Found Deceased SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, 29 March 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of people have wondered how he could overpower her while she was in backseat but I dont think it would be that difficult if he had a weapon. All it would take is one stab at her and she would retreat back away from the knife. Then he would drive somewhere where he could really attack her.

Ted Bundy was a master of overpowering woman in his vehicle and sometimes just outside his vehicle before throwing them inside. And he had a small volkswagon.

"Once near or inside his vehicle the victim would be overpowered, bludgeoned, and restrained with handcuffs. Most were sexually assaulted and strangled, either at the primary crime scene or (more commonly) after transport to a pre-selected secondary site, often a considerable distance away"

Ted Bundy - Wikipedia

Good point, Hatfield, I think he somehow had her hands either handcuffed or zip tied, the reason I say this is there were no defensive wounds on her hands mentioned. I still am open about someone helping him though.

Lol. The real perp prob found NR phone in the car, when he borrowed it. Not

I’m sure many of you have heard the proposal for Uber &
Lyft provide their drivers with a large neon type light to display in the rear window. Excellent idea. However, a lot of Uber drivers in my area only drive a week or two, in between jobs. Once hired elsewhere, they quit driving.
So, I assume the company would need to withhold the final paycheck until the driver returns the light. This wouldn’t be foolproof either. A driver might get paid, decide to not drive again, but still has possession of the light. Maybe they will need to put a hefty deposit on the light, refundable when returned.
All of this is applicable only if either company goes with this proposed plan.
I heard this on national news. No link available but more to come, surely.

Yeah, i agree something more will come in the future because Uber and Lyft will want to prevent this sort of thing from happening as much as they can.

In NYC the yellow cabs had to have a metal "medallion" literally bolted onto their car.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/09/139-taxi-medallions-will-be-offered-at-bankruptcy-auction/

For me, there are two things that are strange. One is the cause of death. What exactly are “sharp force injuries”? If she was stabbed, just say it. We’ve all heard reports that say “stabbed multiple times with an unknown weapon”. Maybe she wasn’t stabbed exactly, like with a knife, but some weapon that would cause penetrating wounds if you hit someone with it.
The biggest question is why she didn’t call 911 once she realized she was in the wrong car. I have tried to think of scenarios that would prevent her from calling and I am thinking she was rendered unconscious rather quickly.
Here’s a theory to ponder. She is in the backseat, confined to one small part of the backseat because of the child seat. She gets a text from the Uber driver and realizes she is in the wrong car and tells NR he better stop and let her out or she’s calling 911. He has a crowbar or something similar on the seat beside him, grabs it and swings back at her to keep her from doing that. Strikes her one or more times and she is unconscious and bleeding heavily in his backseat. Some point later he goes to get her out of the car. She is awake now and fighting and kicking at him which is how she get wounds to her feet.
Problem with this theory is nothing in the coroners report that we saw mentions being beaten in any way which if you are hit in this manner you should look beaten. So weapon-wise it’s a kinda shaky. I do think however that the reason she didn’t call 911 was because she couldn’t. She had been knocked unconscious in some manner.

Or it happened too quickly.
He may have stopped the car, to allow her to get out of the car.
Unexpected violence occurred, before she could phone 911.
MOO.

Lol. The real perp prob found NR phone in the car, when he borrowed it. Not

I’m sure many of you have heard the proposal for Uber &
Lyft provide their drivers with a large neon type light to display in the rear window. Excellent idea. However, a lot of Uber drivers in my area only drive a week or two, in between jobs. Once hired elsewhere, they quit driving.
So, I assume the company would need to withhold the final paycheck until the driver returns the light. This wouldn’t be foolproof either. A driver might get paid, decide to not drive again, but still has possession of the light. Maybe they will need to put a hefty deposit on the light, refundable when returned.
All of this is applicable only if either company goes with this proposed plan.
I heard this on national news. No link available but more to come, surely.

Good point about the light being returned, maybe there's a way for Lyft to digitally operate it, so that when you're not on duty it's off and can't be turned on by the driver.

I would like to see more help connecting the patron to the drivers in areas like 5 points, after concerts, congested gatherings, etc...like temp parking spaces or lots for Uber/Lyft, etc... I just keep thinking about all of the people standing around her the night she hopped into that car. Surely there's a way help with that. Anyone else have any thoughts about that?

So for those who are familiar, the Rosewood ping would mean a detour to get to New Zion? Maybe that's where he incapacitated her in Rosewood. See map

Google Maps
That's what I think, but of course no proof. I think he zipped down S. Ott to Montgomery and incapacitated her, perhaps even killing her there, before hauling butt to New Zion. Also, Richland County has charged him with both kidnapping and murder, which means they think he committed both acts in Richland County.

I have seen the app hang from the passenger side of things too. Drivers who cannot find the location with GPS and more.

