IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #5 Smollett indicted”

Status
Not open for further replies.
CWB Chicago: NEW: State prosecutors' bar "condemns" Foxx's "misleading," "Inaccurate," "abnormal" handling of Smollett case

The Illinois Prosecutors Bar Association serves as the voice for nearly 1,000 front line prosecutors across the State who work tirelessly towards the pursuit of justice.

The events of the past few days regarding the Cook County State’s Attorney’s handling of the Jussie Smollett case is not condoned by the IPBA, nor is it representative of the honest ethical work prosecutors provide to the citizens of the State of Illinois on a daily basis.

The manner in which this case was dismissed was abnormal and unfamiliar to those who practice law in criminal courthouses across the State. Prosecutors, defense attorneys, and judges alike do not recognize the arrangement Mr. Smollett received.

Even more problematic, the State’s Attorney and her representatives have fundamentally misled the public on the law and circumstances surrounding the dismissal. The public has the right to know the truth, and we set out to do that here.

Read the rest of the letter at the link above

It is very ugly. I pity the citizens of Chicago. They don't deserve this.

What he’s done to the citizens of Chicago is horrible but his actions are actually much more far-reaching. IMO

I'm from around there and I do not feel bad about this case, nor do I need pity and I don't feel that he has done anything to me.

I'm from around there and I do not feel bad about this case, nor do I need pity and I don't feel that he has done anything to me.

More than anything, this case has damaged people’s perception of the justice system.

A double standard for the wealthy and well connected.

The hoax made the city look bad, but the prosecutor’s office caused even more damage.

Not a good look.

Chicago wants $130K from Jussie within 7 days

Charlie De Mar‏Verified account @CharlieDeMar
Letter from City to Jussie Smollett titled “Demand Letter-Smollett False Statement” Read here:

D2xjHcCWkAE-vCP.jpg

4:59 PM - 28 Mar 2019

CWB Chicago: NEW: State prosecutors' bar "condemns" Foxx's "misleading," "Inaccurate," "abnormal" handling of Smollett case

The Illinois Prosecutors Bar Association serves as the voice for nearly 1,000 front line prosecutors across the State who work tirelessly towards the pursuit of justice.

The events of the past few days regarding the Cook County State’s Attorney’s handling of the Jussie Smollett case is not condoned by the IPBA, nor is it representative of the honest ethical work prosecutors provide to the citizens of the State of Illinois on a daily basis.

The manner in which this case was dismissed was abnormal and unfamiliar to those who practice law in criminal courthouses across the State. Prosecutors, defense attorneys, and judges alike do not recognize the arrangement Mr. Smollett received.

Even more problematic, the State’s Attorney and her representatives have fundamentally misled the public on the law and circumstances surrounding the dismissal. The public has the right to know the truth, and we set out to do that here.

Read the rest of the letter at the link above

“This irregular arrangement was an affront to prosecutors across the State, the Chicago Police Department, victims of hate crimes, and the people of the City of Chicago and Cook County. We strongly encourage our members and the public to review the National District Attorneys Associations statement on prosecutorial best practices in high profile cases.”

Amen.

Thankfully most people are outraged at hoax hate crimes because they can cause people to not to believe true victims.
And that’s the thing.

Most hate crimes are not fabrications, but the fabrications cause immense damage.

The facts never added up here, but people believed it anyway.

When the facts do add up in the future, people will have this case in the back of their minds.

Each case should stand alone, but that’s not the reality.

That’s where the harm lies.

BBM.

"If you polled a thousand big-city lawyers... survey says... we've never heard of this before!"

In other words, this "arrangement" deserves to be called "a Smollett", in the absolute strictest sense of naming something after the person who first initiated/inaugurated it!

And that’s the thing.

Most hate crimes are not fabrications, but the fabrications cause immense damage.

The facts never added up here, but people believed it anyway.

When the facts do add up in the future, people will have this case in the back of their minds.

Each case should stand alone, but that’s not the reality.

That’s where the harm lies.

I wonder if Jussie even realizes this? Or cares? It's mind-boggling to me.

I wonder if Jussie even realizes this? Or cares? It's mind-boggling to me.
I don’t think he does care, although he knows what he’s doing.

He went on tv and was confident enough to lie to the country. He even cried.

Even now, he’s keeping up the charade. I believe he always will.

He appears to be incredibly self centered, to the point of narcissism.

He cares, but only about himself.

Last edited:
I'm from the same state and I honestly haven’t heard a soul talk about it in real life - not even the guy I work with who pretty much constantly yammers on about either political or controversial issues. Hoaxes are all ugly, but most people tend not to dwell on them for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member