CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #51 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her mentioning pecans for the sweet potato casserole makes me assume that they were going to take the sweet potato casserole somewhere else. Where did that sweet potato casserole end up! I really want to know the questions and answers that were asked of the immediate family that was there. Her mother and her brother.
I don't think she ever got the chance to make it. She sent that text shortly before she was murdered. Imo

IF PF hadn't tried to build his alibi (by pretending Kelsey had irresponsibly 'run off') from the beginning.
IF PF hadn't attempted to make it look like Kelsey had contacted him about breaking up (texts that he himself made from her phone to his --conveniently located in the same area).
IF PF hadn't solicited someone else (first and foremost his rodeo 'princess', KK) to kill Kelsey.
IF PF hadn't contacted KK to "clean up the mess" he'd left after murdering Kelsey.

Then LE wouldn't have as much evidence to go on ; evidence that points to PF.
There's more I could add, but this post is lengthy enough.
And they have more evidence that we're not privvy to -- I'm certain.
They have the pieces and are fitting them together.

And unless they're complete fools (which I doubt), they wouldn't have given KK the deal she received.

I think the courts have enough to nail PF's creepy hide to the wall.

And while this coward spends the rest of his days in a cage, he can think about the daughter that he'll most likely never see because of his evil deeds.

IF PF hadn't tried to build his alibi (by pretending Kelsey had irresponsibly 'run off') from the beginning.
IF PF hadn't attempted to make it look like Kelsey had contacted him about breaking up (texts that he himself made from her phone to his --conveniently located in the same area).
IF PF hadn't solicited someone else (first and foremost his rodeo 'princess', KK) to kill Kelsey.
IF PF hadn't contacted KK to "clean up the mess" he'd left after murdering Kelsey.

Then LE wouldn't have as much evidence to go on ; evidence that points to PF.
There's more I could add, but this post is lengthy enough.
And they have more evidence that we're not privvy to -- I'm certain.
They have the pieces and are fitting them together.

And unless they're complete fools (which I doubt), they wouldn't have given KK the deal she received.

I think the courts have enough to nail PF's creepy hide to the wall.

And while this coward spends the rest of his days in a cage, he can think about the daughter that he'll most likely never see because of his evil deeds.
Couldn’t possible agree more.

His effort to sell a specific scenario, and the fact that he included KK, was devastating to his success.

He could have potentially gotten away with this, had he kept it simple.

He overthought this, and that’s never a good thing when you’re talking about PF.

Thank God.

So he spent 11 months spreading vicious lies about the mother of his child, including telling people they had broken up, and let's remember he continued that rhetoric even after KB went missing. But somehow, in the middle of all this, he changed his mind and patched things up? That's not something that makes any sense, even without a body.
If so then whats with KK's allegations to the investagtors re the scented candles & the baseball bat? And why would PF who spent all these months planing KB's murder hand her back her firarm on the same day he's intending to murder her? If KB was in total fear of PF would she really allow him to blindfold her while she smelled the candles as per KK's commments? It sounds like an intimate action and one that might motivate a jelious third wheel into firing off one of M's bullets not found in her firearm? The police found zero blood in KB's home, no trace of blood spatter when they first attended the crime scene. The only blood found was in the bathroom by KB's family & may well be not conectted to the crime. The murder in KK's own verion of PF's horrific act did not take place in the bathroom..Did it happen in KB's house at all? Circumstantial evidence of someone talking *advertiser censored* about thier partner during a break up does not mean you kill them. If that was true a whole lot of men & women would be in the jailhouse.

Last edited:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

... people who commit first degree murder have already messed up royally so exhibit some dysfunctional thought process - unless they're a professional who would be expected to cover their bases. It's easy for us to say that such and such was a stupid move that screwed up a hypothetical "perfect murder" because we aren't murderers, are (hopefully) a lot more clear headed and rational and we have the benefit of Monday morning quarterbacking the crime. For lack of a more accurate phrase, I'd say it's fair to say anyone who committed a crime like this "wasn't in their right mind" and further screw ups, beyond the actual murder, don't seem all that far out to me. We're talking about deranged minds, here, under a lot of stress.

Last edited by a moderator:
If so then whats with KK's allegations to the investagtors re the scented candles & the baseball bat? And why would PF who spent all these months planing KB's murder hand her back her firarm on the same day he's intending to murder her? If KB was in total fear of PF would she really allow him to blindfold her while she smelled the candles as per KK's commments? It sounds like an intimate action and one that might motivate a jelious third wheel into firing off one of M's bullets not found in her firearm? The police found zero blood in KB's home, no trace of blood spatter when they attended the crime scene. The only blood found was in the bathroom by KB's family & may well be not conectted to the crime. The murder in KK's own verion of PF's horrific act did not take place in the bathroom..Did it happen in KB's house at all? Circumstantial evidence of someone talking **** about thier partner during a break up does not mean you kill them. If that was true a whole lot of men & women would be in the jailhouse.
Kelsey was out helping PF with his animals and with his stomach issues, until the early hours of Thanksgiving morning.

