Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s something most definitely creepy and sleazy about someone stealing sex toys in comparison to what I’d class as ‘normal’ items burglars steal like devices electrical goods money jewellery etc. I’m no criminal psychologist but don’t think it takes one to see PR is some sort of sexual deviant. Whether he was or wasn’t responsible for Libby’s disappearance I’m grateful for the sake of the Hull population he is firmly locked up for now, long May that continue

Can someone explain please why LE don't do renactment of suspected or known crimes anymore ?Was this just on crimewatch? Has it ceased to be useful? Would it have helped when Libby first was missing.Is this because they have a person in custody even on other charges
.? They do seem to be asking for witnesses as per croda cctv. Im sorry if this is inensitive in the present circumstsnces. .I mean in the very beginning when Libby was missing.Woukd it have helped with more witnesses coming forward ?

I'd say it wasn't really necessary.

Yes it may have helped getting witnesses to come forward but IMO they will have loads of CCTV and maybe they feel a reconstruction was not needed as they feel they had the right suspect early on.

There’s something most definitely creepy and sleazy about someone stealing sex toys in comparison to what I’d class as ‘normal’ items burglars steal like devices electrical goods money jewellery etc. I’m no criminal psychologist but don’t think it takes one to see PR is some sort of sexual deviant. Whether he was or wasn’t responsible for Libby’s disappearance I’m grateful for the sake of the Hull population he is firmly locked up for now, long May that continue

He isn't going to be behind bars for too long unless a more serious charge comes his way I don't think.

Can someone explain please why LE don't do renactment of suspected or known crimes anymore ?Was this just on crimewatch? Has it ceased to be useful? Would it have helped when Libby first was missing.Is this because they have a person in custody even on other charges
.? They do seem to be asking for witnesses as per croda cctv. Im sorry if this sensitive in the present circumstsnces. .I mean in the very beginning when Libby was missing.Woukd it have helped?

I don't mean to state the obvious, but LE can only do a re-enactment once they know roughly what has happened, and would only have known this once they'd collected witness statements and cctv. If they only have footage up to and including Libby getting into PR's car, who of the public would then notice a passenger? After that, they may have an idea of what happened and where, but it would be prejudicial to suggest anything and can only ask for potential witnesses. The Croda people may not have heard or seen anything, which can still be evidence.

I’m still finding it surprising that some can’t see the link between flashing, voyeurism & stealing sex toys with sexual assault and murder!

PR does not need to be a master criminal OR very clever to have done what he did ! There is no giant leap to murder because these paraphilic behaviours are already linked. It’s a natural progression! (For those that choose to follow this path)

He only needed motive and opportunity,..
I actually think that to stalk someone requires at least some degree of smarts & skill - I wouldn’t have a clue where to start.

The first ever case found guilty through the use of DNA in the U.K. was that of Colin Pitchfork.

He had exposed himself over 1,000 times before he attacked a young girl, just his second victim was attacked AND murdered.
Double child killer denied parole

Who’s to say PR hasn’t attacked women before ? We certainly know he was prolific in the exposure stakes, of what has actually been reported. The question then would be why did he progress to murder when not all men that display these paraphilic behaviours do? I absolutely hate to discuss this but I feel Libby was either murdered to silence her as a witness as he grew in confidence or deducing from PR’s sexually deviant behaviour - erotophonophilia, which I can’t bring myself to discuss. Just trying to highlight the obvious linkage of his behaviour and murder like many, many convicted men before him.

I think his intent was present, even if it was in his subconscious.

Edited to add, that pitchfork was very recently spotted on day release in Bristol.
I'm also struggling with the 'it was only flashing how do you get to murder' notions. This was a man that appears to be flashing and following women to watch them. Had an ability to be at just the right right place to flash women. Looks to have been offending for at least 2 years and seems to be becoming more prolific. Very disturbing behaviour.

And he is pleading not guilty to charges that CPS would require good evidence for before allowing. I honestly thought he'd change to guilty but he hasn't.

He was offending regularly in the run up to Libby's abduction. He must have thought or fantasised about something whilst waiting or watching or offending.

I would have thought that this behaviour would be a precursor to sexual violence. Not all progress to that as you say but sexually violent men start somewhere.

I also think intent was present. I thought it from the moment I saw the location of spidercam on a map. I thought it an ideal spot to wait for an lone student. In my opinion it was only a matter of time before an opportunity like Libby came along.

Speaking multiple languages is actually really good cover. One of my favourite ways to get charity collectors, canvassers and beggars to leave me alone quickly is to pretend not to have a clue what they're saying to me with an apologetic look and a shrugged 'No entiendo inglés' in my best Spanish accent. They generally panic, say sorry and move on to the next person (or they look at me, dead-eyed, and start saying 'Englissssh' slowly with a big, exaggerated mouth).

PR could simply knock on doors and, if someone answered, ask if x was home, or feign ignorance and speak only in Polish. You'd be able to do away any chance of someone being home with that sort of tactic.

