Several' bodies found at Mandan, North Dakota business, 1 April 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also know chads parents they live in hazen. They are wonderful people chad lived with them when he had his office in hazen. I just dont see money being an issue in the crime because im quite certain his folks would have helped him out if needed.

What a horrible thing for his parents to have to experience.

What a horrible thing for his parents to have to experience.
I dont know if i even want to know his motive its just gonna be more confusing because absolutely nothing could justify this crime. Just dont understand how a person could be so self centered especially a person in the health care profession. Nothing about this makes any sense.

Veterinary chiropractic is allowed in my state, and there are some practitioners of it in this area. It doesn't make sense to me, either.

One of my Facebook friends posted pictures of her grandson at his first chiro appointment, at which time he was less than a week old! He was NOT enjoying it, believe me! Anyway, she swore that chiropractic cured his mother's chronic ear infections, and they didn't want him to go through that himself. (I should add that her kids were both adopted, siblings aged 4 and 7.)
So are you saying there are chiropractors who are allowed to practice on animals or that there are veterinarians who practice chiropractics on animals? I think it actually may be beneficial to animals as long as a vet is the one doing it and he has been trained to do chiropractic treatments.
WOW on your friend who has the grandson who was taken for a chiro treatment when he was less than a week old!! Scary, if you ask me.

Since he called his mom to pick him up, it's possible he was dropped off at work and didn't drive there IMO.

4 killed in North Dakota office building; police searching for suspect

Gina Kessel, 52, of Mandan, showed up at the business Monday to pick up her son, Mitchell Kessel, an employee there. She said Mitchell "called me, said something is going on." She said he didn't tell her what.
Also very possible he drove himself but LE wouldn’t let anyone remove on-premise vehicles during the immediate investigation.

In the presser, Police Chief Ziegler said the victims had been shot and/or stabbed.

The police affidavit portrays a grisly crime scene in which the Cobbs and Fuehrer were shot and stabbed several times.

Fakler had multiple lacerations and stab wounds.

Lois Cobb's death was attributed to a cut on her neck.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/crime/2019/04/05/chiropractor-accused-killing-4-north-dakota-business-chad-isaak-mandan/3375070002/

I haven't seen one article yet that says Fakler had been shot.
Lois Cobb was the only victim who had her throat cut.

Why was the only woman singled out for special treatment, or was it convenient to cut her throat to stop her screaming? Cutting someone's throat is pretty egregious.

Why was the co-owner the only victim who wasn’t shot, if that is the case?

If CI hated RJR so much, I would have thought the co-owner would have been the main target, and yet he lingered long enough for someone to ring 911 call for medical help.
https://www.argusleader.com/story/n...dakota-business-chad-isaak-mandan/3375070002/

In the presser, Police Chief Ziegler said the victims had been shot and/or stabbed.

The police affidavit portrays a grisly crime scene in which the Cobbs and Fuehrer were shot and stabbed several times.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/crime/2019/04/05/chiropractor-accused-killing-4-north-dakota-business-chad-isaak-mandan/3375070002/

Why was the only woman singled out for special treatment, or was it convenient to cut her throat to stop her screaming? Cutting someone's throat is pretty egregious.

If CI hated RJR so much, I would have thought the co-owner would have been the main target, and yet he lingered long enough for someone to ring 911 call for medical help.
Maybe that was the punishment, a slow death:(

Fakler's business card was found at CI's home. I guess there was prior interaction between them? Definitely looks to me he was the main target. MOO

Since he called his mom to pick him up, it's possible he was dropped off at work and didn't drive there IMO.

4 killed in North Dakota office building; police searching for suspect

Gina Kessel, 52, of Mandan, showed up at the business Monday to pick up her son, Mitchell Kessel, an employee there. She said Mitchell "called me, said something is going on." She said he didn't tell her what.
Excellent point. It's confusing because he didn't go home with her, at least as the article reports it. They hugged and cried, he made no more comment and went back inside the police line.

I can't often rely on the exact works reported by MSM, as someone once pointed out to me they often report the story second hand or even third hand. OR reword in their own interpretation. He may have called her because she was worried and she drove there to check on him.

But again, good point about her coming to pick him up. It that's the case, then that would not be his truck.

The thing that's confusing about all of it, the killings and police activity happened early in the morning. Any employee going to work that morning would likely have arrived to discover all it had already happened/was still going on. Did they all get there and then wait around for a time, then go home? The building was closed that day so no one could work.

And in MK case, same thing? If he needed to be picked up, what time did he arrive and how did he get there? If someone dropped him off, would he notice all the police presence and not let ride leave? I don't know. Guessing guessing.

If owner was the first person to be confronted, possible CI didn't want to make any noise. So no gun. This leads to me to question, yet again, motive. Was he there to intentionally kill? To kill those 4 people? Or did he kill them because they were there, and in the way of what he intended. Big difference. IMO

For those not on FB and/or with older eyes (both describe me :cool: ), I put together a pdf of the Probable Cause Affidavit and have attached it.

The affidavit is definitely very enlightening on the details. I'm not much of a gun person, but all of the current Ruger .38 revolvers are 5 shot models per their website. I'm guessing Y'allmart would only be selling current release firearms. If so, that means CI reloaded at least once, and should have had a shot left, assuming he fully reloaded.

Attachments

• CI Probable Cause Affidavit.pdf
    753.8 KB · Views: 83
For those not on FB and/or with older eyes (both describe me :cool: ), I put together a pdf of the Probable Cause Affidavit and have attached it.

The affidavit is definitely very enlightening on the details. I'm not much of a gun person, but all of the current Ruger .38 revolvers are 5 shot models per their website. I'm guessing Y'allmart would only be selling current release firearms. If so, that means CI reloaded at least once, and should have had a shot left, assuming he fully reloaded.
Thank you for posting. I'm posting some notes from this affidavit to condense a bit:

*LE called to assist Medical Call at 7:27am and the caller stated was (he) was
commencing CPR on victim
*Business not open to public as opening hours are 8:30am
*LE or paramedics attempt CPR on first victim discover, located in shop
maintenance area. Victim unconscious and stabbed. Unsuccessful CPR. Victim is
RF, owner. Death caused by stabbing.
*Another victim in need of assistance in same shop area, AF. Stabbed and shot.
Deceased.
*LE scoured rest of building which includes maintenance shop (were RF and AF
found) and attached administrative offices. Two other victims found in offices, LC
and WC, both deceased, stabbed, shot and LC throat cut.
*Owner JF (wife of RF) allowed police access to entire building at the time of search.
*Surveillance cameras inside captured timeline of events and attacker's
actions/movements
*He was the only attacker and no one else was seen on video other than employees,
coming and going. Note here by me - Which employees? Those who are
deceased? Or others coming into work/leaving work?

*Suspect is seen exiting building, driving away in RJR vehicle, ditching it and seen
continuously by many surveillance cameras walking and eventually getting into his
truck in McDonald's parking lot. He was under surveillance the entire way, it
seems.
*McDnald's employee contacts LE in early morning hours to report seeing him
getting into truck but putting something on passenger side seat first.

Affidavit continues after this to describe how suspect found, captured, vehicle and home searched.

I do not understand the reference to William Cobb religiously carrying a Gerber type of multi-tool in a holster on his belt and that it was found at RJR. It in no way explains the reason for putting this in the complaint and seems a bit odd...

After I watched this video (very informative), if you click on "more" at the bottom, it states CI was being evicted (He was being evicted from an RJR managed trailer park in Washburn.). I don't recall reading/hearing that anywhere else?

BBM
I haven't seen/heard that either. As a landlord of more than 35 years, I know that sometimes people are given a non-renewal and say it is eviction even though legally non-renewal and eviction are two different things. There wasn't an eviction on the public court records, but I am not familiar with how North Dakota lists cases. In some states, the eviction/unlawful detainer is on public record as soon as filed. In other states, the eviction only shows up on public record if the defendant loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member