Found Deceased SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, 29 March 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if his gf works night shift in a bar, he picks her up every night she works, lingering in the former Exxon lot until he sees her. He thought he saw her, whips his murder mobile into the HC spot & Samantha gets in, he thinks ‘easy money, I’ll drive around the block, rob her, put her out, go back & get gf’. But after pulling over to rob & put Samantha out, she starts fighting like he77, he pushes her back into the car, ultimately stabbing her to death.
She may have even found something to use as a weapon in the backseat.
Now, for this scenario to work, his gf was stranded, prob pissed off about no ride home. He then hides Samantha, maybe crashes in his car a few hours, never going home until gf is at work again. She prob called or texted & he told her he had passed out at a party, blah blah. He knew he best be there to pick her up the next night, come he77 or high water, so he risks it.
Why on earth would he think he could pick anyone up in such a public area & get away with it? IMO, he’d have to be very high or intoxicated.

So I’ve actually done this once. Gotten into a car I thought was my Uber. I had forgotten my ID so I U reed back to my house. I tracked the car (but didn’t check the vehicle type etc) and a guy pulled up and rolled his window down. My Uber was right behind this guy. I hopped in and started to tell him where to go. He was Spanish and didn’t speak English. I thought it was odd but I had been drinking. I was literally riding in this dudes car for about 7-10 min when my phone rings and it’s my Uber driver. He asked where I was and I said I’m in your Uber, or so I thought. He was like you’re not in my Uber. Get out now. I aggressively tapped dude on the shoulder and asked if he was an Uber and said “naw”! I screamed for him to pull over and he did immediately. I got out and my original Uber driver kept me on the phone until he reached me. I was so scared!! Anything could have happened! Looking back he was probably just some horny dude that saw a hot chick downtown and decided to “holler” at me. Then my dumbass got in his car. I won’t make that mistake again. I’m sure something similar happened with this girl but obviously it wasn’t so innocent :(. My friends daughter goes to school there and my own sister samantha also went there. The whole town is shook :(

I have only heard of this case.
So often we take risks, unaware of the consequences.
In your case, as soon as you realized your mistake, you managed to get away.
This could have been you.
However, you may have remained in this car, if you thought you were safe, only to find...........:(:(:(

How often, we trust whom we have just met: have drinks, ride home, walking and jogging in deserted areas, share personal details etc.
It takes, a case like this, to make us aware, to take more care, in everyday life, whatever we may be doing.
When I look back, about all the times, I have trusted someone, to find later, 'what a mistake', I realize 'how lucky I have been'.
My friends now, state, I am over cautious, and it is only through bad experiences, and being on Websleuths that I am more careful.
MOO.

Oh, wow, so apparently the car belongs to them, not him.
So then if he was really passed out at a party, and someone else borrowed his car, I imagine we will be hearing about that very soon. If not, then they had better get a good lawyer!
Can't wait to hear him explain why he ran. Jmo

My husband is a driver for Uber/Lyft. Together we have 5 kids, including 3 beautiful girls ages 21, 22, and 23. This story hurts my heart but PSA out of 2 years of driving, ONE person has asked for my husbands ID. Out of 2 years of driving only “1 in about 50” according to him check his license plate number.

>>>> respectfully snipped by borndem <<<<

Many thanks to you for that very fine post -- I'm sure many of us and/or our children use Uber or Lyft -- It's a great service, but we do need to be careful -- IMO a cab/cabdriver should also be checked to his/her picture that should be in the cab.
This is a horror from which many nightmares will result.
IMO this could happen again.

And one more thing,

Welcome to Websleuths,
Downtownbrown !!

Last edited:
Oh cool. His friend used his car, returning it full of blood.
Yeah, I always hate when this happens. What a stupid comment. Not surprising though.
Jmo

There was a video after the one with the parents that was worth watching too. Mostly about Uber, being safe, etc. but had a former bar owner that knew her who actually is a designated driver often and has had people jump in his car. It also showed a couple of taxis that had both the Uber and Lyft decals as we were talking earlier so I guess it is pretty common.

With regard to the parents, it is not difficult to understand I guess. He sounds like once he sees him he will know what is the truth and I think he believes he can tell if he is telling him the truth once he sees him. While we did not see the driver, it is a bit hard to believe it was anyone else but I guess it is possible but the person would have had to know where to dump her in Clarendon, etc. I doubt it. Yet it is still odd this guy seems to have gone from zero to 100. BUT he also was driving his own car full of evidence and he did not realize it? Why did he run?? I don't buy it. I hope there is tracking for purchase of bleach and wipes, etc. I am sure they are also looking for more video and his timeline that day, etc. I do not doubt already that there is enough that that story will not fly... We shall see I guess.

