GUILTY CO - Caden McWilliams, 7, encased in concrete in storage unit, Denver, 23 Dec 2018 *Mother Arrested*

Okay - thanks! Yes, I found her in the beginning of this case under Pankey too in the court site, but then she disappeared after the January hearing.
74x46px-LL-59c83b81_question-marks.gif

Another site with the most recent information. This time I was able to use the case number 19CR00048
Shows 04/02/2019 1:30 PM Preliminary/dispo hearing Continue by defendant. Courtroom 4B
Another hearing scheduled: 06/04/2019 1:30 PM Preliminary/dispo hearing Courtroom 4B
» SearchDenver County Court
ETA Much more information here.

Last edited:
Caden your worthless excuse of a "mother" will be spending the first of her many Mothers Day incarcerated and behind bars where she belongs.

I'm so sorry, you should still be here, but you are no longer in pain and torment. Fly high angel boy!

So dad was arrested in Nov 2017. When was he released?
Family was evicted.
Mother was using heroin and had lost custody of a younger child.
Child was murdered between May 2018 and Dec 2018.
Child was known in the community, and weighed 27 pounds at time of death.
Where did they live after they were evicted? When were they evicted? Was it May 2018?

Didn't the neighbors who spoke to him and gave him something (ref: earlier comment) notice that he was malnourished and potentially abused? Social services was at the home over a period of 3 years. Did they not notice?

Is there a problem with the Denver Protective Services Department? How could a child be so lost in the system that, after being monitored for 3 years, he is found 7 months after he was last seen weighing 27 pounds and encased in cement? Surely someone dropped the ball, especially after the family was evicted. Did Protective Services not contact the landlord 3 years ago to be notified of change in the child's address? Surely when a child is monitored by the government, it should be mandatory, not optional, for the landlord to immediately share that information.

Regardless, why did so many organizations and people fail the 7 year old child of a homeless heroin addict?

The first thought that ran through my head when I saw the thread title was "You have to be effing kidding me."

Sorry, baby, that your mom is a .

My first thought was that she was arrested on Dec 22 for heroin and released on Christmas Eve. I wondered if her arrest caused the death until I continued reading about the dysfunctional family.

She was using heroin, so she was not thinking properly. I wonder how it's possible that no one else noticed that there was a serious enough problem to remove the child from her care.

My first thought was that she was arrested on Dec 22 for heroin and released on Christmas Eve. I wondered if her arrest caused the death until I continued reading about the dysfunctional family.

She was using heroin, so she was not thinking properly. I wonder how it's possible that no one else noticed that there was a serious enough problem to remove the child from her care.

That was my next thought, who was looking out for the poor guy? There were warning signs, she should've already been on everyone's radar as a known heroine user with a young child.

That was my next thought, who was looking out for the poor guy? There were warning signs, she should've already been on everyone's radar as a known heroine user with a young child.

A seven year old boy should weigh more than 27 pounds. Even skinny 5th percentile runts weigh 50 pounds at age 7. Protective Services was helping the child for 3 years, and neighbors spoke to him prior to the eviction and at least 7 months prior to the discovery of his body. I'm guessing he was malnourished when people saw him. From 2015 - 2018, he was under the care of Protective Services.

How did this happen? This isn't just about a homeless heroin-addicted single parent who failed her son, but a social, cultural and institutional failure to recognize and address such serious social problems.

Just read about this case today :( What a beautiful boy Caden was ;(
The cruelty is beyond shocking...
My heart breaks for these precious children </3 These monsters kill their own when millions of loving women around the world that can not have children of their own would have gladly opened their arms & hearts to have a child such as these...so very very sad ;(

