Found Deceased FL - Khadijah Anderson, 24, was to visit family, car found abandoned, Avon Park, 25 Mar 2019

This is so sad, as she was so young. The above article says she just got her diploma, and had paid her car off. She had wanted to be a nurse. RIP Khadijah.
She had so much going for her, a bright future, talented singer, etc. I hope the emotions from the breakup didn’t make her forget what a lovely person she surely was. I just can’t believe it’s suicide yet. Where exactly was her car found? At the front of the mall or on one of the back areas by the water? What time of day did the surveillience cameras show her leaving her car?

I’m actually visiting family in this area this week. Friday we are going to this outlet mall. I’m going to drive around by Keg Lake. I want to see how high the grass is. If it’s tall, no one who knows Florida would walk in it because of snakes. No one would dare go in that lake willingly because of gators. Something is off.

RSBM

I’m actually visiting family in this area this week. Friday we are going to this outlet mall. I’m going to drive around by Keg Lake. I want to see how high the grass is. If it’s tall, no one who knows Florida would walk in it because of snakes. No one would dare go in that lake willingly because of gators. Something is off.

Thank you for that tidbit about snakes and gators. Didn't think about those because I'm in an area where snakes aren't active yet and no gators live here. You're right - something's off. Thinking about gators, I'm thinking someone would have to have some thought-altering substances on-board. Even then, it begs the questions of if that substance was willingly or unwillingly. I hope her family request copies of toxicology results.

all JMOO

RSBM
Thank you for that tidbit about snakes and gators. Didn't think about those because I'm in an area where snakes aren't active yet and no gators live here. You're right - something's off. Thinking about gators, I'm thinking someone would have to have some thought-altering substances on-board. Even then, it begs the questions of if that substance was willingly or unwillingly. I hope her family request copies of toxicology results.

all JMOO
It gator mating season right now. If her body showed no signs of trauma, there is only a few reasons why. Snake bite or a someone tossed her in. Florida Wildlife Commission (FWC) is probably removing any sizable gators due to pedestrian traffic at the mall.

Yesterday I was at the outlet mall and drove around. That “lake” area behind the mall is very overgrown. Only delivery trucks go behind the buildings. The parking for shoppers is at the front of the stores. There’s no place to just take a stroll around the lake that I could see.

Many of the stores are empty now, with maybe 60% capacity. This means the mall is past its prime. It’s well maintained tho. This young lady wouldn’t have gone here to have a shopping day. When I was pulling in, a police officer was in front of me. I’d say there has likely been an increase in patrols. I still feel like something is off.

Wow, the idea of being “acutely” suicidal... to be one moment doing something mundane like shopping, which inherently is future-oriented (picturing the food you’re going to make later, the clothes you’re going to wear later) and then suddenly take a turn and walk into a body of water?? I just can’t even handle that idea. Reminds me of recent amber Evans. I just can’t wrap my head around it... screams homicide not suicide TO ME.

ETA wouldn’t suicide by drowning incredibly difficult?!?!?

Questions persist after body of missing woman found in lake near Vero Beach

Maj. Eric Flowers, of the Indian River County Sheriff's Office, said Monday there were no signs of trauma to the body and detectives did not suspect anyone was involved with Anderson's death.

More: Body of missing woman from Avon Park found in lake near Vero Beach Outlets mall

Flowers said this week detectives had acquired surveillance video of Anderson stopping at a gas station at Yeehaw Junction before heading east on State Road 60, toward Vero Beach.

The video confirmed Anderson was alone in the vehicle, he said. She did not appear to be under duress.

Apparently they're still investigating, so their hinky meters must be going off, too.

Yesterday I was at the outlet mall and drove around. That “lake” area behind the mall is very overgrown. Only delivery trucks go behind the buildings. The parking for shoppers is at the front of the stores. There’s no place to just take a stroll around the lake that I could see.

Many of the stores are empty now, with maybe 60% capacity. This means the mall is past its prime. It’s well maintained tho. This young lady wouldn’t have gone here to have a shopping day. When I was pulling in, a police officer was in front of me. I’d say there has likely been an increase in patrols. I still feel like something is off.

Thank you for checking out the "lake" behind the mall. It always helps to get a first-hand view of the area. I'm surprised Khadijah would even know about the "lake" in that location.

I agree with all of the other postings. Something is amiss.

So, with these new details, I want to revisit this. From Avon Park to Yeehaw Junction it’s 52 miles. She should not have needed gas or a bathroom break. Maybe she was sleepy and needed to walk around. Let me tell you about Yeehaw Junction, don’t stop, not even during the day. There’s a truck stop, a gas station, and migrant housing. Lots of sod farms, produce fields, orange groves, etc. Make of that what you will. She was there during the overnight hours and was alone on surveillance cameras. Did she lock her car when she got out? Did she pump gas, did she use the restroom, did she walk around to be more alert? Did she get turned around and go the wrong way? Yeehaw Junction to Vero Outlet Mall is about 25 miles.

Now, it is possible she thought she would go to Vero to end her life. She was despondent and must have felt this was the right option. I have no idea why she would pick this location tho. Stores would not be open. There is an interior hallway that has restrooms but it would only be open during mall hours. I have no doubt there are cameras. I drove around that mall and there was no walking trail that I could see, it was overgrown palmetto bushes, scrub, trees, and grasses. (A fabulous gator, snake, bird & rodent habitat.) There is a No Trespassing sign too. It had to be dark when she arrived in the parking lot. I’m wondering exactly where in the parking lot they found her car.

The only direct footpath from the mall property to the real Keg Lake is about a ½ mile south. See photo, path is highlighted in yellow. You’d have to know where you’re going to actually make it, especially in the dark. There is a ditch, without a bridge but a dirt road opening, off 8th Street to access Keg Lake if you were in a vehicle. See photo with small yellow highlight on the dirt road. That is where the dirt bikes, ATVs and those who want to fish the lake would access the area. Keg Lake is a preserve area, which means it is not likely to be developed and rarely patrolled.

Possible scenario 1: Keg Lake could also be a perfect homeless camp since it is well hidden, has access to public bathrooms in the mall and is in close proximity to bus routes. A homeless person could have been nearby.

Possible scenario 2: Someone may have followed her from Yeehaw Junction or hid in the backseat of her car.

The lack of trauma to her body tells me she was tossed into the lake or, was running from something or someone, possibly stumbling into the water in the dark, and didn’t know how to swim. It’s not like there is long dock she could have jumped off of to drown herself. She’s from the general area and had to know about wildlife. Toxicology is going to be the key to solving this in my opinion.

Attachments

• Keg Lake Path.JPG
    Keg Lake Path.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Keg Lake dirt road access.JPG
    Keg Lake dirt road access.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 12
Well, at least we now know that she purchased gas and a cigar at Yeehaw Junction. To do so, she had to leave her car.

Anderson death shrouded in mystery

The IRCSO found video surveillance footage of Anderson traveling alone and stopping at Yeehaw Junction on State Road 60, where she purchased gas and a Tan and Mild cigar.

“There were no signs to show she was in duress or stressed,” Flowers said.

Flowers said deputies did not find any drug or alcohol paraphernalia in Anderson’s car or in her possession. Flowers said the mystery surrounding her death would have to be solved after the autopsy and toxicology reports are finished. He did not have a time when those would be released.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, that’s just crazy. I don’t generally disagree with LEs findings, but this...... I just can’t digest it. She drove an hour away in the middle of the night, and yes, tipsy enough to fall into a body of water. Something is missing. Personally, I think whoever was pursuing her, got dang lucky.

The article stated:
"Maj. Eric Flowers, of the Indian River County Sheriff's Office, previously said Anderson's family had expressed some concerns about her mental stability in the days before her disappearance"
I'd like to know if the family has an opinion about this ruling. "Mental stability" covers a lot of ground. And I agree with a poster from April - who would kill themselves by wandering into a pond full of gators and FL water snakes?
Oh - and what's with her buying a cigar just before she died? Did she smoke it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back