Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #44

Are sex offenders not segregated in the US, then? (They are where I live.) If they are, then not being formally classified as one, when most of his new 'friends' will assume he was is surely the worst case scenario for him?

I have seen inmates moved out of the state they were convicted in due to danger from others. I could give a fairly well known example in Wisconsin.

Another example would be Jeffrey Dahmer, notorious serial killer and pedophile. He spent the first year in isolation due to the thought he would be in danger. After a year they thought they could integrate him. He was then murdered by another inmate.

Unless the law has changed, and I have no idea, I would say it varies depending on the case.

I took your comment to mean you are talking about when they are "in prison". When SOs are released, at least in Wisconsin, the community is notified and they are to always report their addresses to LE. It does not always work... If you were asking about community placement.

JP I doubt will ever see the light of day. I also do not think he necessarily will be segregated. That is a total guess on my part though... We will not know until sentencing where he is sent. I will say most of Wisconsin's max security prisons nor supermax are not anywhere near northwest Wisconsin and are at least a few hours away. If I recall correctly.

jmo.

Interesting from this article, his parents divorced when he was just about 11 years old in 2008 and Mom moved away, the article does say that brother, sister and dad moved away in "ensuing years" but Dad continued to visit him regularly. I do not at all, not at all, blame parents. But...I do wonder how much he anguished or suffered over his parents divorce and Mom moving away...11 years old is a vulnerable age IMO. I have to wonder how much was overlooked or how much Jake was overlooked, unintentionally, with regard to how he was coping with the divorce and break up of the family and have to question to what degree he was left to his "own devices" because perhaps what ever that answer or reason may be explains Dad's extreme grief over his son's crime. I do not get it (what he did) but I do not feel any sympathy toward Jake and his, probably, life sentence. I just always question how someone so seemingly "somewhat normal" goes from being a "somewhat normal" teen/young adult to a full blown murderer and in such a callous way.

RS&BBM:

I speculated about some of this a while ago:

I could come at the information we have so farabout the family from a slightly different angle, but it’s PURE SPECULATION on my part:

Perhaps family were concentrated on/or tearing their hair out over dealing with the older child (young adult) who DID have multiple & repetitive criminal convictions to a point where the quiet, loner, polite (insert various descriptives we’ve heard so far) youngest sibling was under the radar. Simply because he wasn’t causing trouble at the time. Or was better at hiding it.

Again, this is pure speculation.

I have seen inmates moved out of the state they were convicted in due to danger from others. I could give a fairly well known example in Wisconsin.

Another example would be Jeffrey Dahmer, notorious serial killer and pedophile. He spent the first year in isolation due to the thought he would be in danger. After a year they thought they could integrate him. He was then murdered by another inmate.

Unless the law has changed, and I have no idea, I would say it varies depending on the case.

I took your comment to mean you are talking about when they are "in prison". When SOs are released, at least in Wisconsin, the community is notified and they are to always report their addresses to LE. It does not always work... If you were asking about community placement.

JP I doubt will ever see the light of day. I also do not think he necessarily will be segregated. That is a total guess on my part though... We will not know until sentencing where he is sent. I will say most of Wisconsin's max security prisons nor supermax are not anywhere near northwest Wisconsin and are at least a few hours away. If I recall correctly.

jmo.
Correct, I meant segregated within prison. thanks for all the info.

I feel so terrible for Jayme Closs. The pain of losing both parents and in that manner, and being kidnapped for 88 days. Just sickening. May she get the healing she needs.
Hope the man is jailed for life!!!

Yup. Hopefully, him pleading guilty and going away, never to be heard from again, will signal the beginning of a new start for Jayme.

I feel so terrible for Jayme Closs. The pain of losing both parents and in that manner, and being kidnapped for 88 days. Just sickening. May she get the healing she needs.
Hope the man is jailed for life!!!

He will be. Natural death or killed by fellow prisoners is to be determined.

It would be hard to have to spend my days not only regretting things that landed you in prison and, knowing everyday was going to be the same until the day you die, and this might be your last day on this earth You could be viciously attacked and murdered at any minute from the time you wake up each morning. Would the last thought you had be I made it another day wonder what morning will bring.

