Found Deceased TX - King Jay Davila, 8 months, taken by a woman from the car, San Antonio, 4 Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday, February 28th:
*Pretrial Hearing for both cases (see below) (@ CT) – TX – King Jay Davila (8 mos) (Jan. 4, 2019, San Antonio) – *Christopher Davila (34) “father” arrested & charged (1/5/19) & indicted (1/11/19) with child endangerment & tampering with evidence. $750K bond (endangerment $500K, tampering $250K).
Was released on 1/5/19 on bail when only charged w/child endangerment.
Rearrested & charged (1/11/19) with felony charges of injury to a child causing serious bodily injury - omission, child endangerment, tampering with evidence, felony possession of a firearm & possession with the intent to deliver a controlled substance. $1.25M Bond.
Tried to stage a fake kidnapping. Police Chief William McManus said Davila was pressured by the evidence against him & ultimately confessed to burying his son in an open field. Investigators later found the burial site near Davila's Northeast Side home & recovered the baby's body on 1/10/19.
First Appearance on 1/11/19. DA will be filing new charges of injury to a child causing serious bodily injury-omission, felony possession of a firearm & possession with the intent to deliver a controlled substance. Pretrial hearing scheduled for 3/7/19 for both charges.
2/9/19 Update: Next Pretrial hearing on 2/27 & 3/7.
2/27/19 Update: was scheduled to make his first court appearance today, but that didn’t happen. According to Davila’s court appointed lawyer Davila has hired new a private lawyer. And that new lawyer is waiting on lots of discovery including hundreds of photos and reports made by Police. No further dates available.

Only for *Angie Torres (45) (Davila’s cousin) arrested (1/6/19) for aggravated robbery, indicted (1/11/19) with 3rd degree tampering with evidence. $250K bond.
Torres, was arrested after she allegedly attempted to shoplift a pack of razors from a Dollar General store, then attacked an employee who confronted her about the theft. In the process of investigating the robbery, police identified Torres, 45, as the woman from the surveillance video stealing the car. Confessed to crime.
2/9/19 Update: Tampering pretrial hearings on 2/19 & 2/28; robbery pretrial hearings on 2/26, 2/28 & 3/6.

*Beatrice Sampayo Davila (65) arrested & charged (1/10/19) with 3rd degree tampering with evidence. $250K bond reduced (2/8/19) to $50K. Released (2/10/19) with ankle monitor.
Beatrice had been the one who drove Torres to the gas station so that she could pretend to abduct King Jay & dispose of the car seat. Torres told authorities that Beatrice Davila had disclosed to her that King Jay had been severely injured by the baby’s father. Both women now face charges of tampering with evidence.
2/9/19 Update: Had bond hearing on 2/8/19. The prosecution showed the videos in open court in an attempt to portray Sampayo as being more able-bodied than she claims to be. Sampayo's defense attorney says she is suffering from cancer and needs treatment unavailable to her in the Bexar County Jail, where she is currently being held. The judge approved Sampayo's bail reduction from $250,000 to $50,000. She will now have to pay only $5,000 to be released from custody on a condition of drug and alcohol testing. Released (2/10/19) with ankle monitor. Next pretrial hearings on 2/13 & 3/6. 2/13/19: Pretrial hearing on 2/26.

"I can't give you any detailed details right now," Basile said after the court appearance, citing attorney-client privileges. "Some of what she is saying is backed up in the police reports about what went on that she knew about the baby, what was going on with the baby and that she was doing this for other people."

Woman charged in King Jay Davila kidnapping hoax makes court appearance

"I can't give you any detailed details right now," Basile said after the court appearance, citing attorney-client privileges. "Some of what she is saying is backed up in the police reports about what went on that she knew about the baby, what was going on with the baby and that she was doing this for other people."

Woman charged in King Jay Davila kidnapping hoax makes court appearance
Hmm, that's kind of weird. Was her lawyer saying Torres did participate in the fake kidnapping and did lie to LE? Or is he saying something in the police reports backs up whatever story she has given to him, meaning she's claiming not to have been involved? Either way it's odd.

