CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
Mono County Sheriff's Office

MISSING JUVENILE
The Mono County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the public’s assistance in locating a missing juvenile from Chalfant. 16-year old Karlie Lain Guse was last seen in the early morning of Saturday, October 13, 2018, on Ponderosa Street near White Mountain Estate Road in Chalfant. Karlie may be disoriented and does not have any personal belongings or cell phone with her. If you have seen Karlie or have any information regarding her whereabouts, please call Mono County Sheriff’s Office Dispatch at 760-932-7549, option 7.

Karlie is a white female, 16 years old, 5’ 07”, 110 pounds, dark blond hair and blue eyes. We do not have a description of her clothing.

upload_2018-10-14_11-4-53.jpeg

Search underway for missing 16-year-old Mono County girl

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - no source linked>
Hello mstinka1982,
At Websleuths we have strict rules about what sources of information are allowed. Information presented as a fact generally needs to be backed up by linking to a source from Law Enforcement or Main Stream Media. The exception is when someone has an inside connection to the case and becomes a Verified Insider. Here is a link to the VI application process if this fits your situation.
Thank you!
Whiskers

Can someone help me out as I am not up to speed on this case specifically- is the facebook group being referenced in post #45 an open/public group? And are the "lives" (I assume this means Facebook Live videos) posted in the group or on a relative's personal facebook page? TIA.

Can someone help me out as I am not up to speed on this case specifically- is the facebook group being referenced in post #45 an open/public group? And are the "lives" (I assume this means Facebook Live videos) posted in the group or on a relative's personal facebook page? TIA.
It’s a closed group run by her stepmother. The lives are from the stepmother posted directly to the closed FB group.

It’s a closed group run by her stepmother. The lives are from the stepmother posted directly to the closed FB group.
Thank you for the quick response.

As an FYI to all- I will be removing some posts, as it is against TOS to discuss information from closed FB groups. Information from an "official" open FB group or by LE or MSM can be discussed here.

An excerpt from our social media rules:

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
  • Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Last edited:
Where is Karlie Gusé ? Desperate search for young girl intensifies as mystery surrounds how, why she disappeared

It’s been almost two weeks since a 16-year-old girl disappeared from her home in a small California town, and her family is desperate for her safe return. Her mother Lindsay joined “Crime Stories with Nancy Grace” on Thursday to express her fears over what may have happened to her daughter, as she continues to hit a brick wall when trying to get answers.

Podcast at link above

@Whiskers16 Thank you for posting the guidelines. I'm new and dove right in but tried to be respectful and anticipatory toward usual guidelines.
Do we have a messaging to other posters function or can you link me to where I'd find that? TIA!

Mono authorities seek missing Chalfant girl

Oct 14, 2018

Authorities are seeking help finding a 16-year-old Mono County girl who has been missing since Saturday morning.

Karlie Lain Guse was last seen on Ponderosa Street near White Mountain Estate Road in Chalfant, Calif.

Her name was added to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children on Tuesday.

"Despite an exhaustive search of the surrounding area and neighboring town of Bishop, Karlie still has not been located," Mono Sheriff Ingrid Braun said. "Her family and friends are desperate to find her."

The Mono County Sheriff's Office has used helicopters, scent dogs, "search and rescue teams and off-road vehicles, to thoroughly search the surrounding neighborhood and high-desert terrain," Braun said. "Interviews of family and friends have been conducted, as well as a forensic investigation into her social media and electronic devices." bbm

She is described as 5-feet, 7-inches tall weighing 110 pounds with dark blonde hair and blue eyes. She is possibly wearing a white T-shirt and gray sweatpants.

Thank you for the quick response.

As an FYI to all- I will be removing some posts, as it is against TOS to discuss information from closed FB groups. Information from an "official" open FB group or by LE or MSM can be discussed here.
If you are still peeking in, I would like to know if we can use Karlie's mother's Facebook page as it has basically become a source for info on Karlie as well as official statements such as a letter of a complaint against the sheriff. I don't see any private info that would lead to any sleuthing of her and of course we should ignore open comments just like any search site.

Unfortunately, because most information comes from the statements in the closed Facebook page, there's not much to discuss here.
I've never taken any info from a closed facebook page and have never even been on one. I was only granted permission to join the Armchair Detective page after I posted Lindsay's quoted participation (on a public youtube channel) and it isn't closed, it's a group.
I don't know what 'closed' facebook pages you are speaking of. Lindsay's, Melissa's and BF's are all open.
The youtube live videos SM posted, DP videos and Nancy Grace audio interviews are all public.
I think there's plenty to discuss and during my absence (a day?) I've read many informed opinions.
We all want the same thing, justice for KG and hopefully her safe return.
Is it permissible to ask for guidance to a facebook page that may be private?
Do we have a member messaging function?

They are public. They are on youtube. I posted a link. Go to google or youtube and search her live videos.

It is my understanding that they were all initially public until about a week after Karlie went missing. However they have been published on YouTube and other platforms, as well as MSM in references as well as clips. Should the videos not be considered as public statements? Obviously none of the "lives" should be used as an excuse to implicate the SM or Zach, the father.

@bwt42 That comment number doesn't coincide. It was either deleted or because others were, the numbers are out of sync.
If at all possible, could you direct me to where other party members are speaking about the goings-on at the party?
Your reference to KG having a head injury at the party - that's quite possible, in fact. We don't KNOW anything.
I appreciate sarcasm as much as the next guy but sometimes it's unnecessary.

If anyone else can direct me toward what @bwt42 was referring, I'd appreciate it. Just don't link to it if it's a closed account. Thanks.

It is my understanding that they were all initially public until about a week after Karlie went missing. However they have been published on YouTube and other platforms, as well as MSM in references as well as clips. Should the videos not be considered as public statements? Obviously none of the "lives" should be used as an excuse to implicate the SM or Zach, the father.
They are what they are. What one perceives from their content is a matter of judgement. If SM put them on a public platform such as youtube, they are no longer private, even if she deletes them from her public personal page. I've not even been on her facebook page.
I'm not arguing, I just don't see an issue.
Damn, ETA: I have been on her public facebook page for about a minute but I was just checking to see if there was one very early on. I had no desire to read more than what I quickly saw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member