CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #51 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe we've been down this road.

What parent cannot relate to what was previously recounted by KB.

A toddler with an alleged bump does not always constitute actionable "child abuse."

A toddler allegedly touching a curling iron (hand burn) does not always constitute actionable "child abuse."

It can look good on paper for the defendant, until it's explained by investigator.

It's like a page out of Kramer vs Kramer (Billy falls on play ground).

MOO
I’ll bet this coward filed the report anonymously, and lied his *advertiser censored* off during the investigation.

The lack of action on the part of authorities, seems to indicate that this was unfounded.

This failed, and he went with plan B.

But surely there would be considerable DNA amongst the burnt plastic then?
Depends on the type of DNA. Inside a tooth? yes. Touch DNA? No. DNA is a protein, it's denatured by high levels of heat. They'll be able to extract things from inside bone, like inside a tooth, but on burnt plastic, highly unlikely.

I’ll bet this coward filed the report anonymously, and lied his *advertiser censored* off during the investigation.

The lack of action on the part of authorities, seems to indicate that this was unfounded.

If he made an accusation, it was probably during the time he decided to get custody of the baby. I'll wager those custody papers they found at PF's home were for full custody, not joint.

or perhaps this was laying the groundwork on his part - she ran away because of the investigation ? Although we now know what a bad planner he was but it does not surprise me that he would do this - abuse accusations in custody/divorce seem to be part of the fight IMO.

If he made an accusation, it was probably during the time he decided to get custody of the baby. I'll wager those custody papers they found at PF's home were for full custody, not joint.
Maybe, when KB was in rehab for depression in Aug., PF and SF noticed, how easy the care of little K would be, if KB weren't around in the future too: no difficult arrangements (re time and how to care) and no driving back and forth, no Pueblo-schedule to follow, but only the PF-ranchette-ferrier-schedule. They both SF/PF would have liked it to be totally independent of KB. MOO
I'm curious as to when this contact to the social service took place. During KB's rehab?

Exactly. It is an interpretation of this document.

It goes to motive, and appears to involve statements by PF, “the defendant.”

Kelsey didn’t lose custody, so it appears that no action was taken.

I believe the accusations to be false.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/002/P-9 People's Notice of Department of Human Services Records in the District Attorney's Possession and Motion for Disclosure and Protective Order.pdf

wasn't there some unverified statement by PF (or hearsay? ) that the baby was burned by a curling iron? It made me wonder if the baby had some minor "normal" small burn or injury that a toddler could get just learning to walk and being curious and PF took that (if indeed it occurred) as grounds to complain about KB. I know that there are sleuthers on here who work in pediatrics and toddlers get scrapes and bumps and grab things pretty regularly, but there are other injuries that medical professionals deem as suspicious because they are not consistent with normal activity by toddlers. Does anyone else remember this?

[OK- from KK... hearsay as per Sam Kraemer on Twitter:
Sam Kraemer on Twitter]

Last edited:
wasn't there some unverified statement by PF (or hearsay by CC?) that the baby was burned by a curling iron? It made me wonder if the baby had some minor "normal" small burn or injury that a toddler could get just learning to walk and being curious and PF took that (if indeed it occurred) as grounds to complain about KB. I know that there are sleuthers on here who work in pediatrics and toddlers get scrapes and bumps and grab things pretty regularly, but there are other injuries that medical professionals deem as suspicious because they are not consistent with normal activity by toddlers. Does anyone else remember this?
Yes there was.

It might have come from KK, via PF.

PF may have realized his window of opportunity to prove KB was abusing the baby would run out as soon as she became verbal.

This could explain his frustration that KK kept failing to go through with the murder, therefore sending him into his final rage with the bat. MOO

Wow!

Breaking:

New documents obtained by prosecutors in the Kelsey Berreth murder case could corroborate accusations by her fiancee and his lover that she harmed their young daughter.

It is unknown whether Frazee spoke with social workers about suspected abuse before Berreth disappeared. But the human services reports could support Lee’s statement about the motive – – to kill Berreth to protect their baby.