I don't buy the rogue repair man theory. It would likely mean that somebody else was complicit, and I don't see that happening. I've briefly toyed with the idea that he could've supplemented his income by working as a courier, though. They often work on a freelance basis and use their own transport - anecdotally speaking, my delivery drivers seem to be largely foreign nationals. It'd also give you names, addresses and a semi-passable reason for being in someone's back garden (their 'safe place'). I've no idea how that sits with the timing of offences and his work schedule. It perhaps doesn't.

BBM. This made me laugh out loud at my work desk! My mother-in-law is Cuban, speaks English but has an accent and many people in shops and stores talk to her just like this. She just stares at them and quietly says, "I speak English and I am not hard of hearing!".

I don't think there will be a rental, handyman connection. Too complicated.

Me neither, police will have gone through every phone call, number, text and friend of P. R.'s if he had a 'helper' they would know by now.

Rapists and attackers hardly ever team up, it's just too complicated a theory as you say.

I think charges of some kind will come but not for a while.
If I was LE I'd leave him sweating right up until the day of his release then slap him with something.

I think it will come earlier than that.
the police will want to have all the forensics back and have examined all other evidence to make sure they have a very strong case.
But they will also be aware of Libby's family and their need to have a charge as soon as possible.

Me neither, police will have gone through every phone call, number, text and friend of P. R.'s if he had a 'helper' they would know by now.

Rapists and attackers hardly ever team up, it's just too complicated a theory as you say.

Posters were referring to his burglaries and how he entered homes ,not his alleged attack on Libby.

the police will want to have all the forensics back and have examined all other evidence to make sure they have a very strong case.
But they will also be aware of Libby's family and their need to have a charge as soon as possible.

Oh I agree if there are charges to be made they will come earlier.

Was just saying what I'd do if I was LE, if make him squirm as long as possible.

But of course for her families sake I hope he is charged sooner rather that later.

You need all that strong conclusive evidence for trial, not to charge.
Yes, the CPS will only agree a charge if they feel they have strong grounds for a conviction but I don't belive you need all the nitty gritty to pursue a charge.
I honestly think if they could join all the dots, they'd have charged him by now. I think there's a dot they can't connect.

For me it's not about finding it difficult to connect PR with libby ... it's very unlikely that someone with his potential (it is still potential as not convicted yet) crimes is not involved in her death .. but the question is how?
Imo I cant jump to murder with no information..we do not know enough yet ...it could be anything from frightening her through to manslaughter or murder
At the minute we do not have the info to make an informed decision...that's why I'm still cautious

There is a good reason some past crimes are kept from jurors during a trial ..to stop people jumping to the wrong conclusion without the facts ...and that's how I see this at the moment

I'm as certain as I can be based on the little we know he is the LE suspect for good reason .. but I'm not allowing myself to go much further yet till we at least know the PM results

You need all that strong conclusive evidence for trial, not to charge.
Yes, the CPS will only agree a charge if they feel they have strong grounds for a conviction but I don't belive you need all the nitty gritty to pursue a charge.
I honestly think if they could join all the dots, they'd have charged him by now. I think there's a dot they can't connect.

I agree ...a lot of work the LE do continues after the charge ...we have to remember the Coroner and LE will be very conscious of how a delay will effect the family ...even bearing in mind the family understanding the need for a water tight case

I think there is evidence for homicide.
the difficulty could be between manslaughter and murder.
I think even with clear evidence against them many cases have tried to claim manslaughter including Ian Huntley and Vincent Tabak.
I think there is evidence of homicide too, or they wouldn’t have released that.
There’s something missing to connect PR, LS and homicide though. Imo.

For me it's not about finding it difficult to connect PR with libby ... it's very unlikely that someone with his potential (it is still potential as not convicted yet) crimes is not involved in her death .. but the question is how?
Imo I cant jump to murder with no information..we do not know enough yet ...it could be anything from frightening her through to manslaughter or murder
At the minute we do not have the info to make an informed decision...that's why I'm still cautious

There is a good reason some past crimes are kept from jurors during a trial ..to stop people jumping to the wrong conclusion without the facts ...and that's how I see this at the moment

I'm as certain as I can be based on the little we know he is the LE suspect for good reason .. but I'm not allowing myself to go much further yet till we at least know the PM results
I agree

Reactions: bos
I agree ...a lot of work the LE do continues after the charge ...we have to remember the Coroner and LE will be very conscious of how a delay will effect the family ...even bearing in mind the family understanding the need for a water tight case
I can't begin to imagine what Libby's family are going through but wouldn't getting justice for their daughter be a huge need for them? Wouldn't making sure that LE that every single thing they needed to get that justice be important even if it delayed a funeral?

I'm not sure how you could ever recover from what's happened to them but getting justice must be a factor in finally getting closure. And making sure they protect others from what happened to their beautiful daughter.

They are only at the beginning of their nightmare. They will have to hear what happened to their daughter. If PR is charged they'll have to sit through a defence where their daughter will be lied about and details of her life handed to him. The more LE can get on her killer the less he can do to hurt them and their memory of her.

I don't think closure will come with a funeral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10