Oh, and I had missed this from an earlier article about Davila and his stoopid letter:
Davila said in his letter that the pills authorities found on him belonged to Sampayo, who takes methadone, morphine and fentanyl to treat terminal ovarian and bone cancer. He said the gun belonged to his cousin.
'I feel angry': After hearing is postponed, King Jay's family expresses frustration

Say what? He had methadone, morphine and fentanyl on him that wasn't prescribed for him?? I sure hope LE took a blood sample.

What the heck was he doing with Sampayo's pills? Hmm,my guess he was either taking them or selling them. And that really makes me wonder about Sampayo's pain level and how badly she really needed all those meds if she could give them to Davila.

Hmm, that's kind of weird. Was her lawyer saying Torres did participate in the fake kidnapping and did lie to LE? Or is he saying something in the police reports backs up whatever story she has given to him, meaning she's claiming not to have been involved? Either way it's odd.

Oh, and I had missed this from an earlier article about Davila and his stoopid letter:

'I feel angry': After hearing is postponed, King Jay's family expresses frustration

Say what? He had methadone, morphine and fentanyl on him that wasn't prescribed for him?? I sure hope LE took a blood sample.

What the heck was he doing with Sampayo's pills? Hmm,my guess he was either taking them or selling them. And that really makes me wonder about Sampayo's pain level and how badly she really needed all those meds if she could give them to Davila.
I had no idea one could even be prescribed fentanyl. o_O My mother-in-law has terminal bone cancer and has a prescription for morphine & medical marijuana, but definitely not methadone or fentanyl. Hmmm.

I had no idea one could even be prescribed fentanyl. o_O My mother-in-law has terminal bone cancer and has a prescription for morphine & medical marijuana, but definitely not methadone or fentanyl. Hmmm.

Any pain management or palliative care physician can, and often will, prescribe fentanyl for terminal patients. Depending upon the pain level, they would also prescribe other narcotic pain medications as necessary.

Happyday, I am so very sorry that your MIL is ill. Sending you and your family much love.

Any pain management or palliative care physician can, and often will, prescribe fentanyl for terminal patients. Depending upon the pain level, they would also prescribe other narcotic pain medications as necessary.

Happyday, I am so very sorry that your MIL is ill. Sending you and your family much love.
Thank you so much button baby.

And that begs the question of why Sampayo wasn't taking those meds and instead was giving them to Davila.

To me it means she was playing the pain card - and her doctors - in order to obtain strong drugs that have value on the street. JMO and I'm not a doctor but that plus the video of Sampaya sans wheelchair, along with Torres, shopping for groceries and cigarettes makes me question just how debilitated she is. MOO.

Video shows King Jay's grandmother, her niece buying cigarettes, groceries after staged kidnapping

Wednesday, March 6th:
*Pretrial Hearing (see below) (@ CT) – TX – King Jay Davila (8 mos) (Jan. 4, 2019, San Antonio) – *Christopher Davila (34) “father” arrested & charged (1/5/19) & indicted (1/11/19) with child endangerment & tampering with evidence. $750K bond (endangerment $500K, tampering $250K).
Rearrested & charged (1/11/19) with felony charges of injury to a child causing serious bodily injury - omission, child endangerment, tampering with evidence, felony possession of a firearm & possession with the intent to deliver a controlled substance. $1.25M Bond.
Tried to stage a fake kidnapping. Police Chief William McManus said Davila was pressured by the evidence against him & ultimately confessed to burying his son in an open field. Investigators later found the burial site near Davila's Northeast Side home & recovered the baby's body on 1/10/19.
First Appearance on 1/11/19. DA will be filing new charges of injury to a child causing serious bodily injury-omission, felony possession of a firearm & possession with the intent to deliver a controlled substance. Pretrial hearing scheduled for 3/7/19 for both charges.