You drive for Uber? Be nice to have your input here on this case, even though Uber was not responsible, I do wonder if she had been waiting awhile, already thought one Uber was her car, etc. and was just relieved to see the car she did get into and thinking it had finally arrived by that point...

I have screenshots of app showing 0 feet from passenger and app saying charging for wait time and the location is two miles away. Other pics app showing a left turn, going down a quarter of a mile, only to double back and then go to the right when a right turn should have been made originally. So many errors, mainly since last January, I was told by Uber on Monday at a Greenlight hub that AT&T has issues with new app that was released in January and other cell carriers as well.

The Rosewood area/neighborhood consists of mostly single family dwellings but there are also apartments and condos. Some of the single family homes are rented out to college students, and have been since I lived there about 40 years ago. It has been in existence since at least the 1940's. It's roughly a triangular area bounded on one side by Rosewood Drive. There are also businesses, churches and schools in the area. It would be Richland One school district.
The ping was said to be at the corner of S. Ott Rd. and Montgomery Ave. You'd have to turn off of Rosewood Drive to get onto S. Ott Rd.

Thank you so much scmom. There is much info here that I did not know and is much of what I wondered. It sounds like areas in other towns/cities that I can identify with where some older homes that were homes back in the day are turned into rentals and some remain as owned? Do I have that about right? Again, many thanks!

I have screenshots of app showing 0 feet from passenger and app saying charging for wait time and the location is two miles away. Other pics app showing a left turn, going down a quarter of a mile, only to double back and then go to the right when a right turn should have been made originally. So many errors, mainly since last January, I was told by Uber on Monday at a Greenlight hub that AT&T has issues with new app that was released in January and other cell carriers as well.

In your experience, do you find your passengers use caution, or do they simply hop in?
I have done both.
Usually I’m with small group so we get an SUV.

That's what I think, but of course no proof. I think he zipped down S. Ott to Montgomery and incapacitated her, perhaps even killing her there, before hauling butt to New Zion. Also, Richland County has charged him with both kidnapping and murder, which means they think he committed both acts in Richland County.

Maybe at/near that Lester Bates Park.

Last edited:
Thank you so much scmom. There is much info here that I did not know and is much of what I wondered. It sounds like areas in other towns/cities that I can identify with where some older homes that were homes back in the day are turned into rentals and some remain as owned? Do I have that about right? Again, many thanks!
Yes, ilovechili, that's right.

Good point, Hatfield, I think he somehow had her hands either handcuffed or zip tied, the reason I say this is there were no defensive wounds on her hands mentioned. I still am open about someone helping him though.

She could have been holding the child carseat and using it as a shield, such that her hands and arms were not exposed.

She could have been holding the child carseat and using it as a shield, such that her hands and arms were not exposed.

Are they not difficult to remove?
I am under the impression the car was used by other family members, hence the car seat. I don’t think his idea of cruising & looking cool included a car seat.

Great point about where he is charged with the murder.

To me, IF there is no second person in the car, he had to stop somewhere (home, on a street, at a friend's, in a driveway, etc.) to even incapacitate her. Sure, he could reach back and hit at her while driving or even stab at her, etc. but while that may put one in fear, it also will bring fight or flight into play (all are different but just guessing). She likely tried to open the door, the window, etc. or even started trying to hit at him with something while still on a main drag and in the city. Pulling off may have been planned or as a result of what was going on in the car and his need to stop her.

jmo.

That sounds so similar to what we had recently happen. Twice. And it was our last two times, this year.

What gets me is she could have been Waiting for a lift from anyone not necessarily Uber. To think an opportunist got that lucky with the similar vehicle and right place /right time is IM very Humble opinion no coincidence
Maybe he has done this before. A crowd of people, waiting for rides and he pulls up, unlocks door, like fishing.

Last edited:
Great point about where he is charged with the murder.

To me, IF there is no second person in the car, he had to stop somewhere (home, on a street, at a friend's, in a driveway, etc.) to even incapacitate her. Sure, he could reach back and hit at her while driving or even stab at her, etc. but while that may put one in fear, it also will bring fight or flight into play (all are different but just guessing). She likely tried to open the door, the window, etc. or even started trying to hit at him with something while still on a main drag and in the city. Pulling off may have been planned or as a result of what was going on in the car and his need to stop her.

jmo.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

That is kind of what I figure may have happened. At some point during his drive she realizes she cannot get out and he is not going to let her out and he brings out a weapon like a knife to threaten her or even stab back at her which makes her retreat away from him and then he finds the next available secluded spot to stop the car and open the back door to finish his attack on her.

At least that is how I envision what may have happened. Its all pointing to him full of rage and viciously attacking her after he stops his car. Which is why I think he was drunk himself or on drugs or both which could have contributed to his rage.

Him being drunk or on drugs coincides with the parents talking about him being passed out. Maybe he passed out after the whole event was over and he ended up going to crash at wherever he normally crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects