Found Deceased SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, 29 March 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
As opposed to doing nothing, I don't think it's a bad idea. However, I haven't read the proposed legislation. Have you? MOO
I apologize if this idea has been mentioned already, but I am trying to catchi up here. How about a code word? The driver and passenger could be assigned a code word or a code number. We teach our kids code words for emergency situations, how about for something like this. That way, no confusion with colors, etc. The code word/number would have to match with display and phone.

I heard about it as well and she supposedly couldn't get out because there were no door locks on the inside from what i heard on news. I wonder if she could have kicked out the passenger side window and climbed out of the window after she kicked it out and escaped. I have seen people do that on COPS on tv and one person in the news in my state a few months back actually escaped from a cop car that way.
She may well have attempted to kick out the window as I recall reports of foot wound. MOO

I think it is a great idea too although I think something with more variety of choices would be even better, say have the rider pick a 4 or 5 digit code that can be digitally put up on the sign or that only the driver and rider know she/he picked. In fact, both could be done, even better. The likelihood of the color on the sign and the number given when scheduling the ride being the same as anyone else's would be slim to almost non-existent.

I guess it depends on how many colors they have to choose from... It is a great idea though.
I apologize for my post, I see you already posted this idea.

I apologize if this idea has been mentioned already, but I am trying to catchi up here. How about a code word? The driver and passenger could be assigned a code word or a code number. We teach our kids code words for emergency situations, how about for something like this. That way, no confusion with colors, etc. The code word/number would have to match with display and phone.
I am probably the last person you should ask, as I have never once used Uber or Lyft, lol! :p It sounds to me like there are already good safety tips (check car, license plate, and driver, share your trip details, etc.) in place, but adding another layer, whether it's a light, a code word, and/or "what's my name" couldn't hurt. It will be interesting to see what results from the proposed legislation. MOO

I am probably the last person you should ask, as I have never once used Uber or Lyft, lol! :p It sounds to me like there are already good safety tips (check car, license plate, and driver, share your trip details, etc.) in place, but adding another layer, whether it's a light, a code word, and/or "what's my name" couldn't hurt. It will be interesting to see what results from the proposed legislation. MOO
uber drivers are supposed to say your name to you when you open the door as a way of acknowledging who they are. but alot of people say their own name first like "uber for ___?" and that does nothing.

I feel like the app should make that known as a big banner on the actual app or something

I know, it's kind of redundant to what is in place already. We can't ever let our guard down, unfortunately, not even for a second.

I know, it's kind of redundant to what is in place already. We can't ever let our guard down, unfortunately, not even for a second.

I know.

But look at that video. Within 10 feet of her were about 30 men who would have beat the **** out of anyone who was obviously accosting her, if she started screaming. Yet, right under their noses she was silently abducted. I'll bet the friends she had met that night were 30 feet away from her inside the bar

And as I look at that video, he was slick. In and out in seconds... This was rehearsed and calculated. IMHO.

So my conclusion: I TOTALLY AGREE. WE CAN'T EVER LET OUR GUARD DOWN.

Not in for what we think is the Uber. Not for a second in the expensive hotel bar while waiting to go to the theater. Not parking in the grocery store parking lot. Not waiting at 4 am for the Uber to take us to the airport. Not after school. Not when we just had a fun day shopping with friends. Not when we are leaving a friend's house. Not when we are walking the dog. Not when the day is beautiful and we just want to take a walk.

It's a terrible truth, repeated over and over

I apologize for my post, I see you already posted this idea.

Nothing to apologize for whatsoever. It was your own thought and I think someone posted such a thought before I posted it as well :) Hard to keep up on the threads sometimes. It also shows more than a few of us think it is a good idea :)

I think we've missed some things since this reporter doesn't use hashtags. :oops:

Caroline Hecker on Twitter
Earlier this morning SCDNR officials were out with metal detectors and shovels in the area where Samantha Josephson’s body was dumped. Now, the dive team is searching a nearby pond. @wis10
5:12 PM - 3 Apr 2019

We know the passenger in Rowland’s car the night he was arrested—is cooperating. Crews have bounced around locations along Black Bottom Road all day. @wis10
5:16 PM - 3 Apr 2019

The gentleman who owns this land says officials have told him they are searching his property, including an old irrigation hole, in relation to the Josephson investigation. @wis10
D3QR2oeXoAAa3Mu.jpg

4:12 PM - 3 Apr 2019

UPDATE: Neighbors tell me this is the exact location Samantha Josephson’s body was found. It’s about 40-50 feet off the road and is covered in thick brush. Chalk is seen marking one of the trees. @wis10
D3Lo6r4XoAA4fVN.jpg

D3Lo6r0W4AAt34z.jpg

D3Lo6r2WAAIHUBc.jpg

D3Lo6r3W4AAWqBm.jpg

6:34 PM - 2 Apr 2019
It’s only by the grace of God that she was found
These pics make me very sad thinking Sami could have easily been found there instead of on land. IMO, her killer is very familiar with the land around the area where she was found. Possibly grew up playing in the woods and water around there. JMOO
Thankful she was found so quickly so her family can have closure & the State can seek
Justice for her.

I know.

But look at that video. Within 10 feet of her were about 30 men who would have beat the **** out of anyone who was obviously accosting her, if she started screaming. Yet, right under their noses she was silently abducted. I'll bet the friends she had met that night were 30 feet away from her inside the bar

And as I look at that video, he was slick. In and out in seconds... This was rehearsed and calculated. IMHO.

So my conclusion: I TOTALLY AGREE. WE CAN'T EVER LET OUR GUARD DOWN.

Not in for what we think is the Uber. Not for a second in the expensive hotel bar while waiting to go to the theater. Not parking in the grocery store parking lot. Not waiting at 4 am for the Uber to take us to the airport. Not after school. Not when we just had a fun day shopping with friends. Not when we are leaving a friend's house. Not when we are walking the dog. Not when the day is beautiful and we just want to take a walk.

It's a terrible truth, repeated over and over
Indeed, evilness lurks everywhere. How can one take precautions when evilness is always one step ahead? It's a whole different way of thinking. I can't even comprehend or imagine these tragic situations happening, because i can't think evil.

I heard about it as well and she supposedly couldn't get out because there were no door locks on the inside from what i heard on news. I wonder if she could have kicked out the passenger side window and climbed out of the window after she kicked it out and escaped. I have seen people do that on COPS on tv and one person in the news in my state a few months back actually escaped from a cop car that way.

does anyone know how much force it takes to break out one of those windows? when I have seen cars with broken glass from accidents, it is safety glass and it cracks, but does not come out, and then if a part does come out, it is jagged around the edges. would slice you to bits climbing through that. she did supposedly have a leg and foot wound but there has been no mention of the Impala having window damage. SJ was wearing sandal shoes as well.

does anyone know how much force it takes to break out one of those windows? when I have seen cars with broken glass from accidents, it is safety glass and it cracks, but does not come out, and then if a part does come out, it is jagged around the edges. would slice you to bits climbing through that. she did supposedly have a leg and foot wound but there has been no mention of the Impala having window damage. SJ was wearing sandal shoes as well.
I can't imagine that the perp would be dumb enough to drive the car back to the bar area if the window had been broken out.

(Not that criminals are always very smart.)

She entered the back seat of the car and presumably was attacked there. We don’t know if she ever got into the front seats. I doubt she did.

I think NR put it there, IF that’s where the phone was. Still not sure until we see the LE report when he is arraigned.
There are conflicting reports of where it was found. The earliest said the passenger compartment, and that could be the pocket on the side of the back door, or the attachment on the back of the front seats. I would expect a glove compartment to be called a glove compartment, but the media does not always use the same terminology as we use, so don't know for sure.

While I get as disgusted as anyone with the fact in every case media outlets have conflicting information, which makes it impossible to trust the info, I do not see much difference here whether the phone was in the glove compartment or somewhere else in the passenger compartment like if it got lodged under a seat or something but even then, I can't see that it makes much difference. Either way it is evidence because her phone was in his car.

To me the glove compartment is in the passenger compartment so they both could be correct, which is what we sometimes find.

I am truly not even curious about this question because to me it does not even show whether she had control of her phone or when she did not because he could have put it in the glove compartment at any time before or after her murder, like upon cleaning his car and finding it and likewise he may have not even found it himself if it was lodged somewhere, LE may have. Likewise, his prints may be on it or they may not.

For me, it makes very little difference precisely where it was and would change little.

I imagine once they found blood and especially when it tested presumptive, they then had cause to search the entire car including the glove compartment and trunk (and we know they searched the trunk). Once it tested positive as her blood in particular, I would think they most certainly had even more cause, coupled with the fact the car matched generally with the video, he was stopped in the same general area as the abduction and the fact that he ran--that seems like quite a bit of cause. My opinion only, maybe an expert can weigh in.

For me, it is just not one of the questions that matter.

jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member