Only for *Angie Torres (45) (Davila’s cousin) arrested (1/6/19) for aggravated robbery, indicted (1/11/19) with 3rd degree tampering with evidence. $300K bond.
Torres, was arrested after she allegedly attempted to shoplift a pack of razors from a Dollar General store, then attacked an employee who confronted her about the theft. In the process of investigating the robbery, police identified Torres, 45, as the woman from the surveillance video stealing the car. Confessed to crime.
2/9/19 Update: Tampering pretrial hearings on 2/19 & 2/28; robbery pretrial hearings on 2/26, 2/28 & 3/6. 2/26/19: Defense will ask for bond reduction at this hearing on 3/6.

Only for *Beatrice Sampayo Davila (65) arrested & charged (1/10/19) with 3rd degree tampering with evidence. $250K bond reduced (2/8/19) to $50K. Released (2/10/19) with ankle monitor.
Beatrice had been the one who drove Torres to the gas station so that she could pretend to abduct King Jay & dispose of the car seat. Torres told authorities that Beatrice Davila had disclosed to her that King Jay had been severely injured by the baby’s father. Both women now face charges of tampering with evidence.
2/9/19 Update: Had bond hearing on 2/8/19. The prosecution showed the videos in open court in an attempt to portray Sampayo as being more able-bodied than she claims to be. Sampayo's defense attorney says she is suffering from cancer and needs treatment unavailable to her in the Bexar County Jail, where she is currently being held. The judge approved Sampayo's bail reduction from $250,000 to $50,000. She will now have to pay only $5,000 to be released from custody on a condition of drug and alcohol testing. Released (2/10/19) with ankle monitor. Next pretrial hearings on 2/13 & 3/6.

Thursday, March 7th:
*Pretrial Hearing (see below) (@ CT) – TX – King Jay Davila (8 mos) (Jan. 4, 2019, San Antonio) – Only for *Christopher Davila (34) “father” arrested & charged (1/5/19) & indicted (1/11/19) with child endangerment & tampering with evidence. $750K bond (endangerment $500K, tampering $250K).

*Angie Torres (45) (Davila’s cousin) arrested (1/6/19) for aggravated robbery, indicted (1/11/19) with 3rd degree tampering with evidence. $250K bond.
2/9/19 Update: Tampering pretrial hearings on 2/19 & 2/28; robbery pretrial hearings on 2/26, 2/28 & 3/6. 3/6/19: Ask for bond reduction. No update as of 3/7.

*Beatrice Sampayo Davila (65) arrested & charged (1/10/19) with 3rd degree tampering with evidence. $250K bond reduced (2/8/19) to $50K. Released (2/10/19) with ankle monitor.
2/9/19 Update: Had bond hearing on 2/8/19. The prosecution showed the videos in open court in an attempt to portray Sampayo as being more able-bodied than she claims to be. Sampayo's defense attorney says she is suffering from cancer and needs treatment unavailable to her in the Bexar County Jail, where she is currently being held. The judge approved Sampayo's bail reduction from $250,000 to $50,000. She will now have to pay only $5,000 to be released from custody on a condition of drug and alcohol testing. Released (2/10/19) with ankle monitor. Next pretrial hearings on 2/13 & 3/6. No update as of 3/7.

PALESTINE — The man accused in the death of King Jay Davila, the infant whose purported disappearance launched search parties into action, may not be the father of the boy after all.

Martin Gonzales III, an inmate at a Northeast Texas prison, said he is the father of the 8-month-old boy. He was shocked to learn King Jay had died in January and that his estranged wife’s fiancé, Christopher Davila, claims to be King Jay’s father and had a hand in his death.

"I know that baby boy is my son, not his. That's my blood, I know it," Gonzales, 25, said in interview with the San Antonio Express-News at the prison this month.

'That's my blood': Stunned to learn of King Jay's death, San Antonio man says baby is his son

PALESTINE — The man accused in the death of King Jay Davila, the infant whose purported disappearance launched search parties into action, may not be the father of the boy after all.

Martin Gonzales III, an inmate at a Northeast Texas prison, said he is the father of the 8-month-old boy. He was shocked to learn King Jay had died in January and that his estranged wife’s fiancé, Christopher Davila, claims to be King Jay’s father and had a hand in his death.

