Found Deceased SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, 29 March 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ita
Where are we safe?
(Rhetorical question, obviously)
We just have to be on our toes 100% of the time.

It just seems like a woman cannot be too cautious.

And that people with evil intentions are still out there looking for victims. Sometimes reading WS can be just, overwhelming and depressing in the repetitiveness of the stories.

My community had a brush with a drug-fueled serial killer earlier this year and the effects of understanding what happened are still with me and still haunt me, even though I did not know any of the victims personally. I just know that it heightened my awareness of people around me and my property, and has made me change what I do for my security.

However it means I have less freedom than I did before. I can't go on long beautiful walks alone when I have a spare minute and no one else around to buddy up with. I don't plan long solo trips. I've spend money budgeted for other home projects to improve my security. I've got a concealed carry permit to carry firearms and I have a weapon in my home. I've got pepper spray all over the place. My workplace has special codes for security episodes and armed shooters, so I have a sledgehammer to break the windows out in my office to escape an armed attack.

But I still can't get my neighbors to keep their lights on in a few dark areas or to just check in when they plan to be away.

I'm so sad for this family and all her friends. 30 seconds one way or another and we wouldn't have known her name, or his.

Last edited:
Samantha Josephson never gave up: USC student remembered as hard worker who loved to laugh
Samantha Josephson never gave up.

That's how the University of South Carolina senior who was killed this week should best be remembered, said her former Spanish instructor Daniela Jaimes.

"She was always trying to be better than the previous day, the previous course," Jaimes said.

Jaimes, who had Josephson as a student in both the spring and fall 2018 semesters, recalled smiling when she saw that Josephson had signed up for her class for a second time.

“That really made my day when I saw her sitting in my class the first day of last fall," Jaimes said.

[...]

Josephson was also a member of the Alpha Gamma Delta sorority, which is keeping comment on her death brief for now, said Marlis Headley, house director at the University of South Carolina chapter.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the family right now" is Alpha Gamma Delta's statement, Headley said.

[...]

I'm so sad for this family and all her friends. 30 seconds one way or another and we wouldn't have known her name, or his.

If only Uber had arrived right behind the death mobile, maybe someone would have noticed & reported him. At least LE could have watched for him in the future.
Wish some big college dude wanted an Uber & Samantha might have offered hers, bet the death mobile would have sped off, tires squealing if a guy stepped up.
Glad he didn’t appear in court. No one needs to see him.

I don’t think so either but we don’t know what happened when she got in the death sedan.
IMO, she’s called a car many times & knew at once she was in trouble.
I wish she could have strangled him as he drove.

BBM: We don't know that she didn't attack him if or when she realized she was trapped. Perhaps that is why he apparently used some type of weapon on her (gun, knife perhaps) that left so much blood in his car. I hope that she did hurt him, and while it seems to be a slam dunk case as far as him being the perp, I hope his DNA is found under her nails when she is autopsied. I am reminded of Mickey Schunick often in cases such as this. She died after being hit on her bike and abducted, and ultimately shot, but she damn near killed the before she died, resulting in him having to go to a hospital for treatment of his wounds, and her brave actions were key in him being caught. JMO

BBM: We don't know that she didn't attack him if or when she realized she was trapped. Perhaps that is why he apparently used some type of weapon on her (gun, knife perhaps) that left so much blood in his car. I hope that she did hurt him, and while it seems to be a slam dunk case as far as him being the perp, I hope his DNA is found under her nails when she is autopsied. I am reminded of Mickey Schunick often in cases such as this. She died after being hit on her bike and abducted, but she damn near killed the before she died, resulting in him having to go to a hospital for treatment of his wounds, and her brave actions were key in him being caught. JMO

Reminds me of Mickey too.
I wish Samantha could have gotten her arm around his neck causing him to lose control of his death mobile.
What a tragic end to a night of fun.
IMO, he showed her a weapon & told her to “shut up”, she did, hoping for the best.
Can’t wait for an inventory list of items found to be released.

Regarding the child locks being used in the backseat. I wonder if those were initially used for his child and it just worked to his advantage when she couldn’t escape the car. May just be a coincidence.

And who knows, maybe he was there pick up someone he knew, and this pretty girl jumps in his car. At that moment, he decided he’d go along with the Uber scenario (assumes she asked if he was Uber when she jumped in) and see if he could get some action from a buzzed student and then things didn’t go as planned.

BBM: We don't know that she didn't attack him if or when she realized she was trapped. Perhaps that is why he apparently used some type of weapon on her (gun, knife perhaps) that left so much blood in his car. I hope that she did hurt him, and while it seems to be a slam dunk case as far as him being the perp, I hope his DNA is found under her nails when she is autopsied. I am reminded of Mickey Schunick often in cases such as this. She died after being hit on her bike and abducted, and ultimately shot, but she damn near killed the before she died, resulting in him having to go to a hospital for treatment of his wounds, and her brave actions were key in him being caught. JMO
Can’t even imagine the horror of being in that situation. I also think a lot of her injuries were from fighting back. Has anyone read about the condition he was in when arrested?

Regarding the child locks being used in the backseat. I wonder if those were initially used for his child and it just worked to his advantage when she couldn’t escape the car. May just be a coincidence.

And who knows, maybe he was there pick up someone he knew, and this pretty girl jumps in his car. At that moment, he decided he’d go along with the Uber scenario (assumes she asked if he was Uber when she jumped in) and see if he could get some action from a buzzed student and then things didn’t go as planned.

I was wondering how they even know the child locks were on at the time she was in the car. Unless I missed something, it's possible the child seat was put in and the child locks turned on the following day.

In the video of his vehicle approaching the corner, you can see something in the back seat that looks just like a properly-installed infant car seat would look. I believe the car seat was in the vehicle when she got into it.

He is reported to have a young daughter, but I haven't read anything about where the child or mother live.

I was wondering how they even know the child locks were on at the time she was in the car. Unless I missed something, it's possible the child seat was put in and the child locks turned on the following day.

Possibly you can get that data from the onboard readouts for the car's computer. I would imagine if there was an issue with the locking mechanism of the car mechanics and the maker would want to know.

Last edited:
Reminds me of Mickey too.
I wish Samantha could have gotten her arm around his neck causing him to lose control of his death mobile.
What a tragic end to a night of fun.
IMO, he showed her a weapon & told her to “shut up”, she did, hoping for the best.
Can’t wait for an inventory list of items found to be released.
There had to be some way to subdue her, or at least not cause her to be suspicious and/or panic at first. The second video shows the car back out and merge with traffic, then stop/wait at a light maybe? No sign of any panic up til then. Either a weapon as you say, maybe to force her to hand over her phone, or he just played along as her Uber driver for a span of time. Maybe even stopped on a pretense like engine trouble or tire warning? Attacked her before she had time to react. Otherwise I can't understand why she didn't call 911 and/or strangle the heck out or him...or beat him with a shoe or purse. JMO

In the video of his vehicle approaching the corner, you can see something in the back seat that looks just like a properly-installed infant car seat would look. I believe the car seat was in the vehicle when she got into it.

He is reported to have a young daughter, but I haven't read anything about where the child or mother live.

If there was an infant car seat, it would make it so that she would not be able to easily slide across the seat to hit him or get away from him when he came to the door to open it. Infant car seats in a car that size inhibit movement across the seat and toward the driver's seat.

I don't recall him being called "privileged" and sure don't see him this way. I see a kid from a real backwater with no real prospects in life who is devoted to his $28K car and is obsessed with college kids, specifically likely white college coeds.

For a guy so devoted to basketball in high school, he is spending a lot of time during the best part of March Madness driving around in the dark lurking for victims......

And I think this really is a psychological compulsion. The car was still dirty from her blood and he was right back in the same area 24 hours later. He had only made what sounds like feeble attempts to clean it. Not like he spent 4 hours at a car wash or something

I completely agree with your profile. I meant privileged in a colloquial sense - he comes off as a bit narcissistic to me, as someone that feels like he has a right to do what he did or that he could somehow get away with it. He did mention his siblings being mean to him so I could be totally wrong and its all a front. I apologize if I offended anyone!

True. Maybe working on assumption, possibly lifted her prints or maybe she damaged the door handle trying to get it open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44