GUILTY NY - Jeanine Cammarata, 37, teacher, didn’t show up at work, Staten Island, 30 Mar 2019 *ARRESTS*

<snip>

Friends of Jeanine Cammarata say that she has been a first-grade teacher at PS 29 in Castleton Corners since October.

A former co-worker at PS 18 in West Brighton recalled altercations between Jeanine and Michael, prior to her relocating to the new school.

“I know that at school, he would show up and he would be childish. Standing in front of the door and harassing her, and she would be crying,” he said.

“I said to him ‘dude, you can’t do that. The woman is teaching.' "

Estranged husband charged in prior assault on missing Staten Island teacher Jeanine Cammarata
I have no words, but boy does my heart go out to Jeanine.

Where are you, Jeanine?

jmo

I watched a video that said the estranged husband's home is in Far Rockaway, and the divorce and/or custody proceedings have been going on for about a year & a half.

In video at link below, reporter states they both had filed mutual DV complaints against each other in the past, but her attorney said they had withdrawn the paperwork.

Husband charged with assault in search for missing mom of 3 from Staten Island

Anyone know what his occupation is?

I thought he hit her when she went to his home Saturday night. Then they let her rest there. Am I Wrong? Charged from a prior assault.

"The estranged husband of a missing Staten Island teacher has been charged with several misdemeanor counts, including assault, stemming from previous incidents involving the woman, police said.

Michael Cammarata, 42, of Queens, is charged with third-degree assault and multiple counts of harassment, according to a spokeswoman for the NYPD’s Deputy Commissioner of Public Information.

The suspect allegedly struck Jeanine Cammarata, 37, of New Brighton, multiple times in the body on a previous date and made unwanted contact on multiple occasions, the police spokeswoman said.

The exact dates of those incidents are not currently available."

Estranged husband charged in prior assault on missing Staten Island teacher Jeanine Cammarata

Last edited:
I thought he hit her when she went to his home Saturday night. Then they let her rest there. Am I Wrong? Charged from a prior assault.

"The estranged husband of a missing Staten Island teacher has been charged with several misdemeanor counts, including assault, stemming from previous incidents involving the woman, police said.

Michael Cammarata, 42, of Queens, is charged with third-degree assault and multiple counts of harassment, according to a spokeswoman for the NYPD’s Deputy Commissioner of Public Information.

The suspect allegedly struck Jeanine Cammarata, 37, of New Brighton, multiple times in the body on a previous date and made unwanted contact on multiple occasions, the police spokeswoman said.

The exact dates of those incidents are not currently available."

They are cleaning up their reporting. That previous article was a mess that they were just updating and inserting into an original article. It had several inconsistencies. The new article you reference appears to be a complete rewrite with what they know.

The video mentioned in the post after yours only references "sources", so that can be part of the same bad reporting from the article. Someone likely heard he admitted to assault and just assumed the Saturday night part.

Sometimes we have to view MSM with a jaded eye. Just an hour or so ago I looked at the latest article from slive.com and thought they should just start over. They even spelled Jeanine's name wrong in one of the updates.

The estranged husband of a missing Staten Island teacher and mother of three is facing charges in connection with an alleged domestic violence incident that took place on Monday, law enforcement sources say.

Jeanine Cammarata, 37, was reported missing Monday night, the NYPD said. She was last seen at a home in New Springville on Staten Island around 9 p.m. Saturday, according to police.

Her estranged husband Michael Cammarata has been charged with assault, harassment and stalking on Tuesday in connection with the Monday incident, the sources said Wednesday.

Michael Cammarata allegedly hit the teacher multiple times. He also allegedly stalked her on several previous dates, according to the sources.

He has not been charged in connection with her disappearance. His attorney information wasn't immediately available Wednesday.

Missing NYC Teacher's Husband Charged With Assault: Sources

That makes sense missingmom Thank you

In the video at cass' link, Jeanine's landlord states she told him she had not seen her children in at least 2 months.

Husband must be adept at gaslighting!
That is new info. I assumed they were exchanging every week.

