Found Deceased FL - Gage Jackson, 19, Punta Gorda, Charlotte Co, 19 Mar 2019

cybervampira

Reaction score
Charlotte County Sheriff's Office

Missing Person: Gage Jackson (1/18/00).
Gage was last seen on 3/19 at approximately 11:15pm, being dropped off at his residence on Washington Loop in Punta Gorda (Charlotte County, FL). If you have information on his location or someone he may be with, please contact DFC Poole at 639-2101.
You can also submit a tip anonymously through our mobile app.

upload_2019-3-21_20-2-57.png

Missing Punta Gorda teen

I live within an hour of here and have family in this area. I’m hoping they can find him with friends at one of the “mud holes” around here or a spring break event. By mud hole I mean in the woods where everyone is day camping, cooking out, riding ATVs and partying. These are generally family events where us, ahem, older adults, get a kick out of watching the little kids ride in the mud. Out east, meaning on the east side of I-75, there are mud holes all over on abandoned property. If you're not from here you may call it a swamp. LOL!

Attachments

• 454E231D-F016-4570-9588-14EB0E014AAF.jpeg
    454E231D-F016-4570-9588-14EB0E014AAF.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 8
MAR 22, 2019
Cops searching for missing 19-year-old

[...]

He was last seen Tuesday evening being dropped off at his home on Washington Loop Road after working at Peace River Seafood.

KB, who owns Peace River Seafood with her husband, said Jackson has worked there for about a year and a half.

“He’s wonderful,” she said. “He is such a good employee. Very happy. He’s always early. He’s a model employee.”

Jackson was dropped off at his apartment by a friend around 9 p.m. She said Jackson said nothing unusual and was not acting out of the ordinary, according to the initial incident report. When his roommate came home later, Jackson was gone along with $300 in cash, according to the report.

His father reported him missing and said Jackson had taken his wallet but left his keys at the apartment.

Friends and family planned on Facebook to search for Jackson today beginning at 9 a.m., meeting at the corner of U.S. 17 and Washington Loop at the USA Grocery.

[...]

(Name changed to initials by me)

They’ve created a Find Gage Jackson Facebook page and searches are being organized.
Find Gage Jackson
The family tried to update this page and Facebook decided it was spam.

The Charlotte County Sherriffs Office page has comments tho. They did a search with dogs but did not find anything.

MAR 25, 2019
Family, friends search for missing teen
RJ fought tears back as he thought about his 19-year-old son Gage Jackson who’s been missing since Tuesday. He said Gage likes to hunt, fish and it’s not hard for him to make a friend.

[...]

Jackson’s roommate MA last saw him Tuesday night when he got dropped off at home after working a double shift at Peace River Seafood and then picked up again. MA told Jackson’s parents something was wrong when he didn’t show up for work or come home the next day.

His mom HJ said she doesn’t think her son simply ran away.

“I think something has to be wrong. Seriously wrong. Like I tell everybody, I’m not a negative person, but for him not to contact us knowing all the effort they we’ve put forth trying to find him,” she said. “Somebody picked him up. Whoever that person is has to know something.”

MA and Jackson’s parents along with friends have been handing out flyers in hopes of finding him. They’ve looked for him near his job and even searched in the woods near his home. Ahrens said he won’t give up until they do.

“He’s like a brother to me. I love the kid,” he said. “I can’t sleep. I got like probably 20 hours of sleep since Tuesday.”

Jackson’s dad said his coworkers told him when he left work Tuesday he was wearing a bright green hat, a white t-shirt, blue jeans and white rubber boots. He said he could also be in the Arcadia area. His dad said they’ll keep searching and keep their phones close until they find him.

[...]

(Names changed to initials by me)

MAR 26, 2019
Cops still searching for missing 19-year-old
5c9536d617b6d.image.jpg

Law enforcement are still searching for Gage Jackson, the 19-year-old last seen Tuesday, March 19, around 9 p.m. Jackson was dropped off at his home on Jones Loop Road after working at Peace River Seafood.

[...]

On Twitter, the agency asked the public not to organize any searches without first contacting detectives.

“We appreciate the community’s willingness to assist, but taking actions outside of what is organized by the investigative team could have a negative impact,” the agency wrote. “If additional volunteers are needed, we will absolutely put out a public request for assistance.”

The Find Gage Jackson Facebook page has the post quoted below. Great that they're searching frequently.

"UPDATE: We are currently finalizing our strategic search plan to find Gage. We appreciate the outpouring of community support in committing to assist this search to bring our boy back home.

We'd like to CCSO for their searches performed yesterday, and hope to continue working efficiently together moving forward. Please stand by for updates throughout the day."

I’m hoping the media is going to pick this up and run with it. There’s not been much locally. In addition to an increase in the Reward (now $2,000) there is a vigil scheduled:

Please join our family and friends this Saturday March 30th @ 8 pm for a candle light prayer vigil to
“Bring Gage Home"
At the field next to the USA Store on the corner of Washington Loop and US 17, Punta Gorda.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back