Hello, new poster here.
It's my understanding that he does not have a child, but that he is an "involved uncle". I also heard that he had blood in his ear when arrested - not sure of that who the blood belonged to.
Additionally, he was said to be "clean cut" when younger, but now involved with drugs.
There was mention of the video being shortened, in prior posts - this appears to be very possible,
NR spoke about "putting ice " on his love interest recently. If this interest/gf/significant other is who typically liked his FB posts (and vice versa), she appeared to have highlighted hair in her FB profile pic - almost a silvery purple, kind of sparkly. She seems to have removed her FB page, and her association with NR on FB.

His fantasy outweighed his love of his death mobile, imo.
Hopefully, he will have a lot of years to regret his decision, he had the opportunity to immediately tell her “hey, wrong car.”
I wonder if his passenger at arrest works in the area & that is why he was there in the first place, to pick her up? Next night at appx same time, he’s back again & does pick her up? Just an idea.

if that is true, what was his explanation for not picking her up the night before? a bloody deer dove into his car and he had to extricate it and try to clean up ? I am imagining that the mystery woman in his car is a girl friend, one of the sisters, or someone who works with him in a legal or illegal capacity. maybe he told her something about the blood, even if not the truth.

Oh, wow, so apparently the car belongs to them, not him.
So then if he was really passed out at a party, and someone else borrowed his car, I imagine we will be hearing about that very soon. If not, then they had better get a good lawyer!
Can't wait to hear him explain why he ran. Jmo

Yeah, solved the car mystery. He prob told them he needed it to get a job. Lol.
I’m not surprised his parents are defending him. I expect it in all cases. No parent wants to believe their child is a criminal.
Why can’t his parents visit is my big question.

I noticed that guy, too—my immediate thought was that perhaps he, too, was waiting for an Uber, and peered at the car and driver to try to determine whether or not the Impala was there for him. Speaking from my own experience, I have done the same thing—I called an Uber to pick me and my partner up after a concert ended in a major city in the Northeast, and quickly discovered that all the other concert-goers had done the same! I walked up and down the street for at least 10 minutes or so, examining each one of the idling cars that had lined up outside the concert hall to see if it matched the make/model of my assigned ride (and it’s much harder than you’d think to tell a VW Jetta from a Passat, or a Hyundai Sonata from an Accent, when it’s dark and late and you’re tired—the only reason we found our Uber is because I finally connected with the driver (using his phone number, which is available through the Uber app, IIRC) and he directed us to the cross street where he was waiting. If that guy in the video had been told to look out for a Chevy Impala with a male driver (an assumption he’d likely have made, based on the driver’s first name), it might explain why he’d be staring intently at the perp’s car as it awaited its passenger.

Yes he seems to be interested for some reason and in the car or who is in it or some such. There must be different footage and angles because the latest one I watched a few times in a newscast did not show it the same or maybe even show that guy.

You know, at least what you had happen at the concert, since you had so many of them, you knew you had to double check so that is a good thing I guess. I do imagine in the dark it is more difficult than one would think.

Every case to me is a bit of a wake up call and I learn something new. The child locks here have been something I was unaware of (that there were any on the back in some cars).

We are pretty relaxed about trusting our taxi is our taxi, although we do run into where more than one from the same company is present on occasion so we of course ask then... However, where I am talking about is nowhere near the size of Indy, yet as we know, it could happen anywhere...

if that is true, what was his explanation for not picking her up the night before? a bloody deer dove into his car and he had to extricate it and try to clean up ? I am imagining that the mystery woman in his car is a girl friend, one of the sisters, or someone who works with him in a legal or illegal capacity. maybe he told her something about the blood, even if not the truth.

Idk, Speculating.......
It makes zero sense he thought he could kidnap someone from such a busy area. IMO
I think his excuse to anyone he was picking up might have been “I was passed out”, prob why the parents say he was passed out. She’s prob talked to his dad, imo.
Idk how or if he explained the blood. I suppose he probably said someone drove the car while he was passed out.

What if his gf works night shift in a bar, he picks her up every night she works, lingering in the former Exxon lot until he sees her. He thought he saw her, whips his murder mobile into the HC spot & Samantha gets in, he thinks ‘easy money, I’ll drive around the block, rob her, put her out, go back & get gf’. But after pulling over to rob & put Samantha out, she starts fighting like he77, he pushes her back into the car, ultimately stabbing her to death.
She may have even found something to use as a weapon in the backseat.
Now, for this scenario to work, his gf was stranded, prob pissed off about no ride home. He then hides Samantha, maybe crashes in his car a few hours, never going home until gf is at work again. She prob called or texted & he told her he had passed out at a party, blah blah. He knew he best be there to pick her up the next night, come he77 or high water, so he risks it.
Why on earth would he think he could pick anyone up in such a public area & get away with it? IMO, he’d have to be very high or intoxicated.

I could see working with a theory like that... If we knew it was a gf and that she worked there that would fit. I could see any gf being really ticked if he was gone basically all night. Like you say too, he maybe could not go home until she went to work, etc. A party and passing out fits (but is a lie), etc.

My issue with I think of various things like this too but it angers me at myself because it would allow him to possibly argue that he had no premeditation (with regard to murder)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member