IN IN - Dr. Promila Mehta-Paul, 70, Munster, 21 March 2011 *Guilty plea to amended charges*

I just wish I could figure out what he did with HER vehicle. I grew up down the street from her office, and lived Munster for a time as well. Lake County Indiana is heavily populated - basically a contiguous city with Chicago.

You have to go really far to get anywhere you or I would consider 'remote'. There are certainly very, very few places to hide a vehicle. It must be in water somewhere (I think all the missing vehicle/ people combos are in water - that's just me. My cousin was almost a missing person after he accidentally drove into a reservoir and drowned.)

Maybe he'll let slip to a cell mate - wishful thinking.

Ind. doctor's 2011 disappearance now a cold case

Two years after a northwestern Indiana doctor vanished, her disappearance has become a cold case investigated by police only when they receive new tips.

[snip]

Authorities said that Mehta-Paul's eldest son remains the primary person of interest in the case. Paul M. Fontaine, 40, is serving a prison term until April 2014 on forgery charges stemming from when he tried to sell his mother's car six months after she disappeared.

[snip]

"It's really frustrating," he said. "It's like knowing who stole your purse but not being able to prove it."

More Than Two Years Later, No Break In Ind. Eye Doctor’s Disappearance

For two years now, police in Munster, Ind. have been searching for an eye doctor who vanished.

[snip]

Police say one of the doctor’s sons, Paresh Paul, is still considered a person of interest. He has never been charged in connection with his mother’s disappearance.

He was detained by border patrol days after she vanished — he was walking back across from Mexico — and hasn’t talked to police since.

Dr. Mehta-Paul’s DNA is now part of a missing persons database, in case it turns up somewhere.

More: http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/05...er-no-break-in-ind-eye-doctors-disappearance/

NamUs - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10206/0/

Ind. doctor's 2011 disappearance now a cold case

Two years after a northwestern Indiana doctor vanished, her disappearance has become a cold case investigated by police only when they receive new tips.

[snip]

Authorities said that Mehta-Paul's eldest son remains the primary person of interest in the case. Paul M. Fontaine, 40, is serving a prison term until April 2014 on forgery charges stemming from when he tried to sell his mother's car six months after she disappeared.

[snip]

"It's really frustrating," he said. "It's like knowing who stole your purse but not being able to prove it."

bbm

I can't find any new articles on this case but wonder if a few will appear when he gets out? Just wanted to bump this incase someone can find any newer info.

About danged time!

Horrific- and the neighbors! Ugh

Last edited:
About danged time!

Horrific- and the neighbors! Ugh

I absolutely agree. I was in the area for my studies about a few years ago when I first heard about it and I even knew they should have arrested this guy right away.

I absolutely agree. I was in the area for my studies about a few years ago when I first heard about it and I even knew they should have arrested this guy right away.
I used to live in Munster as a little kid. Sickening.

Munster doctor's disappearance looks like classic no-body homicide, FBI says

Lake Criminal Court Magistrate Natalie Bokota, who presided over Tuesday’s bail hearing on behalf of Judge Samuel L. Cappas, said she will decide in early spring whether the totality of the circumstantial evidence adds up to a strong enough case of murder to keep Fontaine locked up until he stands trial.

Fontaine, 47, of Las Vegas, is pleading not guilty. He has been in custody since his arrest a year ago after a cold case investigation by Chonowski, who works for the FBI’s Gang Response Investigative Team.

Son released after plea in Munster doctor’s disappearance
Jul 16, 2021
A man charged in connection with his mother’s 2011 disappearance was freed Tuesday on time served after a judge accepted his plea agreement.

Paul M. Fontaine, also known as Paresh Daman Paul, 48, pleaded guilty to amended charges — obstruction of justice, a class D felony and failure to report a dead body, a class A misdemeanor.
[...]
As part of the deal, he was required to give police any information he had on his mother, Dr. Promila Mehta-Paul, long presumed dead. In exchange, prosecutors agreed to drop his murder charge.
[...]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire