IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #3

Unfortunately young black men below the age of 25 are the most likely to be murdered in our otherwise very beautiful city. People within this demographic are 4 times more likely to be taken by homicide. It's tragic and a lot of people in my city are coming up with creative ways to curb this problem. It's devastating for people like me because having grown up here, I watched this city change. While it is not yet a shell of what it used to be, I clearly cannot leave my home at night without fear. Heck, we can't even park in the garage at our cancer center or university during the day without grave concern. The IUPUI parking garages are a major hotspot from robberies involving stabbings and some shootings, and it is more than frequent. It's a travesty. No one is really safe, and many of us are very unaware to put it kindly. We are home to some amazing hospitals including the world class Fairbanks Burn Unit, but what does that after when accessing these places puts one in a significant amount of fear and legitimate danger? It's heartbreaking to say the least. Most of the kidnappings and crimes against children are the acts of direct family members. Poverty and the opioid crisis are two major issues we face in this city. I could go on forever, but I'd rather be Googling baby Amiah. :(

I feel for you and it is certainly not unique to your city. And I get the many people being not aware of how things have changed. I am just waking up to it is happening in smaller towns and small cities while so many of us think everything is just fine and think maybe in some such neighborhood or if one goes to that house or that place one must be careful. It is getting to be not the case. For instance, for those of us who have never done drugs do not always recognize someone else on them and is very naive to it. If we grow up in a small area where we never locked our doors, we think that is still just fine. Some just think they go to work, see their friends, are out in daylight or early evening it is fine. Yet have no idea what is really going on probably right around them as that is not what we see. I so understand what you are saying about hospitals. What is it about a well known hospital in not just your city but others that it is surrounded by such things... Could it be that they were built in areas that in their day was a nicer residential area? Now the homes are older and in disrepair and are rentals? I have no idea but I can relate a similar story or two...

I agree with you, I would rather talk about Amiah but that is just as hard and very frustrating. I so hope for news each and every day. Yet then I really noticed yesterday the number of serious cases/events that occurred in just like an 8 hour period and thought well, they have to respond to this one, then that one, and then...

I of course, and you seem to know, was not knocking everyone in your city, I am sure many love it and have lived there their entire lives, but the headlines my goodness. It is sad. It also seems it is not just cities any longer and certainly not just yours.

Edited to fix an error and clarify one sentence.

Last edited:
Question about anyone arrested generally in Indiana. How long do they have if arrested to charge someone or they have to release them? For some reason 24 hours (business days) both come to mind with other states (not even sure I am right about that), but am unfamiliar with Indiana. TIA to anyone who knows.

Question about anyone arrested generally in Indiana. How long do they have if arrested to charge someone or they have to release them? For some reason 24 hours (business days) both come to mind with other states (not even sure I am right about that), but am unfamiliar with Indiana. TIA to anyone who knows.

Far as I know 48-72 hours.

I do not like this silence. I guess we know there is an arrest but cannot talk about it because we do not know what the arrest is for. If it were not for that glimmer of hope, I would actually think this case has been forgotten about.

Searches seem to have stopped or at least no word comes about any more of them.

I continue to pray this baby is found.

I do not like this silence. I guess we know there is an arrest but cannot talk about it because we do not know what the arrest is for. If it were not for that glimmer of hope, I would actually think this case has been forgotten about.

Searches seem to have stopped or at least no word comes about any more of them.

I continue to pray this baby is found.

Theres been no arrest in this case.

Hi.
Early on someone pulled incident reports for 3/16. Those reports have now expanded (per City of Indianapolis "payIndy" site) to include many more pages, and 2 new names.
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, and will delete if so.
eta- reports pulled for above date and 229 S Holmes Ave

Last edited:
Several questions come to mind: 1. Why do you need a babysitter if you don't work 2. If you don't work how do you pay for a sitter(did the sitter feel the child may be in danger/neglected and provided care/food) 3. Has there been any mention/speculation of what RL was doing for umpteen number of hours on that Friday 4. What was baby mama doing during that time 5. If RL does still work in concrete/paving did/does he have access to the supplies, substances, and equipment

Hi.
Early on someone pulled incident reports for 3/16. Those reports have now expanded (per City of Indianapolis "payIndy" site) to include many more pages, and 2 new names.
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, and will delete if so.
eta- reports pulled for above date and 229 S Holmes Ave

Good find!

The new names only look to be associated with the case # referencing Amiah, and not the one that mentions criminal recklessness and leaving the scene of an accident.

Crushing to see this as "part" of a onesie. I wonder if this was:
1) belonging to Amiah?
2) 0-3 months is very small, but so was she counter to reports made to MSM that she was a "chunky one for her age."
3) Was Amiah the only baby this person babysat, or did she operate a sort of daycare? No state license comes up in a search, which is common here.
Edit:
4) Would condition of said onesie necessarily be listed on the evidence pulled sheet?
5) Where is the other part!?
6) Is it common to list "part" even if whole?

Was that from 3/16 or part of the water side find?
It looks like from 3/16. It doesn't make much sense, as we don't know the context or significance of the report.
Most babies fit into the next size up. Size 0-3 is usually for newborns and they quickly grow out of sizes at that age.
And what is meant by "part of" a onesie?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back