GUILTY NY - Jeanine Cammarata, 37, teacher, didn’t show up at work, Staten Island, 30 Mar 2019 *ARRESTS*

Hmmm...if her phone wasn't on, that means she sent the messages through Facebook itself - on a computer or tablet, right? Did she carry a device with her when she left home? If she remains logged in on Facebook, anyone with the device could send a message.

How does the friend know the phone was off, btw?

jmo
BBM. Probably any call made to Jeanine's phone went immediately to voice mail.

My hunch (only a hunch) is that someone else sent those messages and that someone isn't that bright.

I want to know if Jeanine actually made it to Queens. LE must be able to tell from bridge cameras/EZPass activity. Did she ever leave Staten Island? If she made it to Queens, did she ever return to Staten Island? For the moment, I'm assuming she did go to Queens, but that is just what the ex and girlfriend are claiming - I'm not sure that is true.

The car will be found, imo. Is there a good place around the ex's place to stash a car? Time for some map work, I think.

jmo
In NYC there are literally hundreds if not thousands of places to stash a car in each borough. The cops will know the likely places.

The good thing is that the car was last seen on Staten Island. It is a true island that would be near impossible to get a car out of without being seen. Pretty difficult for an individual too. Since the cops as of a few hours ago are still saying Jeanine and the car were last seen on the island, I am betting that it is still there.

The problem with the 120th precinct is that there really isn't good parking there. You have to park on the street and almost all of those spaces are taken up by cop cars. You might have to park and walk several blocks. Lots of places to trap someone. Lots of cameras too of course.

WHO IS JEANINE CAMMARATA? POLICE HUNT FOR MISSING NEW YORK TEACHER, MOTHER OF 3: 'SHE WOULD NEVER RUN AWAY'

I missed this. The friend and the roommate received text messages from JC

"Local law enforcement said Cammarata’s roommate had been sent a text message on Monday saying she was OK, CBS New York reported. Additionally, the woman’s friend Jessica Pobega received messages purporting to be from Cammarata on Sunday, ABC7 reported today."

Who is Jeanine Cammarata? Police hunt for missing New York teacher, a mother of 3: "She would never run away"

Last edited:
In NYC there are literally hundreds if not thousands of places to stash a car in each borough. The cops will know the likely places.

The good thing is that the car was last seen on Staten Island. It is a true island that would be near impossible to get a car out of without being seen. Pretty difficult for an individual too. Since the cops as of a few hours ago are still saying Jeanine and the car were last seen on the island, I am betting that it is still there.

The problem with the 120th precinct is that there really isn't good parking there. You have to park on the street and almost all of those spaces are taken up by cop cars. You might have to park and walk several blocks. Lots of places to trap someone. Lots of cameras too of course.
So if her car was last seen on Staten Island (I missed that detail), can we confirm she actually did go to Queens and then returned....or never left Staten Island and the Queens "resting" story is untrue?

It's good if her car was last seen on Staten Island as that does limit the search for it.

jmo

I should know the answer to this question after so many years here, but if a telephone is off, does it not triangulate to a cell tower? And just in case it does, how long does it take for the police get the information after requesting it? Would the police assume that the phone is off, or would they assume it is on someplace and look to see which borough it’s in?

So if her car was last seen on Staten Island (I missed that detail), can we confirm she actually did go to Queens and then returned....or never left Staten Island and the Queens "resting" story is untrue?

It's good if her car was last seen on Staten Island as that does limit the search for it.

jmo
There is surveillance video if she crosse VN Bridge, or went any other way to get off Staten Island, which would be backtracking but still involve a bridge (Goethals) and Bridge to Bayonne, NJ (though that area has been under construction lately so not sure if it's open at the moment). Staten Island is a large area with many neighborhoods, college campuses, waterfront, etc. It's one of boroughs of NYC and I'd say there are many places there to be searched.

This whole deal sounds scary and suspicious and hinky meter worthy. JMO

If the messages were sent via messenger, and obviously from a device/computer other than her phone, NYPD should be able to trace the IP address & determine the location of where that device was when those messages were sent.

My question is, if they took a coworker and bf in for questioning, which is to be expected...did they take in the estranged husband and his gf? Sorry if this was already addressed and I missed it. But it sounds to me like they were the last to see her, and if I were in that situation, there is no way I would "rest" at a house my estranged husband and his gf shared. If I were to get my kids, I would wake them and leave. JMO.

My question is, if they took a coworker and bf in for questioning, which is to be expected...did they take in the estranged husband and his gf? Sorry if this was already addressed and I missed it. But it sounds to me like they were the last to see her, and if I were in that situation, there is no way I would "rest" at a house my estranged husband and his gf shared. If I were to get my kids, I would wake them and leave. JMO.
Yes, the article linked above that mentions the girlfriend’s story also says that the boyfriend was cleared and the ex husband and girlfriend were being questioned.

I wonder if Jeanine told her boyfriend she was picking up the kids at the precinct even though she was going to the ex's house. Maybe she knew he'd be worried or try and talk her out of it. Maybe she wasn't worried about going to the house. :(

I wonder if Jeanine told her boyfriend she was picking up the kids at the precinct even though she was going to the ex's house. Maybe she knew he'd be worried or try and talk her out of it. Maybe she wasn't worried about going to the house. :(

I bet he wasn’t at the precinct with the kids as planned is why she had to go to his house.

Jeanine Cammarata Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Jeanine Cammarata, an elementary school teacher from Staten Island, is missing. Cammarata, 37, was last seen on March 30 close to McVeigh Avenue and Nehring Avenue in the New York City borough, the NYPD said in a statement.Cammarata drives a white 2017 Chevrolet Cruz NY license plate # HSK8417, which is also missing. Cammarata is 4 feet 11 inches and weighs 120 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes.

Various reports have said that Cammarata was dropping off her boyfriend in the Heartland Village neighborhood when she was last seen. Cammarata’s boyfriend alerted police on April 2 that the teacher was missing when she did not show up for work. The missing teacher lived in the Cassidy Place section of Staten Island.

Anybody with any information regarding Cammarata’s whereabouts is asked to call the NYPD Hotline on 1-800-577-8477.

Here’s what you need to know:

[...]

ARREST!

Exclusive: Estranged husband of missing Staten Island teacher Jeanine Cammarata in police custody

Days after a first-grade teacher from Staten Island went missing, the father of her two children has been taken into police custody, according to multiple sources.

Michael Cammarata of Queens was held overnight at the 120th Precinct stationhouse in St. George, sources said.

[...]

While he is under arrest, he is not being charged at this time in connection with the disappearance of Jeanine.

An NYPD spokesman was not immediately able to confirm that or provide information on the charges.

Exclusive: Estranged husband of missing Staten Island teacher Jeanine Cammarata in police custody

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back