IL IL - Timmothy Fry-Pitzen, 6, Aurora, 13 May 2011 - mom found dead - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
First post on Websleuths.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if this was Timmothy, but I must say I have some reservations.
He seems to be fully aware of who he is, where he was from and the circumstances around his disappearance. But if he was separated from his family at such young age, I wonder how much information he would actually be able to retain for 8 years. You would assume the people who kept him would try to conceal who is was and feed him information that would make it hard for him to find his way back to his family.
I myself dont have too many clear memories from 6 yrs old, and the ones I have have been reinforced thru pictures and talking/reminiscing with my family. Without that I am not sure how much I would remember..

One of my closest friends took her own life after dropping her daughter off at the airport to spend a summer month with her father. She had been through a rough divorce and been deeply hurt but some time had passed. She loved her daughter more than anything and once told me she would die if anything happened to her. She did not want her daughter raised by her father. This has absolutely no relevance but in the moment of deep darkness she was in she made two completely unexpected decisions and after reading this case today I've been very much thinking of that, and what can go through a mother's mind in that state of mind, of mental health.

Hi all,
First post on Websleuths.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if this was Timmothy, but I must say I have some reservations.
He seems to be fully aware of who he is, where he was from and the circumstances around his disappearance. But if he was separated from his family at such young age, I wonder how much information he would actually be able to retain for 8 years. You would assume the people who kept him would try to conceal who is was and feed him information that would make it hard for him to find his way back to his family.
I myself dont have too many clear memories from 6 yrs old, and the ones I have have been reinforced thru pictures and talking/reminiscing with my family. Without that I am not sure how much I would remember..
He may have a clear memory due to this being a traumatic event. Welcome to WS.

I followed this case from the beginning, and I am very skeptical this is actually Timmothy.

I can't get past thinking this is some kind of copycat combination of someone familiar with the Jayme Closs case and that of the hoax case where the husband and wife teamed up with the bearded guy who claimed to be homeless giving his last 20 dollars for gas.

If those two cases were not recent national media, I would be more apt to believe this might be Timmothy.

If it's not Timm, I could see a runaway teen or an abused and neglected teen trying to claim the identity of a missing child for any number of reasons, including a better chance at receiving help/services that seem to be lacking these days for those in need.

This person, if he is Timmy, should have some memories, if even fuzzy, that might tie him to the Fry-Pitzman family and I haven't seen anything to indicate he has any memories...... of the water park, the zoo, particular slides or aRea of the water park.

I will not be surprised, even a tiny bit, if the DNA test comes back negative.

Last edited:

I have very clear memories going back to the age of 3. But I remember some things going all the way to age 18 months. I had a babysitter from 10-18 months who occasionally sat for us. I remember her clearly. Huge southern woman. She pinched my brother's chin when he wouldn't eat his scrambled eggs. She told me to give her a little sugar and honey and I tried to get the sugar and honey.

She gave me a puzzle and I remember the puzzle.

Not everyone has the same memory capabilities.

My stomach is doing flips right now. Hoping!!

If he was mine he'd be right back at home immediately. Oh I would get him assessed but no therapy or medication is more healing than a loving home and parent.

Agree. He was 6 yrs old and probably in first grade when he went missing, not a toddler. He would have already learned to read and write, including his own name. JMO, it seems highly plausible he would still remember who he is and what happened to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong