IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #5 Smollett indicted”

Status
Not open for further replies.
3/29/19

National and state prosecutors’ associations have blasted the Cook County state’s attorney’s office for its handling of the Jussie Smollett case, with an Illinois group saying Kim Foxx “has failed in her most fundamental ethical obligations to the public.”

The Illinois Prosecutors Bar Association said the dismissal of the charges — without any admission of guilt by Smollett — was “an affront to prosecutors across the state” as well as police, victims of hate crimes and the county as a whole.
2 prosecutors' groups rip handling of Jussie Smollett's case by state's attorney's office

This shows Foxx's PR spin/damage control is not working with the majority of the public, imo nor even by other Prosecutors like herself in the same held profession. They know the difference between ethical conduct, and unethical misconduct which can rise to a disbarrable offense.
It shows this is not normal procedure by any stretch of the imagination. If it was, then the other state prosecutors wouldn't be so incensed, and outraged like they are with Foxx.

She cant fool them because they are in the trenches every day, and know they do not handle any case like JSs. These are her peers, which reveals just how much she decided to sidestep all ethics to come to the illogical conclusion of JSs case. Imo, she made the call, and let Magats do her dirty work for her, but she is still left with unclean hands.

She might as well come out an say to the public she has a fantasy she wants everyone to buy into.

She clearly lied to everyone when she said she recused herself. She cant fall back on some immature lame response by pretending she really didnt mean it literally.

Fgs, she is a darn Prosecutor. She knows what it means when a Prosecutor says they have recused themselves. It shows how disengious she is as she tries to back peddle now, because she knows she could be in big trouble with the bar association.

Lol! Riight of course she welcomes an investigation. Did we really expect her to say anything differently trying to save face now? Lol. I think not.

Imo

Last edited:
I'd love to hear from a member of the grand jury! Kim Foxx is totally giving them the finger.

I would be highly upset if I had been one on this GJ.

I have been on a GJ, and it isnt true they will indict a ham sandwich. That is just defense lawyer spin. Imo.

They try their best to do their civic duty to the best of their ability. They know lives hang in the balance.

That is why in almost all GJs you will see some they true billed for indictment and there will be cases where they no billed certain cases.

Imo, they take their duties very seriously, and not like some who try to imply that they dont, and say they just rubber stamp all cases. Its simply not true.

I think due to the notoriety surrounding this case they would be extra careful, making sure they came to the correct determination based solely on all supporting evidence.

Imo

Last edited:
I would be highly upset if I had been one on this GJ.

I have been on a GJ, and it isnt true they will indict a ham sandwich. That is just defense lawyer spin. Imo.

They try their best to do their civic duty to the best of their ability. They know lives hang in the balance.

That is why in almost all GJs you will see some they true billed for indictment and there will be cases where they no billed certain cases.

Imo, they take their duties very seriously, and not like some who try to imply that they dont, and say they just rubber stamp all cases. Its simply not true.

I think due to the notoriety surrounding this case they would be extra careful, making sure they came to the correct determination based solely on all supporting evidence.

Imo

I really want to know why the GJ was hauled off to get the 16 count felony indictment on top the already existing indictment if the case was so weak, etc. Nothing was stopping them from doing the non-plea plea with 16 whole hours of 'volunteer work' with the existing indictment. It seems like the GJ was wasted if not abused. If I was in Cook County on a GJ I'd be afraid to indict someone - particularly a rich/famous person - because the current SA could use that to prevent prosecution and any other future prosecutor from prosecuting. I'm all for deferred prosecutions, but what the SA did was just granted immunity from prosecution and that's a horrible thing for a prosecutor to do. Better to get a real SA in there who will do real prosecutions and real deferred prosecutions.

New statement from LE in response to the Foxx op ed. In part:
In a statement, Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson reiterated that lead prosecutors on the Smollett case were present during interrogations in the case and “stood firmly behind this investigation and the evidence -- approved the charges not only at the point of felony approval but again when they made their independent decision to take the evidence to an independent criminal grand jury to secure an additional 16 felony counts.”
Chicago's top cop slams prosecutor's office again over Jussie Smollett case

“I wanted to give you a call on behalf of Jussie Smollett and family who I know. They have concerns about the investigation,” Tchen wrote in a text sent before 5 a.m., seeking to set up a call with Foxx before Tchen left on an 8 a.m. flight to New York.

Records: Former Michelle Obama aide, Smollett relative reached out to Kim Foxx

The manager, identified in news reports as Brandon Moore, told Variety Wednesday that he heard the racial slurs and the “MAGA” quote.

“I heard the scuffle and I heard the racial slur,” he said.

Persons of interest in Jussie Smollett attack captured on camera, police say

Seems the manager was in on it too. Jmo

City's letter to Jussie Smollett demanding $130K ... ($130,106.15) Actual letter

Jussie's team responded to the letter in a statement to the Chicago Tribune, saying, "It is the mayor and the police chief who owe Jussie — owe him an apology — for dragging an innocent man's character through the mud. Jussie has paid enough."

AND----
Jussie Smollett bond proffer - Feb. 20, 2019
What's wrong with these people? What planet are they living on! They've lost all touch with reality. Not only Jussie but his "team" actually believe his narrative. It's sickening. IMO

What's wrong with these people? What planet are they living on! They've lost all touch with reality. Not only Jussie but his "team" actually believe his narrative. It's sickening. IMO

Oh they don't believe a word they say. They know the truth, but Foxx made sure they wouldn't ever have to tell it to anyone.

Unfortunately, Kim Foxx has give them all the free space they need to push all of their false statements into everyone's face.

That's what happens when a guilty defendant isnt even made to admit his guilt not even to prosecutors or before a judge.

His lawyers will continue to shove it in everyone's face, thanks to Foxx giving JS a free ticket to keep proclaiming he is a victim instead of the true hateful guilty victimizer, he is.

Even Magats admitted JS is guilty of this hateful hoax, but they also made sure JS didnt ever have to admit it to anyone.

So the lawyers will continue to spin the tale of lies, quicker than a spider can spin their web.

Foxx is the one that created all of this, just like she planned that he would never have to admit to them either, his own wrongdoing. It was part of the underhanded unethical deal KF gave him. imo.

So on, and on his lawyers' spin will go. KF made sure they could say anything they want in JS favor, and against the CPD, and the Mayor, and believe me they will continue to take full advantage of KFs gift.

The truth, the actual hateful crime he is guilty of doing, and then repeatedly lying about it all, means nothing. Just ask KF.

She has unleashed the narcissist, JS, and emboldened not only him even more, but his lawyers as well.

I'm sure KF is very proud it all worked out so well in JSs favor. That was her intended goal all along. Imoo

Imo

Last edited:
Oh they don't believe a word they say. They know the truth, but Foxx made sure they wouldn't ever have to tell it to anyone.

Unfortunately, Kim Foxx has give them all the free space they need to push all of their false statements into everyone's face.

That's what happens when a guilty defendant isnt even made to admit his guilt not even to prosecutors or before a judge.

His lawyers will continue to shove it in everyone's face, thanks to Foxx giving JS a free ticket to keep proclaiming he is a victim instead of the true hateful guilty victimizer, he is.

Even Magats admitted JS is guilty of this hateful hoax, but they also made sure JS didnt ever have to admit it to anyone.

So the lawyers will continue to spin the tale of lies, quicker than a spider can spin their web.

Foxx is the one that created all of this, just like she planned that he would never have to admit to them either, his own wrongdoing. It was part of the underhanded unethical deal KF gave him. imo.

So on, and on his lawyers' spin will go. KF made sure they could say anything they want in JS favor, and against the CPD, and the Mayor, and believe me they will continue to take full advantage of KFs gift.

The truth, the actual hateful crime he is guilty of doing, and then repeatedly lying about it all, means nothing. Just ask KF.

She has unleashed the narcissist, JS, and emboldened not only him even more, but his lawyers as well.

I'm sure KF is very proud it all worked out so well in JSs favor. That was her intended goal all along. Imoo

Imo

I'm hoping the potential city ordinance lawsuit to pay for LE work on the case becomes the equivalent of the OJ civil trial. If he doesn't pay $130K, he can effectively be found liable for being a hoaxer.

Imo
Great post! They really don't care how ludicrous they all sound. They can't possibly believe anyone is buying into it. Well heck, some people probably are. :rolleyes:

They don't believe him. They're just liars, like he is. This is about identity politics and there is no level to which they won't descend.

fakehatecrimes.org

They don't believe him. They're just liars, like he is. This is about identity politics and there is no level to which they won't descend.

fakehatecrimes.org

“Though hate crime reports that turn out to be hoaxes often generate sensational headlines, the phenomenon is relatively rare. The Center on Hate and Extremism at California State University documented approximately two dozen confirmed or suspected instances of false reporting “hoaxes” of hate crimes from 2016 – 2018 – a tiny number in comparison with the many thousands that the federal government says go unreported.”

Hate Crimes, Explained

“U.S. residents experienced an average of 250,000 hate crime victimizations each year from 2004 to 2015.”

Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) - Hate Crime Victimization, 2004-2015

“The report examines the perceived motivation for the hate crime, evidence that the crime was motivated by bias, demographic characteristics of victims and offenders, and hate crimes reported and not reported to police. It compares characteristics of hate crime and nonhate crime victimizations. The report also compares the NCVS and FBI's Uniform Crime Reporting hate crime statistics.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288