I think it’s apparent that she cared for him, and trusted him.

That’s the only way the blindfold candle story could make any sense. It does with that context.

As to the blood, it was found in numerous locations in that bathroom, to include the ceiling. It came back as being Kelsey’s blood.

Blood was also found in the locations that KK pointed out, and underneath the floorboards.

We are awaiting the results of lab testing, and the specific locations where it was found.

If so then whats with KK's allegations to the investagtors re the scented candles & the baseball bat? And why would PF who spent all these months planing KB's murder hand her back her firarm on the same day he's intending to murder her? If KB was in total fear of PF would she really allow him to blindfold her while she smelled the candles as per KK's commments? It sounds like an intimate action and one that might motivate a jelious third wheel into firing off one of M's bullets not found in her firearm? The police found zero blood in KB's home, no trace of blood spatter when they attended the crime scene. The only blood found was in the bathroom by KB's family & may well be not conectted to the crime. The murder in KK's own verion of PF's horrific act did not take place in the bathroom..Did it happen in KB's house at all? Circumstantial evidence of someone talking **** about thier partner during a break up does not mean you kill them. If that was true a whole lot of men & women would be in the jailhouse.
Investigators tore up the wood floor in the living room and found blood all over the room.

I think you need to read more about the case. When they took KB's home apart was when they realized KB was deceased, so yes they were able to ascertain that a home steeped in blood was evidence of a murder.
That KB didn't know PF was telling people they had broken up and trusted him to put a blindfold on her doesn't point to her culpability in the murder any more than it points to KK committing the murder. You stated in your theory PF had denigrated KB, told people they had split up nearly a year prior, however none of that was true, which is why KB trusted her fiance. Then you theorize he changed his mind, decided to leave his mistress and she somehow killed a woman in another state. Meanwhile, back on the ranch, PF broke up with KB for real this time, took her child and showed no concern when she disappeared, meanwhile lying to his friends by telling them that KB often abandoned her child and she'd likely show up at some rehab center in 28 days...again.
Phone records aren't circumstantial. Witness statements aren't circumstantial. A custody filing on a piece of paper isn't circumstantial. Video evidence is not circumstantial. And a blood soaked home isn't circumstantial.

If so then whats with KK's allegations to the investagtors re the scented candles & the baseball bat? And why would PF who spent all these months planing KB's murder hand her back her firarm on the same day he's intending to murder her? If KB was in total fear of PF would she really allow him to blindfold her while she smelled the candles as per KK's commments? It sounds like an intimate action and one that might motivate a jelious third wheel into firing off one of M's bullets not found in her firearm? The police found zero blood in KB's home, no trace of blood spatter when they first attended the crime scene. The only blood found was in the bathroom by KB's family & may well be not conectted to the crime. The murder in KK's own verion of PF's horrific act did not take place in the bathroom..Did it happen in KB's house at all? Circumstantial evidence of someone talking **** about thier partner during a break up does not mean you kill them. If that was true a whole lot of men & women would be in the jailhouse.
I thought there was also blood under floor boards in living room, near or on the mantel, and on light switches.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

... people who commit first degree murder have already messed up royally so exhibit some dysfunctional thought process - unless they're a professional who would be expected to cover their bases. It's easy for us to say that such and such was a stupid move that screwed up a hypothetical "perfect murder" because we aren't murderers, are (hopefully) a lot more clear headed and rational and we have the benefit of Monday morning quarterbacking the crime. For lack of a more accurate phrase, I'd say it's fair to say anyone who committed a crime like this "wasn't in their right mind" and further screw ups, beyond the actual murder, don't seem all that far out to me. We're talking about deranged minds, here, under a lot of stress.
Exactly. When I found out KK was a nurse and had been asked to put ambien in a cup of coffee to murder someone I shook my head. Ambien? I could see PF coming up with that kind of stupid nonsense, but a medical professional would go fentanyl. Something fast, something that takes seconds to work and something that can be explained away. Ambien would be stupid, it would be found and would have to be in such a high dose that it wouldn't make any sense, additionally it would take hours.
But as you say, people who murder people they know and are in relationship with are more than a bit odd.

If so then whats with KK's allegations to the investagtors re the scented candles & the baseball bat? And why would PF who spent all these months planing KB's murder hand her back her firarm on the same day he's intending to murder her? If KB was in total fear of PF would she really allow him to blindfold her while she smelled the candles as per KK's commments? It sounds like an intimate action and one that might motivate a jelious third wheel into firing off one of M's bullets not found in her firearm? The police found zero blood in KB's home, no trace of blood spatter when they first attended the crime scene. The only blood found was in the bathroom by KB's family & may well be not conectted to the crime. The murder in KK's own verion of PF's horrific act did not take place in the bathroom..Did it happen in KB's house at all? Circumstantial evidence of someone talking **** about thier partner during a break up does not mean you kill them. If that was true a whole lot of men & women would be in the jailhouse.