"I know that baby boy is my son, not his. That's my blood, I know it," Gonzales, 25, said in interview with the San Antonio Express-News at the prison this month.

'That's my blood': Stunned to learn of King Jay's death, San Antonio man says baby is his son
Geez just when you think this cast of characters can't get any crazier.....:eek:

paywall for me. but I could see the pic of the inmate and his nose looked just like baby King's. doesn't mean anything but I noticed it clear as day.

The Divorce Timeline

Martin Gonzales says he has no recollection of signing documents about the divorce or the denial that King Jay was his son. Here’s what the records show:

March 18, 2018: : Jasmine Gonzales signs papers to initiate divorce proceedings. She does not immediately file the paperwork with the District Clerk’s Office.

April 11: King Jay is born.

April 16:Christopher Davila signs papers acknowledging that King Jay is his child although his lawyer now says he is not the father. The notary stamp on the document belongs to Harry D. Abelow, who died in May 2017.

April 16: While in the Bexar County Jail, Martin Gonzales supposedly signs papers denying that King Jay is his son. Abelow’s seal is on the document. Martin Gonzales’ address is listed as the prison in Beeville, not the jail.

June 5: Martin Gonzales is sentenced to four years in prison for an unrelated crime.

July 2: Jasmine Gonzales files a “Petition for Divorce” with the Bexar County District Clerk’s Office.

July 5: Martin Gonzales is transferred to the Garza West Unit in Beeville.

Aug. 9: Martin Gonzales supposedly signs a “Waiver of Service,” which allows a judge to make decisions in the the divorce without further notice to Gonzales. Abelow is the notary.

Aug. 15: The “Waiver of Service” supposedly signed by Martin Gonzales is filed with the Bexar County District Clerk’s Office.

Aug. 17: The “Denial of Paternity” supposedly signed by Martin Gonzales and the “Representation of Paternity” signed by Davila is filed with the Bexar County District Clerk’s Office.

March 20, 2019: In response to questions from a San Antonio Express-News reporter, the Bexar County Civil District Clerk administrator instructs staff attorneys to contact Martin Gonzales to inform him of his rights.

Why wasn’t the notary flaw noticed?

Several records filed in Jasmine Gonzales’ divorce were stamped by a notary, Harry D. Abelow, who had died a year prior. Dinah Gaines, administrator of the Bexar County Civil District Court, explained how that could happen. There were 8,426 divorces filed in Bexar County in 2018, or an average of 32 divorces every business day.Gaines said the county doesn’t have the resources to check the authenticity of every document filed with the District Clerk’s Office. Staff attorneys, meanwhile, do not review divorce records for errors until a divorce decree is ready to be finalized and the involved parties are set to appear before a judge. Gaines said she is aware of roughly five or six cases in 13 years when a person was unaware that his or her spouse had filed for divorce. She said staff attorneys caught the errors before the divorces were finalized. Gaines said it’s possible her office didn’t catch a few other cases. “I don’t imagine many, if any, have slipped through the cracks,” she said.

ETA: reporter notes that signature on docs does not match Martin Gonzales signature seen on earlier docs.

Child also resembled alleged murderer CD.

Could be either man. MOO

920x1240.jpg

Martin Gonzales Baby King Jay Davila

940x0.jpg

Christopher Davia

It is not clear whether Jasmine Gonzales or Davila knew that the notary stamp used on the records was being used by someone who was not a notary.

Behrens, who has not spoken to Davila about the documents, cautioned against rushing to judgment.

“If their purpose was only to have him assume responsibility for the child, it wouldn’t be good and it is illegal to use someone else’s notary, but what I’m saying is they might have been doing it for the right reason,” Behrens said. “I haven’t been able to come up with any other reason why they would want to do that.”

Behrens said the fact that Davila was willing to parent King shows that he would not purposely hurt the boy.

“There was a terrible accident and Christopher reacted very badly and poorly to it,” he said. “Why would he want to sign up to care for that child unless he wanted to be the child’s father? And if that was the case, then why would he do anything purposeful to injure the child?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giulian.57