Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible reasons for appeal for CCTV 4:
1)witnesses - what did they see/hear? Any sounds within the park?Any vehicles parked at the entrance of the park?
2)if PR claims he left Libby alive in the park, exclude that anyone else put her in the water by finding out where these people were going, where had they been, can anyone else verify? Is there cause to conduct more intrusive investigation such as analysis of clothes to see if any forensic links to Libby?
3)do any of them know PR? Had PR contacted any of them?If so, what did he contact them for/we’re they in the area because he asked them to bring him something?(e.g a spare key for his car if he’d dropped his)

That’s just the questions that quickly came to mind, there’s probably more. I think they are important because these are gaps in LE’s knowledge that can perhaps refute or add weight to PR’s version of events. I don’t think any of the figures are PR

I've been out all morning so don't know specifics, but police have been going door to door in HU5 and questioning residents about Libby and Jan 31st etc.

ETA - a friend who lives off Beresford Ave tells me that police visited last week and asked all residents:

Have you ever met her?
Have you seen anything suspicious?
Did you hear anything that night?
I wonder if those tools are his, when he dumped them and why? I know police said they had nothing to do with the Libby enquiry and we have surmised that they could be linked to his other antics, it seems extremely coincidental to me that they were found where the bench is in view/really close to where LS was reported to be at the time GB stopped to speak to her. Why choose to stash them for future use at a spot which is so close to the junction with Bev Road which is busy?

Thank you for such local important information @vermont. HU5 covers what area?
If plod visited and questioned residents last week seems to me they don't have the necessary evidence to charge anyone yet - but oimoo.

HU5 is large, but most pertinently it covers the Newland Avenue area, as well as the stretch of Beverley Road as far south as Pearson Park. Beresford Ave is HU6.

I've been out all morning so don't know specifics, but police have been going door to door in HU5 and questioning residents about Libby and Jan 31st etc.

ETA - a friend who lives off Beresford Ave tells me that police visited last week and asked all residents:

Have you ever met her?
That's 2 months after the event. Surely anyone that had heard anything would have come forward.

Unless forensics or CCTV has thrown up something else

Could she have got to where she was found from Pearson park?

Last edited:
Thank you for such local important information @vermont. HU5 covers what area?
If plod visited and questioned residents last week seems to me they don't have the necessary evidence to charge anyone yet - but oimoo.
If that were the case surely they'd have visited well before now? In the weeks before the body was found for starters.

This looks more like something new. From forensics or CCTV or previous offences or perhaps one of the 4 people in the Croda CCTV. Have they ever questioned around that particular area before?

If that were the case surely they'd have visited well before now? In the weeks before the body was found for starters.

This looks more like something new. From forensics or CCTV or previous offences or perhaps one of the 4 people in the Croda CCTV. Have they ever questioned around that particular area before?

Not sure about that. In the weeks before the body was found they really had little to go on I'd have thought? jmo

I wonder if those tools are his, when he dumped them and why? I know police said they had nothing to do with the Libby enquiry and we have surmised that they could be linked to his other antics, it seems extremely coincidental to me that they were found where the bench is in view/really close to where LS was reported to be at the time GB stopped to speak to her. Why choose to stash them for future use at a spot which is so close to the junction with Bev Road which is busy?
Not suggesting this is relevant to this case .
Under the heading online
'The bizarre arrest of Peter Sutcliffe'
this is mentioned;
'The next day, police returned to the spot where the car had been pulled over. Where Sutcliffe had gone to the loo they found a discarded knife, hammer and rope. Back at the police station, a knife was found in a cistern of the toilet Sutcliffe had used when he came in for questioning.'

Last edited:
They were questioning Cottingham road residents around Haworth by 1st Feb. Raglan road after his arrest. Inglemire Court as well I think. Can anyone remember where else they questioned people before this.

They searched the gardens and asked residents about discarded clothing on Riversdale Road. The houses overlooking the field. But this happened on a later date 23rd Feb.

They were questioning Cottingham road residents around Haworth by 1st Feb. Raglan road after his arrest. Inglemire Court as well I think. Can anyone remember where else they questioned people before this.

They searched the gardens and asked residents about discarded clothing on Riversdale Road. The houses overlooking the field. But this happened on a later date 23rd Feb.

Every house and garden in the Beresford area, as far north as Etherington Drive, was searched in the first few days. Like @KING Charles says, Riversdale came later.

The current door to door is only basic questions rather than any kind of search. I don't think it necessarily suggests a gap in LE's understanding, but rather a belt and braces approach - and perhaps an attempt to trace the Oak Road four. There's only two officers at work.

Have you ever met her?

Strange (I cannot do multiquote so include ^^ your post # 454 above). After such a time will people remember that night? I believe Libby's disappearance became news very quickly, so surely residents would have reported anything unusual or suspicious soon after given the publicity?
Maybe just dotting the i s and crossing the t s. IMO not feeling confident they have enough substantive evidence to charge atm.

No, people in this area haven't been questioned before now. Obviously there was the questionnaire for residents of Raglan Street, but that's it as far as I know. I'm the opposite end of Newland Ave.

Out of interest, why so sure about this? The outfit doesn't match earlier cctv from Haworth St and the direction of travel doesn't sit easily.

I'm not sure many people are looking at the runner as being PR.

I think out of the 4 people on Croda cctv the runner is the one least likely to be PR.

If I thought it was any of them it would be one of the two people together that are shown last.

I think out of the 4 people on Croda cctv the runner is the one least likely to be PR.

If I thought it was any of them it would be one of the two people together that are shown last.

I don’t think the runner is PR either. But if he was one of the two, who is the other? I don’t believe he had an accomplice. At first I wondered if the light legs we’re seeing closest to the camera are Libby’s, but I’m inclined to think they’re light coloured trousers as others here have suggested.

The cyclist could be PR if he’d driven home, then panicked and wanted to return to ORPF to check he’d left no evidence behind. But I’m more inclined to think this is a dealer skulking around in the early hours on such a cold night.

The first guy looks like a security guard returning home from a night shift to me. Simply spooked by wandering through an eerie shortcut.

I’m feeling a bit edgy that no arrest has been made as yet. Sure, they have their only suspect in custody, but asking questions of locals at this late stage? Is it an exercise to dot i’s and cross T’s ... or are they struggling to compile a watertight case?

Every house and garden in the Beresford area, as far north as Etherington Drive, was searched in the first few days. Like @KING Charles says, Riversdale came later.

The current door to door is only basic questions rather than any kind of search. I don't think it necessarily suggests a gap in LE's understanding, but rather a belt and braces approach - and perhaps an attempt to trace the Oak Road four. There's only two officers at work.

Not every garden was searched which backs onto Oak Road playing field. I know someone who lives in aone of the houses where there were no checks carried out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100