective speaking said something about not wanting people to organize searches because it wasn't safe. (Does anyone have the link to that? I'll go look for it some more but couldn't find it quickly offhand just now.)

I recall at one of the press conferences that the detective speaking said something about not wanting people to organize searches because it wasn't safe. (Does anyone have the link to that? I'll go look for it some more but couldn't find it quickly offhand just now.)
I believe that was the PIO at the search site- but during the PC the Chief said they appreciate the citizens who have searched. Which is also a surprise to me.

I do recall @book-thinker stating it was mentioned in his/her phone conversation wth LE that is was dangerous to search abandoned houses (as well as difficult to get a warrant).

—-

“The scene is in the 1500 block of South Concord Street, near West Minnesota Street and South Tibbs Avenue.”
IMPD calls SWAT to scene of death investigation on near southwest side

Distances and routes in progress to Holmes and other locations including M/R and 1017 Hamilton. I think I recall seeing Tibbs earlier.

—-
Another thing to note before I go off to map land and get distracted, I wanted to bring forward the discussion about bridge locations again. Men like to use bridges sometimes, moo.
Bridgehunter.com | Indianapolis, Indiana

—-
ETA/ it appears there are water bodies there including Blue Lake.

—-
ETA/ 2.O miles exactly, 6 minutes, per W. Morris and S. Warman (S. Warman AGAIN in route) to Holmes

21 minutes to Hamilton, 8.5 miles via I-70 E.

—-
Hmmmm this could be a hit...

Twitter folks, any news on this yet? Tia.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member