Australia Australia - Matthew Bale, 38, Geordie Bay, WA, 21 March 2016

ElemenohP

Reaction score
http://www.communitynews.com.au/news/Police-concerned-for-missing-man-Matthew-Bale/7685256

12936619_1203731292993654_7273036908390870451_n.jpg

Matthew James Bale, 38, was last seen on March 21 at 6 p.m. near Geordie Bay on Rottnest Island. At the time of his disappearance, he was wearing a yellow Hawaiian shirt, black and white shorts, and black thongs.

https://www.facebook.com/WA.Police/posts/1203731729660277

I thought I would post up on this thread. Matthew's disappearance was recently featured on the "Leave A Light On Inc" Facebook page Leave A Light On Inc

There is not much information available to the public about his disappearance. I have been to Rotto (Rottnest Island) many times. I found this disappearance hard to comprehend. Who was Matthew there with? Where were his belongings found? Maybe he purchased another ticket and was on the Ferry home. It would be very unusual to just disappear from this location. Anyone else have any further information??

Last edited:
"On the afternoon of March 21 this year the delightful Matthew Bale went missing on Rottnest Island and has not been seen since, so his wife Kate Hulett wants to do her own search for him on Rottnest. Police have searched the populated parts of the island but Kate now wants to see if Matt is in one of the more remote parts.

Matthew and Kate have been very active at Fremantle’s Many 6100 at Kings Square and well-known to many shoppers for their the Kate & Able hat shop.

Kate wrote on Facebook:

For my own peace of mind – and for my best friend, and husband, Matt – I am asking for help from friends of ours, to search the rest of Rottnest, so we can rule-out him being on the land. This is the uninhabited, rough, shrubby parts of Rotto. Its not a fun task, and it will be hard work walking through scrub and looking under trees and through dense foliage. Of course, it’s not an activity suitable for everyone, and it’s absolutely not a measure of your friendship if you do or don’t come! Honestly, I can’t articulate how well supported and loved I’ve felt over the past six weeks!
But – if you are fairly fit and can offer a day’s help searching an allocated area – that would be super. The search will start on the afternoon of Saturday 21 May, and hopefully be done by Tuesday 24 May in the afternoon. So the full search days will be Sunday 22, Monday 23, and Tuesday 24 May. Rottnest Express have very generously offered free ferry tickets to volunteers, but I need to know names and dates – so if you are able to join us, please send me your email address and availability, so I can arrange things and provide you with more information. via email kate@kateandabel.com

If you have time to help with the search please do contact Kate! It is very heart breaking that this good man has been missing for so long and there is no trace of him." (missing person | Freo's View)

Roel Loopers

More information was found here.. Rotto search fruitless

"Ms Hulett, breaking a media silence to speak to the Chook, says WA police have no leads either.

“There’s always a chance he may be alive somewhere, but it looks like he may have drowned in the ocean and it could be a case of death by misadventure,” she says.

“He was wearing his swimmers when he told me he was going for a walk and there are incredibly strong currents around the island which can easily catch you off guard.

“I have his laptop, mobile and all his clothes so the chances of him planning to run off somewhere are small, but you never know, there are lots of ways to get off the island, so I can’t give up hope.”

I wonder what the weather was like on the day, as this is Geordie Bay, you would have to swim quite far out to be swept away. There are always boats there like in the attached image. I just cannot fathom how you would disappear. There are beach front villas all the way around the bay, how would that be possible?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 2.02.09 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 2.02.09 pm.png
    688.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 2.02.52 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 2.02.52 pm.png
    546.6 KB · Views: 1

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online