Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still highly, highly, highly doubt this was self-harm. If it was, there would have been no reason to do it on that exact day, with her kids & young grandkids expecting her. Wouldn’t it have been easier to, say, call in sick on a weekday & do it then? That would’ve given her an entire work day’s head start before anyone even suspected something was wrong.
Also, there are easier, less painful methods than burning to death in one’s vehicle. Why not choose a method that would, at least, allow her family the “closure” of seeing her physical form one last time to say goodbye, & to have something more than ashes to lay to rest?
Not to mention, there has been no mention anywhere of her having any current or past mental health problems or suicidal ideation.
I really hope investigators can get to the bottom of this. I will be beyond shocked if it turns out to be a case of self-harm.
Agreed. Still haven’t changed my mind about the perp either. It makes perfect sense to me that the family is quiet too.

Found this... son dedicating basketball season to mom. Not one word about cause, but maybe that could be telling in a way... No outrage for justice?

When Coach told us, 'My mom would have wanted me to come back and coach and do this for you all,' we were like, 'We got to do this for his mom. We can't let him down,’ " Wilson recalled. “So we went out and won him a regional championship. We came up short for sectionals, but that's our coach. If he has to go through something like that, we got to stick with him.”

Wins and losses aside, Ryan said he will always cherish the 2018-19 team for how the Corsairs helped his family through a difficult time.

“They rallied around me and my brother, and I told them I will never in my life forget what you guys did in the last month,” Ryan said. “That speaks to the character of all these guys.

“I can’t thank them enough.”
Carmel's emotional season ends with loss to DePaul Prep in 3A sectional semis

Bumping. What on earth happened to Kathleen?!

I've been checking the Lake County, IL government site for an updated press release from the sheriff, or the report of the "preliminary cause of death" by Dr. Howard Cooper, the coroner, but I have not found either. I, too, think it's odd that a case that got a lot of press coverage in the first few weeks has not gotten any follow up since in regard to her cause of death, or even a short article to reassure the public that there is still a police investigation taking place. The only articles I've seen are about her sons and the basketball team they coach.

Does Lake County government have an obligation to release any more information to the public? I am wondering what the law if concerning a death that was suspicious. If the family asks not to have it made public, is that respected?

Does Lake County government have an obligation to release any more information to the public? I am wondering what the law if concerning a death that was suspicious. If the family asks not to have it made public, is that respected?

I suppose LE might honor such a request, but right now it is making it seem as though L.e is not investigating at all, which is not a good look. They should say one way or another whether the death investigation is closed or ongoing. And if open, why not asking for tips, video, etc...very strange.

Lake County IL Sheriffs Office Facebook post on 2/2/19:
**Warren Township Death Investigation**

On February 2, 2019, at approximately 9:50PM, Lake County Sheriff’s Deputies were dispatched to an address in the 36500 block of North Route 41, Warren Township, for a report of a vehicle on fire. Gurnee Firefighters arrived and extinguished the fire.

After the fire was extinguished, firefighters and sheriff’s deputies observed a badly burned body inside the vehicle. Notification was made to the Lake County Coroner’s Office and coroner’s staff responded to the scene.

An inspection of the vehicle revealed it had been previously driven by a woman reported as missing from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Identification of the body located inside the car has not yet been confirmed.

The investigation into this incident remains ongoing by the Lake County Sheriff’s Office, Lake County Coroner’s Office, and Office of the State Fire Marshal.

Further information will be released as it becomes available.

Lake County IL Sheriff's Office

Attached is the Lake County IL Sheriffs Office Facebook post where they’ve confirmed KRs identity.
It’s been 8+ weeks and if there was anything left to test, we should be hearing about it. It could be since the body was so damaged its taking longer. Hoping they are quietly investigating and the family has answers soon.

Attachments

• AE94E4C7-8C0F-4548-BED4-35674C15D415.jpeg
    AE94E4C7-8C0F-4548-BED4-35674C15D415.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 16
I hope and pray this case is eventually (sooner rather than later) solved. This happened, apparently, in broad daylight. I feel that beautiful little car she was driving may have been a magnet for low lifes looking to target a lone female. JMO, of course. This just sounds so much like the Elvia Fragstein case. She was kidnapped by two thugs in broad daylight in front of TJ Maxx. Her body found later and her car burned. The cameras helped catch her killer. I am hoping/praying that LE has checked all stores and gas stations she may have stopped at (she usually brought treats for her grandchildren's teams) on her way to that game. She had to stop somewhere for the thugs to get at her, unless they somehow forced her off the road (that would, of course, be out of camera range most likely).

This case just haunts me. I have a daughter near her age who attends grandkid's games. These thugs don't work so are constantly, daily, out looking for victims, IMO.

I drive this stretch often and think of Kathleen. There are only “so many” exits between South Milwaukee and Gurnee. It’s unnerving to realize that any stop I make on that route could harbor a murderer, (still on the prowl) . . . At least that’s one possibility.

Remember the woman who went missing and was found in a drainage ditch? That was ruled a suicide, and hope this one is not also. Both very strange.

Was that the woman who wandered off and was missing for months in Southern WI?

That's a non-sequitur. Absolutely, beggars can and do kill.

Woman killed after giving money to panhandler in Baltimore was engineer who had been out dancing with husband

They’re using this ruse as panhandlers to get the attention of their would-be victims,” Tuggle said. “We also want to caution the public about engaging with panhandlers and recognizing that not all of them have honest intent. Not all of them have real need.”

I know this was posted some time ago, but just in case thought I would point out, turns out the husband and step-daughter made up the story about the panhandlers and both have been arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd