NV NV - Steven Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #22

Hey everyone I’m new. I’m just wondering what ever happened to Steven like was he met with foul play and if so why?

Unfortunately, we do not know what happened to Steven. We have no evidence either way; but he has not been found. We all have theories and opinions though. Once you are up to speed, we would love to hear your opinion.

I agree with you. The phone was likely discarded off at that location or left behind. The area hopefully was thoroughly searched in an effort to locate that phone! There are a lot of storage facilities there it seems like.

Does anybody know whether this missing person case is still actively worked on? It might just need a new set of eyes. It sounds like Henderson PD has their hands full with a record 17 homicides in 2018
Henderson police update city’s homicide total for 2018

Police chief was just placed on leave
Henderson police update city’s homicide total for 2018

And 3 homicides already this year..

I’m sure I remember reading that they did do a search but I can’t remember how long after Steven went missing that was, in the area of the phone ping . Yeh I remember a few people posting about the storage facilities too and also the dodgy apartments in Whitney Ranch. That phone could be anywhere.
Not sure , sounds like they are busy with all those homicides. I feel like they need a detective who solely concentrates on missing cases . I feel like they definitely need fresh eyes, they should re interview people like Stevens boss, LL, GW and the other ward members who were the elders in the church Steven was attending. I just feel like Steven must have confided with one of his ward members or someone about his situation . I used to go to church and if I was going through anything I would always talk with one of the pastors in my church, it was quite helpful. I just can’t believe that Steven didn’t confide to someone about his money/job problems. We know one of the elders was going to help him with job in the new year buts that seems to be it. I think they all need to be talked to again.
In Brianna Maitlands case the private investigators re interviewed people and got a new lead recently and she’s been missing about 12 years or so I think , but its amazing after a lot of time has passed that people may want to speak up . So it’s worth it. I know Stevens case had a private investigator but I haven’t heard anything new in a long time.

The description of the closed door pharmacy describes that employees would look through a binder to see which patients of rest homes or at-risk youth centers, hospice, care facility, group homes... would be running low on their prescriptions soon and then travel there to provide more.
In my opinion...If those rest homes or youth centers discard unused or expired prescriptions with the delivery person instead of through the proper channel it would enable criminal activity.

I feel that it is a possibility he was either picking up unused prescriptions or delivering them illegally in exchange for money.
The prescription business was located in Layton, Utah according to the report posted earlier in this thread.

Here is the source for the timeline I'm looking at from member @laytonian timeline2009 - laytonian If there is something more up to date..let me know.

We know he stopped in Springville on his travel days before his disappearance. He either had a stop in Springville or he just left I-15 south to gas up on his way back to St. George. It's only an 18 minute drive on I15 to Orem from Springville. LL lived in Orem. Would there be a possibility that he drove to Orem that day (to talk about the rent or maybe pay a little amount or help any other ways to work for his rent?) We have discussed his travels a lot and everybody wondering why he would drive up to Springville and back...Orem seems to be the most likely connection for me.

Now the trip to Ruby Valley..There was some confusion on the part of the girls family on which day he visited but it seems that it must have been December 9th (instead of December 8th as first reported). If this is true then we know he stopped for gas in Salt Lake City and West Wendover before stopping in Ruby Valley. Which means he didn't go the shortest distance from St. George directly to Ruby Valley. This to me means..this wasn't his main destination at all. He didn't tell the girl that he would stop by which leads me to believe that he made that decision to stop there while he was already up in the area. If he had a stop in West Wendover anyway it would make sense that he thought..since I'm already here and it's lunch time..why not stop by an old friend before heading back home. It's about 2 hours from West Wendover to Ruby Valley it seems. This means that after he got gas in West Wendover he drove straight to Ruby Valley (10ish am - 12ish noon arrival) Still a drive..but much less of a drive than coming from St. George (6 hours) just for the purpose of this single visit.
Why the stop in Salt Lake and then West Wendover? Did he have a stop right there or the surrounding area?
If West Wendover (or Ruby Valley for that matter) would have been his main destination he would have taken the 93 highway instead of going around through Salt Lake. Between his gas stop in Salt Lake and his gas stop in Wendover he has approximately 1 hour extra apart from driving time. He didn't drive straight from the gas station to the West Wendover gas stop.

View attachment 176668

I marked Layton and Orem on the map. The blue line shows his assumed travel path created with the information available according to receipts and phone info according to Laytonians timeline linked above.

I think it’s so hard because even though we have the receipts to confirm some stops that Steven made and the visit to the ex’s parents house in ruby Valley, Steven could have made various other stops on the way to Ruby Valley. One thought I had because of the Salt Lake stop was maybe his intention could have been to visit with his parents, they weren’t too far , maybe he was going to talk to his parents about his situation but changed his mind and decided to seek out the ex girlfriend to get advice or something. Maybe he wanted to talk to someone about his problems and thought she might be helpful with advice because he got nervous or just didn’t know if he could get the courage to talk to his parents and accept their help so he decided to go see her instead but she wasn’t home.

