Found Deceased Ireland - Ruth Maguire, 30, vanished during hen party, Carlingford, Co Louth, Leinster, 16 Mar 2019

A YOUNG mum who died after vanishing during a hen night will be buried in the wedding dress she didn't get to walk down the aisle in.
Mum who died after vanishing during Louth hen night to be buried in wedding dress

Article goes on to state:

"Ruth had put out a short video with no sound on Instagram at 12.12am on Sunday and that was the last time she used her phone.

"But on that image there was a picture of a doorway to a small cottage across the road from the entrance to the pier and that's what triggered the whole search in the lough."

Heartbroken sister of tragic Ruth Maguire remembers moment 'panic set in'

The sister of tragic Ruth Maguire has spoken about the moment "panic set in" with the mother of three went missing.

Rachel Wilkinson also called for safety barriers to be put up around the pier in Carlingford, Co Louth where Ruth fell to her death.

[...]

Thank you for this. From your link, I found there was an Irish AM interview with her sister here, but I can't get it to play.

Ireland AM - Wednesday, 03 April 2019

Thank you for this. From your link, I found there was an Irish AM interview with her sister here, but I can't get it to play.

Ireland AM - Wednesday, 03 April 2019
Found this on Facebook:

Ireland AM

Less than three weeks ago, mum of three Ruth Maguire travelled to Carlingford for her friend's hen party. Ruth left the party early and tragically her body was found 36 hours later in Carlingford Lough.
We caught up with Ruth's sister Rachel Wilkinson as she remembered her fun, sporty, caring sister and told us what she feels needs to be done to prevent accidents like this from happening again...

How sad: :(

Ruth Maguire tried to call home on night of Carlingford tragedy

Her devastated partner found two missed calls on his work mobile, which he had forgotten to take home with him

Ruth had called her fiance James Griffin twice to ask for a lift home on Saturday March 16 - the night she died.

Her grief-stricken partner of 12 years found the two missed calls on his work mobile, which he had forgotten to take home with him, two weeks after her funeral in North Belfast .

Speaking to the Belfast Telegraph, Ruth's sister Rachel Wilkinson said: "The thing I couldn't work out initially, after Ruth went missing, was that she'd been on her phone but I didn't know what she was doing.

"Then when Jim went back to work two weeks after the funeral, he turned on his work phone and saw that Ruth had called him twice at 12:06am, so it all makes sense now.

"Jim told me that he had to pull over in the car when he saw the missed calls, he was devastated, but in a way it's comforting for us to know that she was trying to get home to her family before she died."

The family will also host a fundraiser next month for Newcastle RNLI who found Ruth's body.

Rachel added: "Ruth wasn't a party girl on a hen night who ended up in the Lough.

"Ruth lived for her children, she was a lovely family person, a great mum and a fantastic human being."

"Jim told me that he had to pull over in the car when he saw the missed calls, he was devastated, but in a way it's comforting for us to know that she was trying to get home to her family before she died."

The family will also host a fundraiser next month for Newcastle RNLI who found Ruth's body.

Rachel added: "Ruth wasn't a party girl on a hen night who ended up in the Lough.

"Ruth lived for her children, she was a lovely family person, a great mum and a fantastic human being."

This is heartbreaking. I wonder if that picture she took of her location was one she planned to send to her husband to show him where to pick her up. :(

Absolutely devastating. I found it hard to read the article without it bringing tears to my eyes. My heart goes out to her fiancé, children and the rest of her family and friends. I am heartbroken for them all.

I hope they ran toxicology tests, etc. If Ruth wasn't much for alcoholic drinks, I wonder if something was slipped into whatever she was drinking that made her disoriented.

And wow, so very sad about the missed calls to her fiancé.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back