Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time I’ve smiled since we heard the news. Beautiful sight. Lovely the flowers are being made into pot pourri - locals can even help make it at the church this weekend. You Yorkshire men (& woman) should be so proud of the way the rest of us see that you’ve taken Libby in to your hearts as one of your own.

I freely admit I have lost track of this thread. I feel as though I need an incident room here to keep track of it all, and there's only me and the cat! Anyway. To relieve the tedium of doing my accounts, today I decided to spend a little time trying to research the depth of the River Hull at various points along its course (without much success) and found this bloke's blog: [edit - the "bloke" is actually a woman. My bad. Should have gone to Specsavers.]

Wild at Hull: Up the River Hull. 2. Air Street to Sutton Bridge

This particular section of his walks ends round about Oak Road Playing Fields and there are some interesting photos of the River Bank. Personally, I wouldn't go anywhere near the edge of that bank at night carrying a heavy weight in snowy weather, but then...

Also have a look at the first section (The Deep to Air Street) which shows quite clearly the extent of the silting and how small the channel is at low tide.

Last edited:
I see her put her hair behind her ear. My child has a similar hairstyle and and does similar all the time. I do see her rummaging in her pocket tho.

Hi NT, Re Welly CCTV footage. So I need to persevere and try to win you over. Using the Youtube link above, we first get the elevated view like the one I've seen elsewhere showing the rummage in the jacket pocket and I claim the raising of a phone to her right ear just before leaving the picture. We then get the benefit of a view from a lower position pointing 90% at frozen ground however Libby strides into view and rummages in her pocket, clearly taking out that mobile and looking at it quickly before she proceeds to raise it. Please say I'm right!

Hi NT, Re Welly CCTV footage. So I need to persevere and try to win you over. Using the Youtube link above, we first get the elevated view like the one I've seen elsewhere showing the rummage in the jacket pocket and I claim the raising of a phone to her right ear just before leaving the picture. We then get the benefit of a view from a lower position pointing 90% at frozen ground however Libby strides into view and rummages in her pocket, clearly taking out that mobile and looking at it quickly before she proceeds to raise it. Please say I'm right!

I've watched this dozens of times and if I didn't know that it had been reported she left her phone at home id agree with you.

But it's pretty well known she didn't have her phone so I'm not sure.

Maybe she was using someone else's? Or maybe she is getting her student card or something else out of her pocket?

I do agree though she does act like you would with a phone. And I'm still not convinced the passenger on Spider cam isn't holding a phone when the car drives off (there's a definite light) but I've put it down to a reflection.

I've watched this dozens of times and if I didn't know that it had been reported she left her phone at home id agree with you.

Maybe she was using someone else's? Or maybe she is getting her student card or something else out of her pocket?

I do agree though she does act like you would with a phone. And I'm still not convinced the passenger on Spider cam isn't holding a phone when the car drives off (there's a definite light) but I've put it down to a reflection.

Hi Joolz, me too. We've already said that it would be her best friend's phone. For context see NT's post #58 above which quoted my original post.

I'm with you on this.
It would look like a phone if you didn't know she didn't have hers.
I've no reason to think this is a lie or that she's have a burner.
So I'm thinking more likely ID or money or both.

Would snow melt affect the depth of the river?
I read that there are places on the river that offer free fishing so if PR was really a fisherman (many Poles do enjoy fishing) he would be familiar with the river and tides.
He would know about the steps down to the river.I think they were of interest to the forensic team.

I am slighty surprised that no new charges have been bought against PR yet in relation to Libby’s death or that he has not been arrested again in relation to it for questioning

I am guessing the cause of death at the moment is inconclusive and murder is not certain at this stage

I am slighty surprised that no new charges have been bought against PR yet in relation to Libby’s death or that he has not been arrested again in relation to it for questioning
I am guessing the cause of death at the moment is inconclusive and murder is not certain at this
stage

I would think they would wait until more post mortem test results were returned.
I would think PR is pretty unsettled wondering what evidence they have found so they are letting him stew as long as possible.

I would think they would wait until more post mortem test results were returned.
I would think PR is pretty unsettled wondering what evidence they have found so they are letting him stew as long as possible.

Would they only be able to question him on a new charge and not abduction?

I hadn't noticed that before, but I do believe you may be right about it looking like she has reached for a phone. Curious. I also thought the passenger in PR's car was holding a phone because of the light, but again, could be a reflection.

Would they only be able to question him on a new charge and not abduction?
No it can be same as long as they have new evidence to question him again...I’m guessing now they have found her then they will have new evidence. They could be waiting for further medical tests, or they could have already paid him a visit and questioned him - we do not know. Maybe they’re letting him stew.....as Skigh said

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only source we heard about her phone was still in her room at her house, was from Shrugger. I thought it odd at the time he would mention a specific like this, I thought it would be strange the Police would mention this to her friends? Thoughts please.

Just returned from visiting a friend on Beresford. There's a For Sale sign outside of 32 Wellesley.

The landlord obviously doesn't want to be paying for an empty house... Talk about putting profits before people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen