Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this has been asked and answered before but my internet is too slow tonight to go looking. How do you know if a phone has been switched off or the battery just ran out?

@KittyKatKrazy333 : I think her phone may be the key to this disappearance. I can't quote your post because it will probably be deleted, as there have been no reports in MSM regarding Leah's phone usage prior to her phone being turned off. We can't discuss any detail unless it is in mainstream media, or in police releases, but I really think her phone usage is important evidence.

ETA: My prior post asking about her phone usage was answered but that answer was deleted by the mods.

@KittyKatKrazy333 : I think her phone may be the key to this disappearance. I can't quote your post because it will probably be deleted, as there have been no reports in MSM regarding Leah's phone usage prior to her phone being turned off. We can't discuss any detail unless it is in mainstream media, or in police releases, but I really think her phone usage is important evidence.

ETA: My prior post asking about her phone usage was answered but that answer was deleted by the mods.
I believe the bit about last phone call was mentioned by her father on the radio interview.
Just a query about the 8.30 turning off. Would that be last time phone pinged and therefore an estimate (assuming phones ping at periodic intervals) or would that be taken from mobile phone provider source.

I’ve been following Leah’s disappearance on here, but never publicly commented.
You say, “her phone being turned off located her last place of it being used”
Could you explain what you mean by this please?
I thought her phone model couldn’t be traced...I may of misinterpreted this though.
If the police know where Leah’s phone was when switched off, why hasn’t this information been given to the public?
Sorry, I just don’t get what you mean, so thanks in advance for explaining!
I’ve read that Leah last used her phone at 8am (not sure if it’s been disclosed who she rang, but I haven’t heard any more detail about this call) and that her phone was switched off at 8.30am, with Leah being seen midway through this timeframe, at 8.15am, crossing the footpath at Buzzacott Lane.
Looking at the route from Quantock Crescent to Buzzacott Lane, I would assume the 8 am phone call was around the time Leah was leaving home.
Was Leah ringing someone to say, “just leaving, see you in 20 minutes”? Guessing whoever she rang has been traced and eliminated from enquires though, so that theory hits a dead end.
If Leah’s phone was switched off by either herself, or her abductor, once Leah was in a vehicle, then that gives a 15 minute maximum walking radius from Buzzacott Lane to point of disappearance. Obviously, Leah could of been picked up 2 minutes from the last cctv sighting-turning her phone off may not of happened immediately.
This is all just my speculation, so thanks for your opinions.

I don't think they can locate her specific location, perhaps because GPS tracking was not enabled or available on her phone.

They would perhaps be able to triangulate the last pings of the phone to the nearest masts in the area, but that would only give a vague location and nothing more specific than we already know.

I don't believe her phone usage that morning has ever been made public beyond the fact that she used it and hasn't since.

I will go back at some stage and relisten to the podcast, but was it an actual phone call or a text or use of phone for internet etc?
I just listened to the interview again.
John says he tried to call her and her phone was off.
Claire later says when asked;

Her phone was turned off since approx 8:30am that morning and we still don't know why...

They also say that her model phone can not be tracked.
There is no mention in the radio interview of her phoning or messaging anybody.

But the phone is among the items that LE say could help find her, Samsung model on that article with the hoodie and her baseball boots which implies it was on her.

Certainly is her phone and one would surmise it hasn't been located from what the police have said. I'm guessing she had with her that morning, but we don't really know yet.

I wonder whether Leah used a fitbit watch, that could track her movements quite easily.

I don't know much about fitbits, do they track where you go, how far you walk, when you stop? Would it show if you started running?

There's a 2 day old thread on Reddit about Leah with an odd comment on it.

I don't know much about fitbits, do they track where you go, how far you walk, when you stop? Would it show if you started running?

There's a 2 day old thread on Reddit about Leah with an odd comment on it.

What does it say?

Do you think Leah would carry her phone in her rucksack or her pocket? I am trying to think of ‘switching it off’ scenarios.

Leah, in the unlikely event that you are reading about yourself on websleuths, make contact at your very first opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53