IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #3

Is there still a search going on? I wonder if Amiah’s mother is pleading for help and updates..
Not that has been mentioned in the local news.:(

And this may not be a new: but this is a nice site to track crime by dates. I’ve attached for Indianapolis. Indianapolis, IN Daily Crime Reports

Pick a date you want to search

Agree! Is there some unspoken agreement that any case met with poor cooperation is met with apathetic indifference? It appears to be the case. (Moo)

Vent alert: to heck with the adults, innocent babies need justice. Civil society demands justice.

Sadly, too often cases like that become lost in accusations and recriminations, and with no facts to prove or disprove either story, there isn't any grounds for an arrest or prosecution. And then people perceive the police aren't going to help, so that deepens their resistance to information sharing. I mean, the potential witnesses still have to live in the neighborhood, and if they're going to face retaliation and the police won't help them, they're kind of stuck. I don't say I agree with it but I can sure understand where they're coming from.

Sadly, too often cases like that become lost in accusations and recriminations, and with no facts to prove or disprove either story, there isn't any grounds for an arrest or prosecution. And then people perceive the police aren't going to help, so that deepens their resistance to information sharing. I mean, the potential witnesses still have to live in the neighborhood, and if they're going to face retaliation and the police won't help them, they're kind of stuck. I don't say I agree with it but I can sure understand where they're coming from.
I completely agree with you.

I continue to fall back on Lauren Spierer who disappeared 6/3/2011 on the Bloomington IU campus after a night out. Someone knows what happened to her too. But for whatever reasons, they aren’t talking. And there is next to nothing that can be done to change it.

#findlauren #findamiah :(

It’s hard not to suspect close relatives when they are not out searching, begging, digging with their bare hands in desperation. It’s like some people can easily show such blatant disregard about their own little person who they gave life to.
My heart, little Amiah needs to be found and those who let her down need to be punished. I’m in UK and I need to see this one through, it reminds me off little King Davila for all the wrong reasons.

Last edited:
RL's car still listed as "stored" at the impound. No specific reason I'm posting that other than I was curious if it had been picked up yet. Wonder where he is staying/hiding out and if he indeed works, who is providing transportation.

https://www.autoreturn.com/indianapolis-in/find-vehicle/details?vehicle=3037547

The only satisfaction in this case is watching that bill getting higher and higher. If someone does not do something, they are going to owe 100 times what it is worth...

The only satisfaction in this case is watching that bill getting higher and higher. If someone does not do something, they are going to owe 100 times what it is worth...

I doubt anyone will ever retrieve it. Haven't checked the value but the the female detective said it was in "poor condition." So I doubt it's worth much. JMOO

Again, I'm going to have say that IMPD simply does not have the manpower to dedicate to this (or any) case for very long. It's a constant crime wave here. Just the last couple days:

5 people shot within 4 hours during violent night in Indianapolis

IMPD: 2 babies injured in baseball bat attack, 1 in critical condition

Family reacts after 18-year-old is found shot to death inside abandoned home on Indy’s near north side

Man killed in shooting on northeast side of Indianapolis

It is unfortunately always like this and I doubt anyone is following RL around. I didn't even have to try hard to find these articles. It's every day. MOO

edited by me: same link twice, deleted one

So sad but true. My parents retired in Indianapolis about 25 years ago. Our daughter moved there after graduating from college. We spend our summers on a lake in northern Indiana. All that being said, the crime in Indianapolis is out of control. Our daughter decided to rent an apartment in the old north side. It makes us a nervous wreck!

Unfortunately young black men below the age of 25 are the most likely to be murdered in our otherwise very beautiful city. People within this demographic are 4 times more likely to be taken by homicide. It's tragic and a lot of people in my city are coming up with creative ways to curb this problem. It's devastating for people like me because having grown up here, I watched this city change. While it is not yet a shell of what it used to be, I clearly cannot leave my home at night without fear. Heck, we can't even park in the garage at our cancer center or university during the day without grave concern. The IUPUI parking garages are a major hotspot from robberies involving stabbings and some shootings, and it is more than frequent. It's a travesty. No one is really safe, and many of us are very unaware to put it kindly. We are home to some amazing hospitals including the world class Fairbanks Burn Unit, but what does that after when accessing these places puts one in a significant amount of fear and legitimate danger? It's heartbreaking to say the least. Most of the kidnappings and crimes against children are the acts of direct family members. Poverty and the opioid crisis are two major issues we face in this city. I could go on forever, but I'd rather be Googling baby Amiah. :(

This is so sad but true. My father is an attorney in Indianapolis. He has a true heart for people, especially those who are at risk. He is a member of the race relations committee of Indianapolis. I specifically remember him talking about a meeting that he went to regarding what is happening with young men in the African American community of Indianapolis. He was one of only a couple white men in the meeting. The African American men and woman who were there were Doctors, Lawyers, Professors, Pastors etc..... They spoke about drugs, guns and everything else, but their biggest concern is that you have a whole generation who has grown up fatherless. That is coming from the African American community themselves. It is destroying the lives of these young men and in turn ruining the city of Indianapolis.

Cases involving children usually are very high profile. A Michigan judge had no problem throwing John Skelton in prison for ten years after his three boys went missing. I think the Indy prosecutor could find charges which fit this crime.

JMO

Cases involving children usually are very high profile. A Michigan judge had no problem throwing John Skelton in prison for ten years after his three boys went missing. I think the Indy prosecutor could find charges which fit this crime.

JMO

Yeah, if they have evidence that points to a particular individual, they'll often do that, but in this case, the guilty party could be any of several people. Gut feelings aren't evidence.

Yeah, if they have evidence that points to a particular individual, they'll often do that, but in this case, the guilty party could be any of several people. Gut feelings aren't evidence.
The lies told to LE by the boyfriend about where he was with the child are evidence that can be used against him. So can the domestic violence incident.

JMO

The lies told to LE by the boyfriend about where he was with the child are evidence that can be used against him. So can the domestic violence incident.

JMO

Yes, if it comes to trial. But it's hardly conclusive, and if they arrest him too soon, they can jeopardize the prosecution. I imagine they're working hard to build that case before they take any steps. It's hard to wait for justice, but it would be far worse to have justice thwarted from premature action.

Yes, it is way too quiet. A baby missing? I would be screaming at the top of my lungs to anyone who would listen. Media, LE, etc.

While I get not wrecking a potential murder case or wrecking a chance to find her, at a certain point, I think other charges should be considered. Maybe LE has more than we know and are working hard on a murder charge.

If they do not, however, I think if obstruction of justice or other such things can be charged, I think going ahead with other charges should be considered. I also still think a larger reward should be considered. Maybe there is someone who if they could move away and wants out of the would have the nerve to come forward. Not likely but it is possible.

I too hate this slipping to a status of no attention whatsoever.

Maybe more is going on behind the scenes than we know but for some reason, I do not feel in this case that they are even close to being able to charge murder. I hope that instinct is wrong.

jmo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back