<modsnip>

Regarding the blood in KB's condo:
There was blood spatter found in KB's condo, including on the walls, into the floorboards and ceiling. Its hard to get blood spatter on a ceiling unless its a violent whack. A tooth was beaten out of her mouth and was found in a vent.

Other members have posted some excellent links to the case so it may be help you to read up on those to become fully acquainted with the case.

moo

I believe PF felt as if he needed to lead Kelsey to think all was well right up until he killed her. There has never been any indication that she feared him.
She must have trusted him or she would never have agreed to be blindfolded. It was the perfect way to pacify her and take her completely by surprise. I don't think he wanted her to know even for one second what was coming. It was easier on him that way. Imo

If he had full custody, he wouldn't have to pay child support, so there's that.
That's true -- further, I don't see him paying child support to her, ever. And I guess he wasn't willing to any form of joint custody. I think he was that mean-minded. No way -- he wanted it all, despite his probably not knowing how much work full custody would entail, even if he had someone to care for the child during his work week, etc.
For whatever reason, I think he had begun to hate her, so he got cocky. Grrrr.

That's true -- further, I don't see him paying child support to her, ever. And I guess he wasn't willing to any form of joint custody. I think he was that mean-minded. No way -- he wanted it all, despite his probably not knowing how much work full custody would entail, even if he had someone to care for the child during his work week, etc.
Yeah, the hate was evident in the murder method.

His outburst in the hospital, the custody document found in his house, and this new revelation about DHS investigating allegations of abuse (I believe fabrications from him), all show one thing:

Control.

He wanted it all.

Because PF knew how to manipulate KB.

He used all the tricks abusers use.

Started out being the strong, silent cowboy in their relationship, which then evolved to putting KB down all the time, controlling every move she made and no matter how hard she tried, he kept putting her down and belittling her.

He was a crazy-maker. KB was a religious, perhaps slightly subservient woman and believed that a woman should be "obedient" to a man, but PF's actions may have caused her to doubt that and rebel, taking baby K with her.

Abusers like him follow a pattern. Eventually the abuse victim (KB) believes that she's the one who is wrong and will do everything they can to mollify and try to keep the abuser's affections. But its never good enough for the abuser. The harder you try the more they abuse and derive delight and power from it.

Its pure evil but it happens all the time.

And it happens to strong, intelligent, independent, self-aware women.

These monsters have the knack of seducing, abusing, controlling and destroying, and its not all that hard for a decent person to fall prey to.

moo
...Especially a decent person who has a dream of her child growing up in a home with her mother and father.

There are many people who believe that she isn’t being completely truthful (to varying degrees).

No one can ridicule a point that is made using evidence.
If I truly believed KK did this alone, I wouldn’t care who said what. I would speak up, and thank God I don’t fear ridicule.

Actually, not only would it be a startling turn of events if KK committed this murder, but I would love believing that woman would be locked away for life.

Yeah, some times it does seem like everyone is heading in the same direction. But show me another direction where the evidence leads and I will head that way. I am actually not a good sleuther. I just follow what the evidence says. I think that is what most jurors do.

If I truly believed KK did this alone, I wouldn’t care who said what. I would speak up, and thank God I don’t fear ridicule.

Actually, not only would it be a startling turn of events if KK committed this murder, but I would love believing that woman would be locked away for life.

Yeah, some times it does seem like everyone is heading in the same direction. But show me another direction where the evidence leads and I will head that way. I am actually not a good sleuther. I just follow what the evidence says. I think that is what most jurors do.
I agree.

I think this woman is vile, like her counterpart.

I think she is capable of murder, like her counterpart.

But I’m just following the evidence, and it tells me that she wasn’t there, and PF was the one who was.

I want her to pay the full price, but if the evidence ain’t there, it ain’t there.

Show me the evidence, and I’ll believe otherwise.

I agree. I don't think this was about finances or child support. Look, the man went ape when a medical professional came between he and his child for a few moments. So much so that child services were called in.
This is about control over his child, and he wanted it and didn't want to share it with anyone. He became very aggressive with anyone who got between he and his daughter, and sharing custody would have been the ultimate loss of control for him.
This wasn't about money, it was about control. Having someone that was his, all his. Someone he owned, someone that was a part of him and he was aggressive with anyone that got between he and his child.

I think there are more than myself on this thread that are thinking that there is reasonable doubt and KK has more involvement than many are able to say without fear of ridicule .

I'm big on reasonable doubt and won't even serve on a jury because even beyond that is not enough for me, so I hear ya. Having read all of the evidence released, along with other reports about Frazee's cruelty and rage, I'm convinced he did it. I really, really, wish KK could be placed there, on the day of the murder, but I haven't seen evidence of that, yet. I'm open to it. I can't stand her and all that she's done, aside from the actual murder, is enough where I think she should go to prison for a long time. I wish she could also be also charged with murder. AFAIK, we have not seen phone records putting her in Idaho, prior to and on Thanksgiving day, and I would like to see such. She does have family and others putting there, though, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff