Still Missing CA - Noah McIntosh, 8, Corona, early March 2019 *parents arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corona Father Charged in 8-Year-Old Noah McIntosh’s Death Scheduled to Appear in Court Tuesday

“Douglas Godfrey, the boy's grandfather, said he raised the 8-year-old for the majority of his life until around a 1 1/2 ago, when Jillian Godfrey let Noah and his sister stay at McIntosh's Corona apartment.”

Not much new in that article but it appears JG was with BM and left her children with her parents for them to raise until 1 1/2 years ago. I’m not sure when she moved out of the apartment, why, or how Bryce ended up with the kids.

She could have lived in either Anaheim or at the apartment and had a reasonable commute to her job at Amazon. Still lots of missing pieces about how those kids ended up in Bryce’s care.

I sometimes feel we aren't entitled to know personal details in a case. But in this one I want to know the history of these two donors. Why remove them from a home they were seemingly being well cared for? Was there a financial motivation? As I understand it, these two were never married correct?

You guys... this is absolutely gut-wrenching. Like you, I can't wrap my brain around it. But I have to say, this community (of Websleuths) has some of the most genuinely caring people in it I have never met, and you remind me that there is still good in the world. So, while I have no words for what has likely happened to this beautiful boy at the hands of his own father, I thank you for being light in the darkness! Godspeed, Noah. Rest in the arms of the angels.
Nicely said, and I have to say, I have felt this way for years about this group of people who may not always agree, but our hearts are always in it for the good!

I sometimes feel we aren't entitled to know personal details in a case. But in this one I want to know the history of these two donors. Why remove them from a home they were seemingly being well cared for? Was there a financial motivation? As I understand it, these two were never married correct?

Correct, they were engaged for daughter #1 but broken up or on the rocks by the time Noah came around and had not been married.

The video seems to have been after they broke up shortly after Noah was born.

Last edited:
I wonder if the parents wanted custody so they could get cash assistance or SSI or something similar if they had full custody. It's the only thing that makes sense to me as to why they suddenly wanted the kids back from the grandparents.
It's not like either of them suddenly had a change of heart and decided they wanted to love and cherish their kids. There had to have been some type of selfish motive, IMO.

the lists for low income housing are LONG. and with a full ride (cash, fs, medical) the cash would be like 800 or something. and the SDI would be 600 something. that is not enough to live in a 2 bed 2 bath apartment in that area without housing of some type unless you sell drugs. plus he had a documented job as an EMT. CA sucks at collected child support from dead beats UNLESS the collecting parent is on cash aid, and if they had a family grant they would go after him if he had a job.

only way I see this is if they had been on the list and finally got approved and that's why they scooped up the kids. I think this was a control scenario by dad. I think mom was squatting at her parents part or most of the time as well but I think her parents were raising the kids along side her sometimes presence, and he didn't like the oversight and lack of control.

only way I see this is if they had been on the list and finally got approved and that's why they scooped up the kids. I think this was a control scenario by dad. I think mom was squatting at her parents part or most of the time as well but I think her parents were raising the kids along side her sometimes presence, and he didn't like the oversight and lack of control.

That apartment is definitely not low income housing, it’s one of the more expensive buildings in the area and touted as “luxury living” or a “lifestyle apartment” because of its close proximity to shopping and restaurants.

I don’t know how much a part-time EMT makes, does anyone here? I believe rent on that place would have run from $2300 - $2500/month. That seems like shockingly high rent for someone working part-time with two kids. Maybe he did sell drugs on the side?

That apartment is definitely not low income housing, it’s one of the more expensive buildings in the area and touted as “luxury living” or a “lifestyle apartment” because of its close proximity to shopping and restaurants.

I don’t know how much a part-time EMT makes, does anyone here? I believe rent on that place would have run from $2300 - $2500/month. That seems like shockingly high rent for someone working part-time with two kids. Maybe he did sell drugs on the side?

that and he drove a BMW, it wasn't the newest but if it was in good condition still not cheap unless it was salvage title or something.

he used the bolt cutters for something else #puke #cry

I was wondering the same thing but most bolt cutters only open up less than an inch. I could see if he purchased those heavy duty branch cutters but not something that has such a small opening capacity? Odd purchase though I am certain LE knows why they were purchased. Hope it wasn’t for the reason you mentioned

I hope we learn more, I had the same thought after I heard he was only working PT. I find it odd that a reporter hasn't dug into the history of these two yet. We know next to nothing about them.

Part time EMTs definitely do not make that much money. Depending on which 2 bedroom/2 bath apartment he rented it would run him from a little over $1,900 to just under $2,500 per month (per their website 1-2 Bedroom Apartments for Rent in Corona, CA | Encanto at Dos Lagos) I would assume he had other income coming in from some other source.

the lists for low income housing are LONG. and with a full ride (cash, fs, medical) the cash would be like 800 or something. and the SDI would be 600 something. that is not enough to live in a 2 bed 2 bath apartment in that area without housing of some type unless you sell drugs. plus he had a documented job as an EMT. CA sucks at collected child support from dead beats UNLESS the collecting parent is on cash aid, and if they had a family grant they would go after him if he had a job.

SABBM

So egg donor was using her parents , until she saw a way to make money off of her children.
What a burden she must have been for the grandparents, when she was around. JG probably crashed at their place when it was 'convenient'.

April 5th and still no trace of Noah. :(

What I've been able to determine with the help of someone on here who found the case, there was a child support case here in Orange County. Sounds like a welfare reimbursement case. So if a child receives SSI or one parent receives welfare, the state will file an action to get support reimbursed to the state from the other parent.

In order to do so they need to determine parentage of the child and get a judgment declaring that the other parent is the legal parent of the child.

It appears that happened.

Mom certainly is on the birth certificate. So in the case of an unwed parent in CA, they have automatic constitutional rights to custody and control of their child if they're the mom and in the birth certificate.

If dad was on the birth certificate and signed what's called a voluntary declaration of paternity, same would apply to him. The parents would have equal rights under the law.

He would also get those equal rights via a child support judgment declaring him the father.

We can't tell if there was any child custody litigation between the parents because in CA "paternity" cases are confidential.

It appears the grandparents raised these children mostly though there's no evidence they obtained a legal guardianship. So that could've been because the parents lacked the capacity to care for the kids (drugs, alcohol, incarceration or poverty are typically factors), and allowed be kids to stay with the grandparents.

Maybe mom lived with them too during much or some of this time. I don't know. There's a sweet poster on here who knows the family and possibly could say.

But without legal guardianship, the parents were able to take the kids anytime they wanted. The grandparents could've filed for an emergency order returning the kids via a temporary guardianship and/or they could've filed a petition for grandparent visitation after they were taken, the latter of which they most certainly would've won.

But otherwise they'd be helpless to prevent the kids from being taken from their home, under the law.

And there could've been circumstances that prevented them from filing for a guardianship that we are not aware of.

But it seems that simply, the parents had the legal right to custody and control. I'm guessing they did not have custody orders between them though which could be one reason why the mother was camped outside instead of calling the cops to retrieve her kids right away.

Who knows.

It's a dire case. One more we didn't need here in CA after two similar ones that were so awful.

That poor child's sweet face. Always the most innocent and loving who end up tormented to death, it seems.

So grateful to have you here, gitana.

I saw the pics on Mom's FB. Boy does he ever remind me of Lucas.

I know boys are supposed to be boys and get scraped up and stuff but there are an awful lot of bruises on his legs. Sigh.....

I knew this wouldn't end well. Mom knows what happened. She needs to speak up so we can find this child.

Enough is enough already.

I am so tired of babies and toddlers being murdered by parents and pretty little girls being murdered by disgusting perverted people.

Leave the children alone. Let them be kids. Love them.

This is all so sad and it happens over and over and over again.

Sorry for the vent, but I have really had enough.

Bruises and also his arm is in a cast from a March 2018 photo iirc (need to go back, still catching up here. I’ve been warned in advance that this is heartbreaking. :( ).

Thinking about so many of these little ones tonight...Noah, Dylan, Malik...all victims of Homicidal violence by their own own SD’s. The list is infinite.

A special thank you to @FindLucasAllen and @Crockett for being here.

@FindLucasAllen, please keep us updated in Lucas’ thread on any further thoughts you’ve had about Lucas’ Law.

(I just had an idea in my head while reading Noah’s thread about creating a software that can crosscheck variables for the following:

a) home schooled
b) cps reports and calls
c) parents drug charges
d) dv or other violent charges.

IF “a” happens to co-exist with either “b”, “c”, or “d”, the program could automatically flag LE for a wellness check on the child (CPS is apparently understaffed after reading here earlier), idk just thinking out loud.

Home schooling IN CONJUNCTION with b, c, or d could be a flag, moo. Just thinking out loud. Will this save the world? No. But it has me thinking because we see how so many kids who suffer abuse that are homeschooled.)

—-

I’m at a loss for words about this case. It is just absolutely horrifying like the Victoria Martens case. Noah was such a handsome young man how could anyone harm him? They are not human these monsters capable of this I wish there was a way to eradicate them and keep all children safe.

All news updates and posts are appreciated.

I looked up Victoria’s case. Good God. My “software” wouldn’t have flagged that one because she was not homeschooled. Sigh.

********If you are having a hard time handling this case please do not read my post as it includes more information that was just released about the abuse this precious boy suffered.******

Dad charged in Corona boy's murder purchased acid, bolt cutters prior to son's disappearance

"The abuse involved Noah being in the bathtub, cold water and Noah being handcuffed. [Noah's sister] described helping her daddy at times by holding Noah's legs down," the documents read.

Authorities received a warrant for the cell phone of Noah's mother, Jillian Godfrey, 36, which showed notes where Godfrey was documenting McIntosh abusing Noah.

"Examples included Bryce admitting to putting Noah in hot water, Noah being placed in cold water for approximately 2 1/2 hours, Noah being put in a tub of cold water for over six hours, and [Noah's sister] telling Jillian that Noah was in Bryce's bathroom with his feet tied up," the documents continued.

No words. :(

Last edited:
Police search for missing 8-year-old Corona boy at Lee Lake; DA, sheriff to update public – Press Enterprise

Corona police detectives searched for Noah at Lee Lake in Temescal Valley, Sgt. Chad Fountain said.
Noah hasn’t been seen since at least March 5, when his mother, Jillian Marie Godfrey, reported him missing. The young boy had been living with his father, Bryce Daniel McIntosh, and his 11-year-old sister. Godfrey told police that she hadn’t seen Noah in two weeks.
Godfrey, 36, and McIntosh, 32, have both been arrested on suspicion of willful child cruelty and are due to be arraigned April 8. Bail has been set at $500,000 for Godfrey. McIntosh is being held in lieu of $1 million bail. There was no indication in Superior Court records Wednesday that new charges had been filed.

Emph. Mine

Community mourns the loss of 8-year-old Noah McIntosh of Corona – Press Enterprise

The blue ribbons wrapped around trees, posts and poles lining Temescal Canyon Road once symbolized the Corona community’s collective hope that young Noah McIntosh, 8, would find his way home.
Now those same blue ribbons, Noah’s favorite color, represent loss and mourning after Corona police and Riverside County law enforcement announced Thursday that they believe the young boy died at the hands of his father.

“Every time I saw updates, and see the blue ribbons around the city a tear comes to my eyes,” wrote one person, identified as CJ Hartsock. “I didn’t know this young man. I don’t think our family is 1 degree or 10 degrees from this family, their house or his school. I am so sad, angry, sickened with this child I never knew. I am so, so sorry for his sister and Grandfather who provided Noah’s sense of family. Rest In Peace little man.”
BBM

It looks like people are realizing it wasn't just BM who abused Noah.

Data from Bryce McIntosh’s cellphone led investigators to the unincorporated area of Aguanga in Riverside County on March 16, the declaration says. There, officers found a similar trash can, a paper with “Noah M.” on it, several purple latex gloves and parts of a blender.
Both the inside of a trash can and residue in a plastic bag found in the area tested positive for human blood, the declaration says, but the document does not link the blood to Noah.
Also recovered at the Aguanga site along Wilson Valley Road, north of Highway 371, were “numerous” purple latex gloves, empty bottles of drain cleaner, empty cans of oven cleaner, blankets, yellow towels and one blue long-cuffed glove, the declaration said.
Also on March 16, investigators, again using location evidence from Bryce McIntosh’s cell phone, went to the area of Squaw Mountain Road and Temescal Valley Road, where they recovered a purple latex glove, a soiled yellow towel, and part of a wooden spoon.
The declaration said the glove matched ones found in a warrant search of Bryce McIntosh’s black BMW 330i sedan, and used cleaning wipes were found at both locations searched March 16.

Curious about the part of the wooden spoon -- were they using it to hit him and it broke ? :(

And it sounds from the above links that they'll proceed with a 'no body' case if they have to. That's good !

Noah needs justice.

Some have speculated about why the community comes together en masse AFTER a child is dead from abuse-- and why not before ?

My .02 is that often there's little you can do even if you suspect something.
Gabriel Fernandez is one sad example.

If Noah didn't show obvious signs of abuse, he wouldn't have been removed.
Most likely Noah was too frightened to speak up.

Even his own grandparents wanted to care for him; but he and his sister were taken from that home they'd probably grown up in. :(

(Slightly o/t, since both @cvaldez1975 iirc and you have now mentioned Gabriel, I looked up his case. No words there either :( . I did want to really recommend reading this article as it talks about some different stuff. For example:

“The scene in the courtroom served as a dramatic coda to a tragedy that became a symbol of bureaucratic failure, propelled far-reaching reforms within L.A. County’s child welfare system and led to unprecedented criminal charges against social workers who handled the boy’s case.“
-more at link

'Nothing short of evil': Judge sentences mother to life in prison and her boyfriend to death in Gabriel Fernandez murder case

•Corona is in Riverside County, not LA County, but still worth a read. )

Last edited:
Thinking about so many of these little ones tonight...Noah, Dylan, Malik...all victims of Homicidal violence by their own own SD’s. The list is infinite.

A special thank you to @FindLucasAllen and @Crockett for being here.

@FindLucasAllen, please keep us updated in Lucas’ thread on any further thoughts you’ve had about Lucas’ Law.

(I just had an idea in my head while reading Noah’s thread about creating a software that can crosscheck variables for the following:

a) home schooled
b) cps reports and calls
c) parents drug charges
d) dv or other violent charges.

IF “a” happens to co-exist with either “b”, “c”, or “d”, the program could automatically flag LE for a wellness check on the child (CPS is apparently understaffed after reading here earlier), idk just thinking out loud.

Home schooling IN CONJUNCTION with b, c, or d could be a flag, moo. Just thinking out loud. Will this save the world? No. But it has me thinking because we see how so many kids who suffer abuse that are homeschooled.)

—-

I looked up Victoria’s case. Good God. My “software” wouldn’t have flagged that one because she was not homeschooled. Sigh.

No words. :(
I really like the a,b,c,d flag idea. That's a great idea!

BBM
Yes, but according to her dad, BM convinced her to move to Corona. I believe her dad. jmo

This reminds me of Dylan. He didn’t want to go to his dad’s for the court mandated visit.

Respectfully snip.

I've been unable to find the video on YT BM posted regarding his sex life, can anyone lead me to that please? Watching it BM mentioned the year. He talked about breaking up with a girl because he needed sex more often. Wondering if this was the beginning of JG and BM relationship. I'll be back with a link when I find it.

Edit
Ok, on page 2 of this thread is the video, I can't find it on YT to link, if anyone can help with that. Around half way in, BM states it is 2010. So in this vid Noah hasn't been born yet, but his older sister was? If I'm correct JG was involved with BM at the time this vid was made.

Omg I just had a flashback of CW’s “relationship advice video “ :confused:.

I created this timeline of events based off of the information in the Declaration to give a better idea of Bryce's movements (let me know if I missed anything or got anything wrong. If new information is released I can add it.)

March 1 through 3rd

Jillian says she stayed at Bryce’s Apartment

March 2nd
Bryce took Noah into the bathroom (per Jillian)

Noah asked Bryce why he was hurting him (per Jillian)

March 3rd
Bryce was still in the bathroom though Jillian hasn't seen him since the day before

Jillian left Bryce’s apartment because Bryce said he had to go to Home Depot

March 4th
“Normal Heart Rate for 8 year old”, “Normal heart rate for 8 year old when running”, “How exactly sodium hydroxide works”, and “Sodium hydroxide to water” searches were done by Bryce on his cell phone

Bryce purchased long gloves, bolt cutters, 4 gallons of muriatic acid, 128 bottle of drain opener from the Home Depot in Corona.

Bryce purchased a 32 gallon trash can and 32 ounce sulfuric acid drain opener from Lowes in Corona.

9:27PM Bryce’s cell phone was in the area of Temescal Valley Road (approximately 4 miles from Bryce’s apartment) where purple latex gloves, used cleaning wipes, soiled yellow towel and part of a wooden spoon were later located by police.

10:39PM Bryce was at Target purchasing 2 bottles of drain opener.

March 5th
Bryce’s dad tries to visit Bryce and Noah but Bryce said he and Noah were sick from eating bad chicken so he wasn’t able to see them.

Between 9:29PM and 9:50PM Bryce’s cell phone was off Highway 371 in Aguanga, CA (approximately 51 miles south east of Bryce’s apartment) where the trash can, yellow towels, one blue glove, empty bottles of drain cleaner, empty cans of oven cleaner, blankets, numerous pairs of latex gloves, a plastic bag with blood residue, parts of a Ninja blender, cleaning wipes, & paper with “Noah M” written on it were later located by police.

March 8
Bryce told Jillian that Noah had been missing for 2 days. Said he had “everything under control.”

March 10
Bryce picks his daughter up from his father’s house where she had been staying for a few weeks and tells his dad Noah is missing. Bryce refused to go to the police regarding his missing son.

(Bryce's sister is trying to reach Bryce "since the beginning of March" because he missed a family event but he isn't answering his phone. At some point Jillian tells her Noah is missing. Sister tells Jillian to contact police.)

March 12
6:56PM
Jillian contacts Corona PD for wellness check on Noah.

Police attempt contact with Bryce at his apartment. He refuses to open door.

March 13
Police abstain search warrant for Jillian's phone (at or around this date, document doesn't specify.) Documentation of abuse including Bryce admitting he put Noah in hot water.

Police obtain search warrant for apartment, electronics, phone and car, purple latex gloves & folded blankets located in car.

Bryce refuses to exit home but eventually does with his daughter.

Bryce invoked his Miranda Rights and asks for a lawyer (not sure exactly when, Declaration states "later")

Jillian is interviewed at the Corona Police Department. She changes her timeline of events.

Both parents are arrested for willful child cruelty.

March 16th
Corona Police search near Squaw Mt. Rd. & Temescal Valley Road and locate a purple latex glove, used cleaning wipes, a soiled yellow towel, and part of a wooden spoon.

March 18th
Second search warrant served for Bryce’s apartment and garage. The plumbing, heating and air conditioning company is called in to assist. P traps are removed from bathtubs, bathroom sinks and kitchen sink. Assisting plumber said p traps in the bathtubs (plural) were cleaner than regular p traps.

March 28th
Bryce charged with first-degree murder and a special circumstance allegation of torture.

https://tribktla.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/bryce-mcintosh-rif1901410-arrest-dec.pdf

This is awesome, thank you.

Last edited:
What do you guys make of the empty bottle of oven cleaner? Macabre question, I know, but what would oven cleaner possibly be used for?
An old cleaning man once told me that when he had to clean especially stained bathtubs he would use oven cleaner. He said it worked like a charm. That's what first came to my mind because BM had him in the bathroom when he asked his daddy why he was hurting him. I think he tortured and killed him in the bathroom and the oven cleaner helped to clean up.
I could just vomit.

The mum should have a lot more charges imo. I could sort of understand to a degree the mum not reporting to police if she was in the house with the abusive husband and he would not let her leave, but she has no excuse because she left the house and was not in any danger. plus she already knew the her daughter was safe and not there because she admitted being there on the 3rd of March and grandad already had the daughter.
Another thing what doesn't make sense is she said she waited outside in the car 2 weeks before reporting to police and she already knew at that point that Noah was left in the bathroom and that BM was going to home depo.
why wouldn't she phone police when she knew BM was out of the house and Noah was clearly left alone.
I'm sorry but I would fight to the death for my kids. She had LOADS of opportunities when she was safe and knew daughter was safe to call police and if Noah was still alive on the 3rd she could have saved his life.

Exactly.

SABBM

Omg. Going to throw up.
How could she ?

I am so very sorry for his sister. She had no choice --and was maybe afraid He'd kill her, too ?
I am guessing -- if she's feeling safer now -- that her testimony will provide a wealth of information .
Including the JG's role in this.

Hoping Noah's sister will never be returned to JG; because regardless of the time she might serve, she'll most likely take up with another scum bag man who would abuse her.
People often return to their old habits.

Considering the years spent in BM's company (even if she wasn't living with him during this time) ; JG HAD to know what he was.
Imo.

SA wouldn’t surprise me one bit in this case.

Was she homeschooled as well?

*Arraignment Hearing (murder charges) – (@ 8:30am PT) – CA – Noah McIntosh (8) (last seen about Feb. 24, 2019, reported missing Mar. 12, 2019, Corona; not found yet) – only for *Bryce Daniel McIntosh (32) “father” arrested (3/13/19), charged (3/15/19) & arraigned (4/8/19) with felony willful child cruelty & dependent child abuse. Charged (3/28/19) & arraigned (4/2/19) with 1st degree murder with malice & special circumstance murder of torture. $1M bond. Eligible for DP.
*Jillian Marie Godfrey (36) “mother” arrested (3/13/19) & charged (3/15/19) with felony willful child cruelty (endangerment). $500K bond.
Godfrey says 3/2/19 is the last time she saw Noah. 11 yr old daughter in CPS custody.
3/15/19 Update: Arraignment rescheduled for Bryce 4/2 on murder charges & both on 4/8 (Bryce for child cruelty & abuse).

These inconsistencies in her story as to last seen, etc is very reminiscent of Amiah Robertson’s case, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288