ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I apparently need to listen to bio mom's interview. Is this where that came from? So bio mom called from jail to LE about bio dad's mom? Do I have that right?
No, I don't think so. It sounded to me like both biological parents were reiterating the same story about the paternal bio Gma having made the actual call to LE. I could be wrong tho but that's what it sounded like to me.

Bio dad said that he was talking for a long time to someone? I forget to whom, from jail.

Where I lived, calling from jail was collect and it cost something like $10 a minute

She's run away before and it's been said that they weren't spur of the moment, she planned them. It's a little odd that her plan didn't include grabbing a jacket, considering the weather.

Outdoor cameras are great, especially if they're working :-/ but I'm wondering if kids who have a history of running away should be fitted with ankle monitors that have GPS tracking.

She's run away before and it's been said that they weren't spur of the moment, she planned them. It's a little odd that her plan didn't include grabbing a jacket, considering the weather.

Outdoor cameras are great, especially if they're working :-/ but I'm wondering if kids who have a history of running away should be fitted with ankle monitors that have GPS tracking.

Parents who had children at BHCH have said that in the winter the children must wear boots when going from the residential building to the school/gym building and that the kids have cubbies to put things in. So it is possible she didn't want to alert staff by grabbing her coat or it was in a place she couldn't get to like a cubbie or locked room. In DG's (adoptive mom) interviews with Lynne DiSanto, it was disclosed that DG was told they believe Serenity asked the other child in the gym to run the other way to distract staff so Serenity must have planned at least enough in advance to talk to other child. At approx 18:30 they start to discuss what DG was told.

I don't know BHCH polices but I worked in a PRTF in SD and we didn't allow the kids to have backpacks or bags in their rooms for contraband reasons but also to help cut down on runner so that would also limit Serenity being able to pack anything like she had previously done when she ran from home.

Regarding trackers or monitors, unless something changed recently they were not permitted to be used where I worked. They gave us a bunch of reasons...kids figure out quickly how to remove or disable them, it singles out a child which we also couldn't do, children still have rights in treatment and such.

I don't know about the cameras because no one has gotten a straight answer regarding cameras at BHCH. The PRTF I worked at had cameras but no external cameras and limited internal ones but all residents, social workers, parents, guardians had to sign stating they were aware we had working cameras. So I am not sure how a place could have fake ones and not tell people but maybe the regulation vary from state to state so that doesn't have to be disclosed.

JMO

I just joined recently but wanted to pitch in about something you guys talked about awhile back. I have a dog who is an escape artist and wears a GPS box on her collar. The unit is about 1.5”x1.5”x.5”and requires charging quite often. If the box has access to WiFi it will hold a charge about four days. If it’s running on per GPS it is closer to two days. If I put it in it’s tracking mode where it updates her location every thirty seconds the battery drains within hours. However, the box does fully recharge in about an hour.

75-80 searchers including 10 dog teams and two aircraft will search for Serenity this weekend. TeePee Gulch Road will be closed again. To date, over 260 interviews have been conducted. Pennington County Sheriff's Office

https://listen.sdpb.org/post/search-resumes-serenity-dennard
[...]

"They're cadaver dogs. Because, we believe that she is in the woods...she is deceased at this point. So, we'll use cadaver dogs, and again they come from out of state and around South Dakota. A total of ten teams."

[...]

Thom says the FBI has reviewed the case file and provided technical assistance.

He says his agency has also received support from the South Dakota Division of Criminal Investigation, South Dakota Wildland Fire, and numerous agencies throughout the Rapid City area.

Last edited:
75-80 searchers including 10 dog teams and two aircraft will search for Serenity this weekend. TeePee Gulch Road will be closed again. To date, over 260 interviews have been conducted. Pennington County Sheriff's Office

https://listen.sdpb.org/post/search-resumes-serenity-dennard
[...]

"They're cadaver dogs. Because, we believe that she is in the woods...she is deceased at this point. So, we'll use cadaver dogs, and again they come from out of state and around South Dakota. A total of ten teams."

[...]

Thom says the FBI has reviewed the case file and provided technical assistance.

He says his agency has also received support from the South Dakota Division of Criminal Investigation, South Dakota Wildland Fire, and numerous agencies throughout the Rapid City area.
I bet those dogs can smell the mountain lions in the area. During the volunteer search last Sunday, someone mentioned they saw them. Sadly, I have to wonder if they’ll only find her clothing and boots. Functional cameras, even after Serenity went missing, could detect a mountain lion returning to an area. Maybe other carnivores clustering in an area, frozen animal tracks or dung, etc. I remember many years ago there was an officer driving on I-95 over the course of a few days noticed a cluster of birds in one area. He had a hunch that the only reason for that many birds, that consistently, was a food source. He mentioned it to the investigators and sure enough, they found a missing woman.

Why is it that the Black Hills Children’s Home specializes in treating "Reactive Attachment Disorder" when it is considered a "rare" disorder? Some experts think that it may not even exist in the USA. This makes me suspicious that Black Hills Children’s Home is involved in a fringe psychotherapy that is actually trying to treat "Attachment Disorder" (AD) which is very different; it is a quack diagnosis. This practice is linked to many child abuse and death cases.

Reactive Attachment Disorder vs. Attachment Disorder
What is Attachment Therapy?
Victims of Attachment Therapy
AT — Videos

You just don't take children with attachment *issues,* which are common adjustment problems for adoptee, out of the home. Parenting methods and interaction are key to effective treatment.

So what's going on here???

Why is it that the Black Hills Children’s Home specializes in treating "Reactive Attachment Disorder" when it is considered a "rare" disorder? Some experts think that it may not even exist in the USA. This makes me suspicious that Black Hills Children’s Home is involved in a fringe psychotherapy that is actually trying to treat "Attachment Disorder" (AD) which is very different; it is a quack diagnosis. This practice is linked to many child abuse and death cases.

Reactive Attachment Disorder vs. Attachment Disorder
What is Attachment Therapy?
Victims of Attachment Therapy
AT — Videos

You just don't take children with attachment *issues,* which are common adjustment problems for adoptee, out of the home. Parenting methods and interaction are key to effective treatment.

So what's going on here???

Where does that info come from? RAD is not rare.

It comes from parents not responsong to their infants cries. How many parents do not respod to their infant?

Just a few? I think not when you think of meth and the opioid crisis

MAR 30, 2019
https://www.kotatv.com/content/news/The-search-is-on-to-find-Serenity-Dennard-507883951.html
serenity+still.jpg

[...]

With the weather warming up, rescuers searched over some of the same areas they had in the past. Hoping with snow melted, more clues would be found.

The group met Saturday morning at 8 a.m. and will continue searching until 6 p.m. All with the hopes to locate the young girl.

"It's hard knowing as a searcher that I've got a missing nine year old in my backyard out here. We want closure for that family, we want closure for Serenity and we want closure for the community," says Gail Schmidt, the fire chief at Rockerville Volunteer Fire Department.

Rescuers plan to be on the look for Serenity bright and early Sunday morning. They tell us they do not plan on giving up hope.

I keep checking back in and this thread always just makes me so sad. I just hope and pray they find her. I've just had a bad gut feeling they weren't going to find her from early on. So far it's not reassuring. I don't necessarily trust or assume anything with gut feelings. But I still can not believe with all the man and dog power this poor little girl is still missing. It's almost April. The snow looks so much thinner on the ground. I'm just worried she's not where they are looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong