GUILTY NY - Jeanine Cammarata, 37, teacher, didn’t show up at work, Staten Island, 30 Mar 2019 *ARRESTS*

It would have to be VERY unusual for a custody exchange to be done at a police station. In fact, I've never heard of that specifically; if a parent has supervised visitation, it's usually at the social worker's office, and I do know that my city has a few public places where parents who are prohibited from being together with their children can drop off and pick up the kids - and they have zero tolerance for any funny stuff.

Did she actually pick up the kids? If so, where did she take them? Were they found alone?

Based on what the story is - in the media, at least - if she had, then wouldn't the last sighting be at the precinct? 9pm seems a little late for exchanges. Was the estranged husband at the precinct with the kids waiting?

One would think that this part of the story as it relates to the timeline would be clearer.

Did she actually pick up the kids? If so, where did she take them? Were they found alone?

Based on what the story is - in the media, at least - if she had, then wouldn't the last sighting be at the precinct? 9pm seems a little late for exchanges. Was the estranged husband at the precinct with the kids waiting?

One would think that this part of the story as it relates to the timeline would be clearer.

These were my same questions that I had about this disappearance.

Friends concerned about NYC teacher, mother missing for over four days | MyCentralOregon.com

[...]

Pobega told WABC that she received an odd text message from Cammarata’s cellphone on Sunday. When Pobega told the person she was calling the police, the person replied, “I don’t want that,” and, “I apologize. I have to do this for the children.” The person also refused to speak on the phone with Pobega.

Cammarata’s three children are being cared for by her estranged husband, according to WABC. He did not respond to requests for an interview.

Police said she was last seen driving a 2017 Chevrolet Cruz. She is listed as 4-foot-11 and about 120 pounds with brown eyes and blonde hair.

“She’s my oldest friend,” Pobega said. “My mother is distraught. Something happened. Something bad happened. And I don’t know what it is and I really hope I’m wrong.”

Friends concerned about NYC teacher, mother missing for over four days | MyCentralOregon.com

[...]

Pobega told WABC that she received an odd text message from Cammarata’s cellphone on Sunday. When Pobega told the person she was calling the police, the person replied, “I don’t want that,” and, “I apologize. I have to do this for the children.” The person also refused to speak on the phone with Pobega.

Cammarata’s three children are being cared for by her estranged husband, according to WABC. He did not respond to requests for an interview.

Police said she was last seen driving a 2017 Chevrolet Cruz. She is listed as 4-foot-11 and about 120 pounds with brown eyes and blonde hair.

“She’s my oldest friend,” Pobega said. “My mother is distraught. Something happened. Something bad happened. And I don’t know what it is and I really hope I’m wrong.”
Well, that is certainly odd.

NYPD asks for help locating missing Staten Island teacher; friends on edge

The girlfriend of her estranged husband, however, said she showed up at their house in Queens late Saturday night before disappearing. The children were at the house with the husband, and have remained in his custody unharmed since their mother went missing, sources said.

Her boyfriend, Aaron, told the Advance she dropped him off Saturday night in New Springville after a shopping trip and said she had plans of picking up her children from her former husband at the 120 Precinct stationhouse in St. George.

The husband’s girlfriend said there was no exchange at the 120, and that Cammarata showed up to the house in Queens instead. She said they had a brief conversation, then Cammarata left and that was the last they saw her.​

Missing Staten Island Mother, Teacher Hasn’t Been Seen Since Saturday

Cammarata is 4 feet 11 inches tall, about 120 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.
Anyone with information about her whereabouts is asked to call NYPD’s Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or 1-888-57-PISTA (74782) for Spanish. You can also submit a tip via the Crime Stoppers website, by Tweeting @NYPDTips or by texting a tip to 274637 (CRIMES) and then entering TIP577."

Source: Teacher texted ‘need a break’ after she was reported missing; police search continues
Source: Teacher texted ‘need a break’ after she was reported missing; police search continues
SQ3AONANSNA3TG7WEF2MSTNMPY.jpg

P.S. 29 teacher Jeanine Cammarata didn't show up for work Tuesday, and missed an important court date Monday, sources told the Advance.
The search continues for Cammarata and a Chevy Cruz with a license plate number of HSK8417 that she reportedly was driving, according to a police spokesman."
rbbm

In the quote below I changed the name of her Dollar Tree co-worker to initials. It is unclear if this is the same co-worker that was questioned.

Strange texts in search for missing NYC public school substitute teacher, mother of 3

She did not show up to work Monday or Tuesday at PS 29 on Staten Island. She also has a second job at a Dollar Tree on Staten Island.

Tuesday night at the Dollar Tree, detectives took her co-worker and boyfriend in for questioning.

Saturday night he called 911 and said she was gone, last seen leaving his New Springville apartment to meet her estranged husband and see their kids.

"She let me know Friday she was going to go pick up her children Saturday," said ET, who works at the Dollar Tree.

"And that's the last anybody actually saw her," said Cammarata's best friend, Jessica P. She received strange text messages from someone claiming to be Jeanine the day after she disappeared.

Jessica wrote she was calling the police. "I don't want that," came the reply. "I have the kids...I apologize. I have to do this for the children."​

Police Searching For Missing Staten Island Teacher

Cammarata, 37, hasn’t been to work at PS29, where she teaches first grade, since Saturday night, when she dropped off her boyfriend in New Springville and went to Queens to see her two young children who were staying with her estranged husband.

“All he said, and this is coming directly from him, that she was going to go pick up her children to drive them back into Staten Island, but when she got there they were asleep.,” said Ross.

Ross says her ex claims Cammarata rested for a bit, then left sometime after midnight.​

In NYC they should be able to track if her car went to Queens. She would have to cross at least one bridge to do so. The toll bridges all have license plate readers and some, if not all, have facial recognition technology to try to identify drivers of vehicles.

But Cuomo said on Friday that license plates scanned at the toll plazas, at least, are already being checked “for warrants, suspected felons, parole violators, terrorist suspects” — and that the intel is passed within five seconds on to cop cars stationed at the crossings.

“It’s a phenomenal security device,” he said.
https://nypost.com/2018/07/20/inside-cuomos-plan-to-have-your-face-scanned-at-nyc-toll-plazas/

20 mins ago:

NYPD Staten Island‏Verified account @NYPDstatenIslnd

We are asking for your assistance in locating a missing 37 year old female named Jeanine Cammarata, who was last seen on the evening of March 30th. She drives a white 2017 Chevrolet Cruze NY plate #HSK8417, Any info contact the 120 Pct. https://twitter.com/NYPD120Pct/status/1113218904225189892 …

D3LysNTX4AcwvDT.jpg

NYPD Staten Island on Twitter

NYPD Staten Island‏Verified account @NYPDstatenIslnd

Anyone with information about her whereabouts can anonymously call @NYPDtips at #800577TIPS.

NYPD Staten Island on Twitter

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back