Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a possibility that PR got names there initially. I do think he planned things and that suggests a planner rather than someone who just happens to see a woman and decides to act. We never worked out a good reason for him being in Haworth street for example.

By planning,do you mean you think he actually selected his places to burgle by who lived there rather than how easily he could enter the property ?
Did he plan whom he was going to watch and expose himself ?

Can't reply to @Lindaloo on last thread but I've rewatched the Welly Footage and now feel very sure as Libby walks past camera from left to right she first rummages in her right jacket pocket then puts a mobile to her right ear. I really don't see a hair flick. Her best friend is a couple of yards behind her. In the next sequence with the queue forming, her friend returns to a position adjacent to the queue and now she is using a mobile. Shortly Libby rejoins her with no mobile visible. I think it could be one phone between two.

I could be wrong but I don't believe Avon's key market is likely to be students. They would pick up makeup in High Street stores. Or, if they're really into makeup, order specific brands online, not generic and rather old-fashioned Avon. I don't believe it's how he'd target young student victims.

They have undergone a huge marketing transformation in latter years, make up branding aimed at a younger market, addition of on - trend fashion (skinny jeans/ lingerie/ Disney/ gym gear/ ipad accessories etc.) My nieces are in late teenage years and get a lot of jewellery, make up and even tech gadgets from their local rep. Incidentally, there’s a potential link I hadn’t thought of - their lingerie section! Definitely the sort of things I would imagine an underwear thief would go for. I don’t think we actually know the age of P’s targets though do we? Although student age a logical guess.

Can't reply to @Lindaloo on last thread but I've rewatched the Welly Footage and now feel very sure as Libby walks past camera from left to right she first rummages in her right jacket pocket then puts a mobile to her right ear. I really don't see a hair flick. Her best friend is a couple of yards behind her. In the next sequence with the queue forming, her friend returns to a position adjacent to the queue and now she is using a mobile. Shortly Libby rejoins her with no mobile visible. I think it could be one phone between two.

If it is a phone. Then it's probably her friends.

In one of the early articles it was said she didn't take her phone out with her.

They have undergone a huge marketing transformation in latter years, make up branding aimed at a younger market, addition of on - trend fashion (skinny jeans/ lingerie/ Disney/ gym gear/ ipad accessories etc.) My nieces are in late teenage years and get a lot of jewellery, make up and even tech gadgets from their local rep. Incidentally, there’s a potential link I hadn’t thought of - their lingerie section! Definitely the sort of things I would imagine an underwear thief would go for. I don’t think we actually know the age of P’s targets though do we? Although student age a logical guess.

I'm pretty sure the boxing day victims where 25. The one flashing incident with the e fit

Yes, have heard about their efforts. It is an interesting theory re the break-ins, for sure even if it may not apply to Libby. (Does Avon's rebranding stretch to "personal massagers" by the way?!)

Yes, have heard about their efforts. It is an interesting theory re the break-ins, for sure even if it may not apply to Libby. (Does Avon's rebranding stretch to "personal massagers" by the way?!)

Well, technically speaking, yes... :)

Attachments

• A3EEF8DE-51C5-4619-B177-B3AA5E915ADB.png
    A3EEF8DE-51C5-4619-B177-B3AA5E915ADB.png
    180 KB · Views: 67
My mind keeps coming back to the tools and lipgloss which were found. The police very quickly distanced the find from the search for Libby, which was good enough for me at the time, but now I'm not so sure. They were found on Feb 3rd, before the arrest and, presumably, before they had PR's DNA and prints on file. There was a large media gathering present for the find, and it was quickly reported, so the police had to say something.

I think that he has initially seen LS closer to her student accommodation and subsequently followed her along Beresford Avenue towards Beverley Road. I can't suggest any reasons why the tools and lipgloss was discarded, other than perhaps in preparation to win someone's trust. He may well have intended to go back for them (it would be totally valid to ask why they weren't just put in the glovebox or boot etc). Lipgloss could be perceived as being a fairly intimate item, but one which you could easily come across - a quick thrill. The items were discarded in the flower beds immediately to the left of this image:
Google Maps

There's a clear sight of the bench, and at least a decent view of the parking situation on Haworth. From there, it's a quick right at the junction with Cottingham Road and onto Haworth Street. That could've taken less than a minute, leaving PR in a good position to get a better read of the situation (passersby, GB etc).

The tools may also have had no relation to the lip gloss at all, but that doesn't make them irrelevant.

My mind keeps coming back to the tools and lipgloss which were found. The police very quickly distanced the find from the search for Libby, which was good enough for me at the time, but now I'm not so sure. They were found on Feb 3rd, before the arrest and, presumably, before they had PR's DNA and prints on file. There was a large media gathering present for the find, and it was quickly reported, so the police had to say something.
I suppose it's possible that someone claimed the tools, which enabled the police to rule them out. A council worker who'd mislaid them while working in the flowerbeds, perhaps.

Lipgloss ... it's the sort of thing you could use in a "Excuse me, did you drop this/is this yours?" sort of ploy, but if he discarded it I'd expect it to be on the other side of Beverley Road.