Tuesday, June 4th:
*Preliminary/Disposition Hearing (re murder) (@ 1:30pm MT) – CO – Caden McWilliams (Pankey) (7) (Dec. 23, 2018, Denver; reported missing the week of 12/21, found in storage unit encased in concrete; LE believe he has been in there since May 24, 2018-official date of death by coroner) – only for *Elisha A. McWilliams-Pankey (43) “mom” arrested (held 1/2/19) & charged (1/3/19) with child abuse resulting in death & charged (1/7/19 with 2nd degree felony & abuse of a corpse. $250K bond.
Pankey was charged (12/28/18) with felony heroin possession & drug paraphernalia in Aurora two days before her son was found dead, and was released from the Arapahoe County Jail on Christmas Eve (12/24/18) on a $1,000 personal recognizance bond. She is currently being held in a Denver city jail without a bond. Turned herself in on 1/2/19. Her other child is in Arapahoe County Protective Services.
1/3/19: Detention hearing for child. Next Preliminary hearing on drug charges on 1/11/19. Adjudicatory hearing (re child) on 1/29.
1/7/19 Update: charged with child abuse resulting in death, a second-degree felony, and abuse of a corpse. Next hearing 1/9.
1/11/19 Update: Next Preliminary hearing for murder charges on 4/2. 4/2/19: Next Preliminary/Deposition hearing continued to 6/4.

*Leland Pankey () arrested & charged (5/30/19) with 1st degree murder, child abuse leading to death & tampering with a deceased body. Held without bond.
5/30/19 Update: Arrested & charged with Caden’s death. Next pretrial hearing on 6/27.

A seven year old boy should weigh more than 27 pounds. Even skinny 5th percentile runts weigh 50 pounds at age 7. Protective Services was helping the child for 3 years, and neighbors spoke to him prior to the eviction and at least 7 months prior to the discovery of his body. I'm guessing he was malnourished when people saw him. From 2015 - 2018, he was under the care of Protective Services.

How did this happen? This isn't just about a homeless heroin-addicted single parent who failed her son, but a social, cultural and institutional failure to recognize and address such serious social problems.
Like x 1000

You said it, otto. Unbelievable, cruel, and all the rest. So many, many children just "slip through the cracks," we are told, in these types of situations.
Even if he was premature, 27 pounds is way, way under normal. And many, many premature children often "catch up" and are right there in the 50 percentile or better as they get older.
The normal weight for a 2 y/o boy is 27 1/2 pounds, height is 34 inches.
Is there not some kind of standard-of-care proviso that would have enabled PS to remove the child from the home due to what had to be malnourishment? (rhetorical question, sadly)
How did he survive to be 7 years old? And what did that type treatment do to his mental ability, if anything? I must stop.

Thursday, June 6th:
*Hearing on Advisement (@ 8:30am MT) – CO – Caden McWilliams (Pankey) (7) (Dec. 23, 2018, Denver; reported missing the week of 12/21, found in storage unit encased in concrete; LE believe he has been in there since May 24, 2018-official date of death by coroner) – *Elisha A. McWilliams-Pankey (43) “mom” arrested (held 1/2/19) & charged (1/3/19) with child abuse resulting in death & charged (1/7/19 with 2nd degree felony & abuse of a corpse. $250K bond.
Pankey was charged (12/28/18) with felony heroin possession & drug paraphernalia in Aurora two days before her son was found dead, and was released from the Arapahoe County Jail on Christmas Eve (12/24/18) on a $1,000 personal recognizance bond. She is currently being held in a Denver city jail without a bond. Turned herself in on 1/2/19. Her other child is in Arapahoe County Protective Services.
1/3/19: Detention hearing for child. Next Preliminary hearing on drug charges on 1/11/19. Adjudicatory hearing (re child) on 1/29.
1/7/19 Update: charged with child abuse resulting in death, a second-degree felony, and abuse of a corpse. Next hearing 1/9.
1/11/19 Update: Next Preliminary hearing for murder charges on 4/2. 4/2/19: Next Preliminary/Deposition hearing continued to 6/4.

Only for *Leland Pankey () arrested & charged (5/30/19) with 1st degree murder, child abuse leading to death & tampering with a deceased body. Held without bond.
5/30/19 Update: Arrested & charged with Caden’s death. Hearing on Advisement on 6/6. Next pretrial hearing on 6/27.

Elisha

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
8/1/19
8:30 AM 1H PANKEY, ELISHA Arraignment D162019CR48 Denver District Courtroom 5C District Ct

link: Seventh Judicial District » Docket Search

Leland:

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
6/7/19
8:30 AM 1H PANKEY, LELAND Disposition Hearing D162018CR9761 Denver District Courtroom 5G District Ct
9/11/19
9:00 AM 1H PANKEY, LELAND Preliminary Hearing D162019CR20011 Denver District Courtroom 5C District

link: Seventh Judicial District » Docket Search

Not sure what the 9/11 case is about.... difference case #s from the case today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back