Seems like he was not about to return the kids. So, did she drive out there to insist on getting the kids? Or did he show up in Staten Island without the kids to harass her on the eve of their court hearing?

jmo

That is new info. I assumed they were exchanging every week.

Seems like he was not about to return the kids. So, did she drive out there to insist on getting the kids? Or did he show up in Staten Island without the kids to harass her on the eve of their court hearing?

jmo

And what was the sound of broken glass from that woke the landlord/friend up from his sleep?

And what night was that I wonder?

How has husband gotten away w/ not turning over children for that length of time? What's he do for a living?

Last edited:
Sometimes we have to view MSM with a jaded eye.

Maybe a jaded eye sometimes, but a critical and skeptical eye all the time! Among the several things the information age has revealed is that MSM organizations, like all organizations, are just groups of human beings, and human beings make lots of mistakes; make errors in judgment; filter and process information through their own prejudices, biases, and perspectives; are susceptible to confirmation bias; and will often get caught up in her mentality. And the nature of modern media consumption, wanting information as quickly as possible and as frequently as possible, makes it more likely that the inherently fallible human beings in the MSM will trade a some thoroughness and accuracy for speed. And of course, the media is relying on other inherently fallible human beings who may be passing along information that is intentionally or unintentionally inaccurate or incomplete, conjecture presented as fact, hearsay, or presented with words that are imprecise and or capable of multiple interpretations.

Yes. This week’s appearance was a last ditch effort by the courts to get Jeanine and her husband to agree on a custody / visitation arrangement. If no agreement could be met, which looks to be the case, they would begin trial at the end of April. In custody cases where a trial looks to be likely, it is scheduled in advance of other appearances. This is usually due to scheduling restrictions on the part of the presiding judge and individual lawyers on the case, with the severity of the allegations being taken into consideration. Full disclosure: the judge they were set to appear before, Ralph Porzio, was my lawyer back in 2017 when I was fighting my husband for custody of our child. Ralph only recently left private practice in January, after being elected as a Supreme Court judge. He’s tough as hell. MC is not very bright — he’s never been bright IMO. There’s no way Porzio would grant joint custody, and I bet MC knew that. Jeanine was surely going to get sole custody, and Mc parenting time, possibly supervised if not already. MC didn’t bother to even hire a lawyer or request a legal aid to be assigned. He’s listed as pro se on the docket. Makes you wonder why he didn’t bother getting counsel.

And what was the sound of broken glass from that woke the landlord/friend up from his sleep?

And what night was that I wonder?

How has husband gotten away w/ not turning over children for that length of time? What's he do for a living?

So, here’s a piece of terrifying info for you.

Both parents have equal custodial rights at the outset of divorce proceedings. A parent cannot be charged with kidnapping either, btw. Only after a judge has ordered the parents to abide by a custody / visitation schedule can the non-custodial parent be arrested for violating a court order. Until you get in front of a judge.... nothing can be done. My husband ran off with my daughter for 6 weeks. I could not get the courts to do anything until we appeared before a judge for a hearing. We were not legally divorced yet.... which means equal rights to the child. Very scary.

I watched a video that said the estranged husband's home is in Far Rockaway, and the divorce and/or custody proceedings have been going on for about a year & a half.

In video at link below, reporter states they both had filed mutual DV complaints against each other in the past, but her attorney said they had withdrawn the paperwork.

Husband charged with assault in search for missing mom of 3 from Staten Island

Anyone know what his occupation is?
Postal worker.

It’s in the best benefit of the kids to withdraw the paperwork, if possible. No restraining order eliminates the need for a third party present during custody exchanges. Smh this is all too familiar.

Postal worker.

It’s in the best benefit of the kids to withdraw the paperwork, if possible. No restraining order eliminates the need for a third party present during custody exchanges. Smh this is all too familiar.

Jeez-what is it with postal workers and violent behavior?? I guess maybe that isn’t a fair response...I’m really sad for this woman’s family, especially for her children

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back