Kelsey Berreth murder case: Patrick Frazee claims Berreth abused daughter

Thanks for the link and the short summary, I am not able to open it and read it because I have met my two articles a month limit.

I think this shows the thoroughness of the prosecution - PF allegedly made these allegations to KK who then told LE. They rightly investigated and revealed them to the defense as they should. The last thing they would want is for this to be a surprise moment in the trial where they didn't investigate and have an answer and the Defense did. I think they are also false and would love to know the witnesses. JMO
bbm
At least SF and daughter, I think, because I heard, they had spread nasty comments on Fb., when KB was missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well today’s revelation firmly puts custody at the forefront.

This was the missing piece.

Without question.

Weren't we just talking about a smorgasbord earlier?
Turns out, DA May's prosecutorial feast will be served up on a silver platter by none other than PF himself.

Because by making false allegations of abuse against KB, PF has indeed directly delivered DA May with the motive: custody.

JMO.

Without question.

Weren't we just talking about a smorgasbord earlier?
Turns out, DA May's prosecutorial feast will be served up on a silver platter by none other than PF himself.

Because by making false allegations of abuse against KB, PF has indeed directly delivered DA May with the motive: custody.

JMO.
That, and everything he said would have been documented.

That includes everything that any witnesses said.

They could have countless (provable) lies, all caught on tape.

Boy, he’s really making this easy.

I think this shows the thoroughness of the prosecution - PF allegedly made these allegations to KK who then told LE. They rightly investigated and revealed them to the defense as they should. The last thing they would want is for this to be a surprise moment in the trial where they didn't investigate and have an answer and the Defense did. I think they are also false and would love to know the witnesses. JMO
SABBM

Other than PF himself... I can think of someone who'd call in a false report on his behalf.
And it's not KK.
A person who may have felt they had "rights" to this baby. Imo.

Thinking today about those searching the landfill for Kelsey.
In. The. Garbage.
The mother of his child.

Let her remains be found and able to be ID'd , soon !

Time to go sit on my hands for a bit.

Yes there was.

It might have come from KK, via PF.

I'm pretty sure the hand burn by curling iron originated with KB telling PF about it. In fact, I'm sure she was sobbing herself when it happened -- just as every new mother with toddler can attest.

PF knows there's no curling iron in his bathroom, and ran with it (also telling KK), like the lowlife he is. MOO

Custody was likely about possession, and not love.

That story about what happened when the baby was born, painted a damning picture of this guy.

Threatening nurses, throwing a temper tantrum, social services being called in.

That’s not normal.
And, IIRC, weren't there child custody papers that had not been filed yet, found at the ranch during one of the search warrants? I'm on my phone so hard to search but will do so when I get to the computer later if someone else doesn't beat me to it. I'm pretty sure I remember that.
MOO

I really, really, really, really want to know when this report was filed.
The timing of this is likely going to be very damning for PF.
As if he wasn't damned enough already.

JMO.

And, IIRC, weren't there child custody papers that had not been filed yet, found at the ranch during one of the search warrants? I'm on my phone so hard to search but will do so when I get to the computer later if someone else doesn't beat me to it. I'm pretty sure I remember that.
MOO
Correct. It listed a bunch of guardians, none of which included KB.

As ludicrous of a theroy it may sound lets see the outcome when the verdict drops. If this was Websleuths Gamberling.Com, I'd put my corn on KK being way more involved than she suggests. I'll comeback to you after The Defence is heard & rests its case. No body? The prosocution DID gamble already by cutting a deal with KK! For KB's sake i really hope you guys are right.

I'm pretty sure the hand burn by curling iron originated with KB telling PF about it. In fact, I'm sure she was sobbing herself when it happened -- just as every new mother with toddler can attest.

PF knows there's no curling iron in his bathroom, and ran with it (also telling KK), like the lowlife he is. MOO

I can absolutely see a child try to imitate "Mommy" curling her hair and doing this, because little girls esp., try to imitate "Mommy." (speculation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288