I suppose it's possible that someone claimed the tools, which enabled the police to rule them out. A council worker who'd mislaid them while working in the flowerbeds, perhaps.

Yeah, that's totally plausible. It's what was said the next day that gives me pause for thought:

A screwdriver, hammer and lip gloss were retrieved by forensic officers close to the spot where she was last seen.

But Humberside Police said they were not "connected with the inquiry into her disappearance" and the items were part of another investigation.

Another investigation - like a burglary or series of burglaries in the area? Incidents that had not yet been forensically linked to PR.

Last edited:
Just come from 'Libby's Bench'.

There's loads of volunteers taking down the flowers.

I spent 20 minutes taking it all in.

When I first saw it felt like punch in the gut by Anthony Joshua.

I was going to go look down Haworth Street, but just couldn't bring myself. It's so surreal.

I knew the blue gate was close, but jesus it really is. Take 4 or 5 steps to left of the bench and you can see it.

The other thing that got me is I saw three or four girls coming out of Haworth Street with folders and lanyard's around there necks. It could of been anyone of them.

Yeah, that's totally plausible. It's what was said the next day that gives me pause for thought:

A screwdriver, hammer and lip gloss were retrieved by forensic officers close to the spot where she was last seen.

But Humberside Police said they were not "connected with the inquiry into her disappearance" and the items were part of another investigation.

Another investigation - like a burglary or series of burglaries in the area? Incidents that had not yet been forensically linked to PR.

Possibly I'd be inclined to think that way anyway.

We know he has been charged with trespass etc... but not breaking and entering (is that right) so as far as we know up to this point he possibly hadn't needed tools.

Doesn't mean he didn't carry them though just incase.

IMO they were too quick to say they were not related, which makes me think they were.

Not necessarily to LS but to PR, as they are definite burglar tools.

Libby Squire's family 'moved by Hull's love' as banner unveiled

Libby Squire’s parents have expressed their gratitude to the people of Hull after hundreds of flowers were left by well-wishers in memory of their eldest daughter.

Since the announcement of the 21-year-old’s death just over a week ago, people have flooded to the bench in Beverley Road where she was last seen to pay their respects.

That is beautiful and brought the sting of tears while reading. Its a comfort to know that our collective efforts may have in a snall way helped ease their pain at the worst imaginable time.

Also the plastic wrapping being used for eco bricks is even better than it being removed and sent to landfill.

I cant get my head around the strength her mum has shown, in what must be the darkest of times for her, still her thoughts are for others. She seems incredible and shows its little wonder Libby was so highly thought of by those who knew her.

@Skigh
I think if you're going to publicly masturbate you'd want to know the appropriate audience was on its way. Wouldn't really want to be caught by s few 6 foot rugby players.

For his type of burglary I'd guess you'd want to know there were young women there and how to get in. I'm not sure which would come first.

Personally I think he watches and plans.

Libby Squire's family 'moved by Hull's love' as banner unveiled

Libby Squire’s parents have expressed their gratitude to the people of Hull after hundreds of flowers were left by well-wishers in memory of their eldest daughter.

Since the announcement of the 21-year-old’s death just over a week ago, people have flooded to the bench in Beverley Road where she was last seen to pay their respects.
That is truly humbling to read, her family, the local community and the local church. What a well thought out and remarkable way to create a memorial.

That is beautiful and brought the sting of tears while reading. Its a comfort to know that our collective efforts may have in a snall way helped ease their pain at the worst imaginable time.

Also the plastic wrapping being used for eco bricks is even better than it being removed and sent to landfill.

I cant get my head around the strength her mum has shown, in what must be the darkest of times for her, still her thoughts are for others. She seems incredible and shows its little wonder Libby was so highly thought of by those who knew her.
I'm in awe of the families class, dignity and strength..

I think that he has initially seen LS closer to her student accommodation and subsequently followed her along Beresford Avenue towards Beverley Road. I can't suggest any reasons why the tools and lipgloss was discarded, other than perhaps in preparation to win someone's trust. He may well have intended to go back for them (it would be totally valid to ask why they weren't just put in the glovebox or boot etc). Lipgloss could be perceived as being a fairly intimate item, but one which you could easily come across - a quick thrill. The items were discarded in the flower beds immediately to the left of this image:
Google Maps

There's a clear sight of the bench, and at least a decent view of the parking situation on Haworth. From there, it's a quick right at the junction with Cottingham Road and onto Haworth Street. That could've taken less than a minute, leaving PR in a good position to get a better read of the situation (passersby, GB etc).

The tools may also have had no relation to the lip gloss at all, but that doesn't make them irrelevant.

I remember thinking at the time that the police’s dismissal of the items as being related to Libby’s disappearance and instead linking them to another investigation was uncannily quick. If they were his, I wonder whether impressions of his fingerprints or DNA were matched to any on record obtained by SOCO? We assumed any matches showed up when samples were taken upon arrest, but police may have known before then if the tools are his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa