Found Deceased SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, 29 March 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this reminds me:

When Sami opened the door to his vehicle, the interior light did not go on, or else we would have been able to see the upholstry color, and the presence of someone in the driver’s seat, or possibly in the front passenger seat.

So did he intentionally disable the interior light?

If he did, he planned this or an abduction in general or he had it disabled often so no one could see anything inside his vehicle, himself included...

In your experience, do you find your passengers use caution, or do they simply hop in?
I have done both.
Usually I’m with small group so we get an SUV.

That is a mixed bag, I have done 1300 rides, some are very cautious others are not, verbally greeting me by name, since I use two cars and app has issues, there are times when wrong car shows up and passenger is expecting another color/license plate but never has been an issue. Riders at night seem to be less cautious and it should be the other way around.

Child proof locks engaged and interior lights out...

It crossed my mind earlier that the locks also mean the windows were likely locked so she could not reach out and yell, etc. at a stop light. The specs on his year and model of car, they would be two different buttons I believe, engaging the locks would not engage the windows. So add that to the interior light and we possibly have three intentional acts...

That is a mixed bag, I have done 1300 rides, some are very cautious others are not, verbally greeting me by name, since I use two cars and app has issues, there are times when wrong car shows up and passenger is expecting another color/license plate but never has been an issue. Riders at night seem to be less cautious and it should be the other way around.

Can I ask other posters have mentioned it, I have found it where I am at and I saw MSM video that showed cars like this--do many drivers work for both Lyft and Uber and both companies are okay with it? We had one that did, not sure if her stickers showed just one or both depending on who she was working for. However, we chat up our drivers and she said she worked for both. Then another poster on here said as much that she sees that. And finally I saw video (I think CNN last night posted here, I cannot swear to it but pretty sure) that showed taxis with both stickers in a general story unrelated to that fact altogether.

In relating that to this case, do both (if you know) have the same safety guidelines like check the plate, the driver will know your name and a picture provided? So those driving for both would do the same things for each employer when picking up a passenger?

Teddy Kulmala on Twitter
The memorial at the Five Points fountain for @UofSC student #SamanthaJosephson has grown a lot in two days. Many mourners have written notes on rocks, and one left a personalized note in some flowers. One person left a chocolate Russell Stover Easter candy shaped like a cross.
D3MOfJYXkAA36Bc.jpg

D3MOfJVX4AAEx6m.jpg

D3MOfJZWAAAN0BG.jpg

D3MOfJWX4AA4GqX.jpg

Scanned really quick and don't think this has been posted. If you live in the south, you (especially) understand the racial implications of this case. Small town SC, people are afraid to talk for fear of retaliation. My heart aches. However, it sounds as if the diligent police work is paying off.

CPD, SLED uncover “valuable information” about suspect charged in killing of Samantha Josephson
Oh wow, this says NR went to high school with the two turkey hunters who found SJ's body. MOO

Oh wow, this says NR went to high school with the two turkey hunters who found SJ's body. MOO
That stood out to me, too. Clarendon Co. is small, Mount Zion is even smaller. I went to high school in a similar, rural, SC town (and I teach there now!) and everybody knows everybody somehow. We don't have six degrees of Kevin Bacon; we have two degrees of your momma's cousin. :) That could help or hinder this investigation...

Child proof locks engaged and interior lights out...
I don't believe the child proof was engaged when SJ ENTERED the vehicle because rear door could not have been opened, correct?

If so, there should be no affect on dome light when she got in.

MOO

ETA: doors can be opened from outside when child proof lock on.

Last edited:
Scanned really quick and don't think this has been posted. If you live in the south, you (especially) understand the racial implications of this case. Small town SC, people are afraid to talk for fear of retaliation. My heart aches. However, it sounds as if the diligent police work is paying off.

CPD, SLED uncover “valuable information” about suspect charged in killing of Samantha Josephson

I do not live in small town SC, but just seeing comments on the suspect's Facebook made me imagine people with animus to begin turning against each other. Curious if the suspect has had any friend die recently or has had anything happen to him that would make him more likely to act out. His background really does not seem like the background of a murderer. IMHO.

Can I ask other posters have mentioned it, I have found it where I am at and I saw MSM video that showed cars like this--do many drivers work for both Lyft and Uber and both companies are okay with it? We had one that did, not sure if her stickers showed just one or both depending on who she was working for. However, we chat up our drivers and she said she worked for both. Then another poster on here said as much that she sees that. And finally I saw video (I think CNN last night posted here, I cannot swear to it but pretty sure) that showed taxis with both stickers in a general story unrelated to that fact altogether.

In relating that to this case, do both (if you know) have the same safety guidelines like check the plate, the driver will know your name and a picture provided? So those driving for both would do the same things for each employer when picking up a passenger?

Stickers do not matter, anyone can purchase stickers and lights on Ebay for practically nothing, 10 bucks and they can be well dressed in lights for both Uber and Lyft, I am sure he did not have anything but they are so ready available that it would be easy Use to be red light bandits....Now Uber
lights
uber light | eBay

Last edited:
I don't believe the child proof was engaged when SJ ENTERED the vehicle because rear door could not have been opened, correct?

If so, there should be no affect on dome light when she got in.

MOO
I think the rear doors can be opened from the outside but not from the inside when child locks are activated.

If he did, he planned this or an abduction in general or he had it disabled often so no one could see anything inside his vehicle, himself included...

I do know people that turn the interior light settings off. In fact I know several women that have their interior light setting to off because they have small kids & don’t want them to wake up.
Mr. & Mrs. R prob babysat often, imo. Hence the car seat.

ETA: the bulb may need to be replaced.
Also, some cars only activate the dome light when the front doors are opened, I think.

Last edited:
I think the rear doors can be opened from the outside but not from the inside when child locks are activated.

Right. We finally figured this out, lol. I guess those of us w/o kids know little of the childproof lock feature.
My control is on the door panel.

Stickers do not matter, anyone can purchase stickers and lights on Ebay for practically nothing, 10 bucks and they can be well dressed in lights for both Uber and Lyft, I am sure he did not have anything but they are so ready available that it would be easy Use to be red light bandits....Now Uber
lights
uber light | eBay
Yea, I know of locals that drive for both.

I wonder what this is all about

One business owner said Rowland stopped in last week and while he didn’t say anything, the owner got a weird vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288