OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#45

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Beth Karas Twitter
Chat with me in @Oxygen's official Facebook Group this Sunday night during the premiere of The #Piketon Family Murders. I'll try to answer as many of your questions as I can. If you're not a member yet, you can join here: bit.ly/OxygenFacebook…

I don’t have FB
Anyone willing to chat with Beth, ask questions, answer questions, report back to us?!

Did she stated to the GJ she had the receipts printed out but did not bring them? Then did not turn them over for years? I'm trying to get that part straight. Something unusual about all that...

On July 24, 2018....
Wagner told the grand jury : "But that was all my idea, paid for with my account, my credit card, I have got all of those records, and it was after the murder, and I will be glad to give them to you."

In the motion seeking the gag order, prosecutors said authorities had spent eight months attempting to gain the truth about Wagner’s purchases. They said authorities tried to work with her and Owen to obtain the records of the purchases for months. When Wagner and Owen didn’t come forward, authorities subpoenaed Amazon.

When there was no record of a purchase of the vests, (from Amazon) prosecutors brought the charges back to the grand jury in November.

A great mystery in all this is why did it take 8 months, until March 2018, for Fred and her attorney to produce the records of the purchases of the vests? Something fishy is going on here.

According to Fred the purchase is listed on her credit card statement. Maybe not WHAT she purchased but WHEN ---AND---the credit card would show the purchases were from her PayPal account. That should have helped her attorney to locate the purchases much quicker than taking 8 months to do so. Again, why so long in producing the records? ....My 2 Cents....

Last edited:
Keep in mind Fred stalled for a long time in producing those receipts for the BPVs. She lied about where they were purchased so investigators couldn't find the receipts themselves. When cornered on that she stalled for as long as she could before finally producing them. Something about those receipts made Fred very nervous.

I don't buy the story she forgot. That woman is sharp as a tack. To young kids Fred might be ancient but Fred is only a few years older than I am and there is no way I would forget a 1000.00 purchase.

I think the reason Fred stalled so long on giving AC those receipts is because it can be proved that Fred was somewhere else when they were bought online using her account.

JMO

I would have to go back and listen to AW's statement to Owen at FW's hearing last week, but I think she said the receipts are not "authentic." Very interesting indeed. JMO

The show might have been a little easier to watch had Beth Karas went to interview people who knew both families... in familiar places like Rarden, Latham, Peebles and Lucasville. Piketon and Waverly weren't their stomping grounds except for nights out drinking at Beril's which was only occasionally.

Then poor old Pastor Phil erred in saying that Bobby Jo found Chris and "Kenneth." Don't these people do any fact checking before they air such a program. JMO.

ETA: I would LOVE to see Beth and crew go to the Bottoms and do some interviews, LMAO

Last edited:
Thanks, but I do realize what a gag order is - I have followed other cases on WS that also had gag orders, one for example being the Heather Elvis case. Although, this case with the W's is the 1st time I have seen an attorney violate it to the point of revealing parts of grand jury testimony. JMO

THANK YOU for your observation! Most of the world would agree!

The problem with that is no security video evidence shows up on any of the inventory lists so far. What the Oxygen show is now saying is that there was security video evidence and that it didn't show anything. When they repeat how "sophisticated" the Rhodens' security system was and mention how many video cameras were on the properties, then say nothing was on the video, that implies all the cameras, all the video, which is false. Half-truths that trick viewers who haven't followed the case much.

The show also makes no mention of any of the inculpating evidence: the evidence they've discussed so far that incriminates the Wagners.

Here is what DeWine said back in the day

Family: Rhoden property had video cameras
I don't see the Oxygen series as anything but general background and entertainment. I don't think any ground breaking revelations will be uncovered in the series.
I don't think all evidence in these cases has been disclosed yet. We know that MSM has access to more detailed court documents than we do.
If indeed the Rhoden's security system was "sophisticated", I would think they might be saving data to a cloud like device.
I don't see much bias in the series so far, not that much solid information either.
MOO

Last edited:
The show might have been a little easier to watch had Beth Karas went to interview people who knew both families... in familiar places like Rarden, Latham, Peebles and Lucasville. Piketon and Waverly weren't their stomping grounds except for nights out drinking at Beril's which was only occasionally.

Then poor old Pastor Phil erred in saying that Bobby Jo found Chris and "Kenneth." Don't these people do any fact checking before they air such a program. JMO.

ETA: I would LOVE to see Beth and crew go to the Bottoms and do some interviews, LMAO
For those of us out of state, what and where are the Bottoms?

I don't see the Oxygen series as anything but general background and entertainment. I don't think any ground breaking revelations will be uncovered in the series.
I don't think all evidence in these cases has been disclosed yet. We know that MSM has access to more detailed court documents than we do.
If indeed the Rhoden's security system was "sophisticated", I would think they might be saving data to a cloud like device.
I don't see much bias in the series so far, not that much solid information either.
MOO

Agree, but not every potential juror realizes that Oxygen is just an entertainment show that often gets things wrong.

The part about the security cams comes near the end.

I agree, the evidence in this case is strong, the investigation was thorough. The killers and their family will do anything to protect them and we have to anticipate that.

Just watched the Oxygen shows Via streaming through a smart phone aimed at a TV. My take on the people that were surprised the Wagners were arrested and charged was so because the Wagners were rich and well known. But, can it be said that BWIII and AW were rich at the time?

I would too. It could make for an interesting read and I would bet between the 2 of us, we would recognize most, if not all names. The Hills Have Eyes. LOL.
I said absolutely nothing about names given to BCI. That is a question you should ask FW based on her interview with The Plain Dealer. JMO. I do not know.

Just watched the Oxygen shows Via streaming through a smart phone aimed at a TV. My take on the people that were surprised the Wagners were arrested and charged was so because the Wagners were rich and well known. But, can it be said that BWIII and AW were rich at the time?

Not in my opinion, that's just like the "royalty" reference, I have never heard that term used in reference to any W's.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I feel the "him" she referenced was just an attempt to shift focus off the W4. I'm not reading more into it other than an attempt to cover her own family's rear end.

I don't know who she referred to, she seems to have an issue with LE, but I think she put herself in that predicament by covering for her son.
JMO

Last edited by a moderator:

I did feel like referring to the W4 specifically as rich or elite or whatever word used, was mis leading.

I did feel like referring to the W4 specifically as rich or elite or whatever word used, was mis leading.

They were all locals, though, weren't they? IDK, not familiar with the area, but I assume Oxygen was being truthful about those folks interviewed as locals and employees of the Wagners, etc.

ETA: Also adding it was so sad listening to some of the close friends and family of the Rhodens talking about them. Their grief is still so raw. Seeing Gary's brother break down a couple of times was heartbreaking. It makes you realize this mass murder of a family left scars and emotional damage to their friends and family that will last a lifetime.

Piketon Family Murders: Could a custody battle lead to eight murders? Where is 4-year-old Sophia Wagner now?

A very odd and somewhat inaccurate quote from this Newsweek article:

While the case remains open, a popular theory for the motive behind the murders was a heated custody battle between Jake and Hanna's daughter Sophia. The theory has not been proven, but prior to the killings, Hanna was given full custody of the 4-year-old.

No, last time I checked the perps have been arrested and are preparing for trial. It's not "open". LE is not looking for new suspects.

Another article from the Chillicothe Gazette with a lot of good photos.

5 things to know about the murder case involving the Rhodens and Wagners in Pike County

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member