I hope he is sent oot of state. He does not deserve to be able to have his family visiting him
If his parents didn't feel the need to visit him (read, raise him!) from age 11 (post divorce) on a regular basis, I seriously doubt any family will visit him in a far away prison. The father may hang in there with him until he's sentenced in May, and then wash his hands of him. After all, the family knows now he can't do anymore damage to anyone.

Unfortunately I know more about what goes on in prisons than I'd like to. And based off that I can tell you his life will definitely be in danger bc of the type of crime he committed. I'd never celebrate someone being hurt, however I think the 'justice' will be his fear. It won't compare to the terror of a child who saw their parents get killed and then is kidnapped by a masked stranger. Almost nothing is worse than that. The only thing he can and should do now is to try to communicate to his family about WHY he did this. He owes it to society to give us a clue so we can all know better what to do to stop monsters like him.

I hope he is sent oot of state. He does not deserve to be able to have his family visiting him

I think it is very likely it will be a pretty long trip even if in Wisconsin. With dad in Superior anyhow, totally northern Wisconsin and most max prisons are not in northern Wisconsin nor even northwest Wisconsin (where Barron is, Haugen is and Barron County is), the ones I can think of anyhow. Most are at least central or farther south. It will not be a day trip and if it is it will be a long day and round trip.

I think it is very likely it will be a pretty long trip even if in Wisconsin. With dad in Superior anyhow, totally northern Wisconsin and most max prisons are not in northern Wisconsin nor even northwest Wisconsin (where Barron is, Haugen is and Barron County is), the ones I can think of anyhow. Most are at least central or farther south. It will not be a day trip and if it is it will be a long day and round trip.

But it can be done.

Going to another state would be far more difficult.

I don't really think fear will be his punishment - he's been in fear since he was a kid and it motivated him to commit crime to ease it. I don't think he will ever say why he did it with any clarity. He was treated poorly as a child, and has since grown into someone that only understands his own needs. IMO he did it because he was sad and lonely and thought it was the only way to get himself a companion. He doesn't deserve sympathy and we don't ever need to fully understand him, but as a human being he does deserve our forgiveness. No one is born with evil intentions, they are inspired by greed, hate or fear IMO. I am personally sorry that humanity, with all its advances and spiritual proclivities, an still not deal with these people or have better preventive measures in place, that all we can do is throw them into prison or murder them. This case will only really be solved the day Jaime frees her heart of the weight, forgives JP, and he has decided to spend his years in solitude doing as much good as he can. Honestly prison will probably feel really good to a guy that has been isolated and thrown aside by everyone else.

As an aside, we have never been told JP molested or raped J. I don't like what we know he did do, but there is a level of human respect I personally expect to be maintained on WS and it always goes to hell after a conviction. Seriously, please put away the pitchforks and focus on J. We should be organizing a scholarship for her or something, not discussing how JP will get murdered in prison.

But it can be done.

Going to another state would be far more difficult.

True, and since she cannot see her parents ever again, thanks to him(!!), I care less if he can see his.

I find it doubtful they will send him out of state unless something occurs that makes it necessary.

The one that I can think of who was moved for safety was a very unique case itself. He was not moved until after being in a Wisconsin prison first and there being safety issues that resulted. Chris Watts was transferred from a Colorado prison to Wisconsin after concerns for his safety resulted. If it happens I almost think it would be after first being put in a prison here? I thought the prison choice might be part of the deal but if it was, it was not mentioned in the recent hearing but I guess still could come up at sentencing but I have no idea. Maybe someone else can weigh in or knows the answer to that.

There are also prisons out of state that would be actually be closer than southern Wisconsin for his parents. Stillwater, MN comes to mind.

I agree with you 100 percent though, he deserves no consideration whatsoever.

This post lands totally at random.

For those who may not know, Websleuths does not condone or promote violence of any kind toward anyone; this includes prison rape. Please keep those kinds of comments off the thread.

Also, Websleuths has a wide age range within its membership and readership (from minors to seniors). Profanity is not allowed so please do not circumvent profanity filters by using asterisks or acronyms.

Thank you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back