It seems like it must have been something shady. If it wasn't, it seems like someone in the Sun Anthem neighborhood would have come forward to say that Steven was expected for some legitimate reason, or that they knew him, or something.

The other explanation was that he wasn't expected and didn't know anyone there. But if that is the case, why would he be there?

It's very strange. Even if he was delivering pills or drugs or something, why would he have disappeared? It seems like a drug transaction would be straightforward, and he would have been on his way. But maybe I'm being naïve. Maybe the recipient didn't want to pay, or something else went wrong.

It seems like it must have been something shady. If it wasn't, it seems like someone in the Sun Anthem neighborhood would have come forward to say that Steven was expected for some legitimate reason, or that they knew him, or something.

The other explanation was that he wasn't expected and didn't know anyone there. But if that is the case, why would he be there?

It's very strange. Even if he was delivering pills or drugs or something, why would he have disappeared? It seems like a drug transaction would be straightforward, and he would have been on his way. But maybe I'm being naïve. Maybe the recipient didn't want to pay, or something else went wrong.
If it wasn't a delivery, he could have had cash for a pickup which gives more incentive for something bad to have happened. Just speculation because we haven't seen any evidence this was going on.

I will say that I don't think it was suicide or him running off to start a new life. I do think he met with foul play, but how, why, what, I have no idea.

I agree. Foul play makes the most sense to me. Someone out there knows what really happened to him and I hope one day they come forward.

I don't think anyone has come up with anything from 10:00 on Saturday night to when his car was found on the video surveillance. I could be wrong..

Here is a synopsis someone put together of the timeline of his last few weeks.

The Disappearance of Steven Koecher

or this one:

Steven Koecher Detailed Timeline

I think that's right. The first link includes phone pings. He was in Las Vegas on the morning of the 13th for at least few hours before parking his car at Sun Anthem and disappearing, as he told the two church members who called him. But we don't know what he was doing during those hours, or any time after arriving home the previous night at around 10:00.

Looking at the way the car drives by and the way that he walks with purpose makes me feel that he was there at least once before. Possibly on the trip the day before when he stopped in Overton Nevada and Mesquite Nevada. Overton is way out from the I15, enough so that it wasn't just a gas stop. I wonder whether the phone pings for the day before give any hints whether he could have been in Vegas as well? Also the surveillance camera should have been checked for the days leading up to it at least. It could be that this was the end of some sort of transaction and he was going there to deliver cash or get paid. If this was my first time ever in that neighborhood parking I feel like it would have been all somewhat slower and less determined (the walking..the parking)

The LL stayed at least overnight at his rental in St. George according to LL wife and this timeline here the day when he went missing.
timeline2009 - laytonian

I wish the family would join us here again. The case is cold as ice right now, it's been a long long time....it would help if they keep the conversation going and maybe get some more media attention to hopefully get someone to speak up. They could assist us with more info about his phone records maybe. @Naegle or his brother Dellin..if you are reading this..please consider speaking up again.

I personally think it was the prescription drug theory since that LL is very shady and has a criminal past. Also, it seems like Steven and his LL talked frequently which is odd to me. Just my thoughts on this case!

Exactly, it was LL’s wife who posted here saying that Steven and LL had worked out a deal on the rent so why LL kept calling and calling Steven , I just don’t know , it seems super shady but on the other hand maybe he was worried because the other renter already left without paying the rent so maybe he wasn’t so sure Steven would come through with the rent money. But yes they seem to have a lot of contact.

Exactly but with drug transaction I wondered if it was a set up , like to get Steven out of the house and away from st George and for something to happen to Steven . We know Steven owed money , money is a motive, people who owe money unfortunately can be done away with.

Last edited:
Do you guys think Steven is still alive? He’s been gone for almost a decade so it’s hard to say.

I feel like I go between yes and no but mostly no. I feel like it was foul play, not suicide or running away. If he was alive I think he may have been injured on purpose or accidently and maybe have a head injury . Who knows where he would be homeless on the streets confused.

And foul play , for obvious reasons, he’s been gone for a nearly 10 years , from every thing we’ve heard Steven loved his family and friends and I really don’t think that he would knowingly stay gone for this long. Also even though there’s been a lot of sightings none of them have been confirmed.

Also just because we know the LL involved in the prescription pill business doesn’t mean Steven was definitely involved although it’s a theory , Steven could have fallen prey to a Craigslist ad for a job or through someone he just met or even maybe a friend recommended him for a job and something happened. He could have been in Henderson for any number of reasons that could have involved someone he did or didn’t know for a job or a completely different reason.
Same for the long drive he took, could have been delivering pills or he could of wanted to see his ex for advice or to go see his parents or for completely different reasons.

Again we really just don’t know but I feel foul play is involved here.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back