OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#46

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking it to mean you're asking about SM not the other mentioned in my post. Dewine did say there were drug undertones to the murders. I'm thinking 11 phones to someone who I've read was in the employment of CRSR, ( I honestly don't remember if that was here on Websleuths so I will say JMO) sure sounds like he was busy making deals. I think he may wind up playing a big part in the defense trying to cast reasonable doubt. Dewine and the prosecutors can state only undertones while defense can blow that subject wide open. I fully expect them to do so.

JMO, but he is definitely not on the defense side.

I am curious as well to proximity to KR ‘s place to Flywing W farms in relation to union hill road . There are actually 2 points of entry to union hill road. One is from Hwy 32 and one is from the back way in from 772. From the back way you would find 4199 first Fr and Hg place first then in walking distance CSRs trailer at 4077 union hill road then about 1/4 of a mile on the opposite side you would find DR ‘s new trailer which is closest to Hwy 32. I am trying to link the timeline of how the murders happened in relation to the Wagner’s point of entry. I will post later other thoughts. Moo. To include I was wondering which way DR came home that night. Remember who was thought have been killed first and the timeline when DR got home and was on social media.
This all assumes they used map recognized routes.
Some have speculated the W4 traveled along utility easements or railroad tracks.
I have found "Bing maps" a useful tool. You can enter as many addresses as you want and they will show them labeled on a map and get a sense of their proximity. Unfortunately, Bing maps don't show/label the utility and railroad paths.
To muddy this up further, there is the possibility that DR's social media accounts were used and altered by the killers to distort a timetable.

JMO, and don't mean to sound "snarky," but where's the evidence that this person or anyone else even helped, much less, killed these 8 people? Dewine said at the arrests press conference there was no evidence to point to anyone else involved in the killings other than those in custody at that time. That tells me all I need to know. All JMO, but I believe the evidence will prove the Ws are guilty "without a doubt."

The individual could still be in a questionable line of work, but have nothing to do with the murders.

Edit: Remember when DeWine asked folks to come forward, saying this was a murder investigation, but he'd not go so far as to make promises re; letting anyone completely off the hook if they had other types of charges. Very loosely quoting here.

I wouldn’t think that the wags would enter from 32 the same way DR came home but they would come in from the back way possibly from 772 but would have to skip past FR trailer first to get to CSR’ trailer then either go to DR’s trailer then maybe back to FR’s trailer then head to KR’s trailer. Unless they gained entry from another location possibly from the rest stop on 32 and went thru the woods. Or maybe another point of entry unless some of the wags were already there. IMO.
You are the first person i have seen speak of that rest stop not too far away heading east on Rt 32. Noticed it about a month or so ago while doing a Google Maps street view move along of Rt. 32 looking for spots to enter the power line trail that runs behind DR's home. One thought i had was you could park at that Rest Stop and unload ATVs pretty easy and then be on that power line trail in no time. And since you would be parking on pavement no truck tire tracks would be found in any mud from said truck. Pretty much every where else would have left tire tracks besides parking directly on the road (not likely) or in someone's pavement drive way (not likely).

BBM
This. There is much of Appalachia that does not have the wifi and internet services that many others have. There are parents who take their kids to high points, or to a local McDs parking lot, to look up homework. I've got friends and family who have to sit their phones in a certain corner of the house or perch them on an open windowsill, in order to rcv/send texts. I have one of the top cell phone providers in the state, but can drive a couple three miles down the road, and my signal is gone, drive up on a ridge, and signal is back. My home internet provider is a privately owned company so I do have pretty decent home internet/wifi.

What’s Lacking in Appalachia: Tales from a Broadband Connectivity Conversation - Public Knowledge

Idk how current this map is, and if Pike County was further ahead in 2016 than the rest of Appalachia, but this also gives some idea of how limited that internet/wifi access is in the region.

Internet Providers in Piketon: Compare 8 Providers | BroadbandNow.com
Everyone needs to look at Flying W Farm website, somebody has a lot of internet skills,JMO

You are the first person i have seen speak of that rest stop not too far away heading east on Rt 32. Noticed it about a month or so ago while doing a Google Maps street view move along of Rt. 32 looking for spots to enter the power line trail that runs behind DR's home. One thought i had was you could park at that Rest Stop and unload ATVs pretty easy and then be on that power line trail in no time. And since you would be parking on pavement no truck tire tracks would be found in any mud from said truck. Pretty much every where else would have left tire tracks besides parking directly on the road (not likely) or in someone's pavement drive way (not likely).
Hopefully there would be plenty of surveillance cameras at the Rest Area.

PIKETON, Ohio - "As state crime agents and deputies showed up at the municipal building to begin another long day investigating the slayings of eight people, an excited man pulled up and jumped from his car.

“I’ve got some information these cops might want to know,” he told a crowd of reporters.

And a deputy quickly sent him inside to talk to authorities. That’s life in Pike County this Saturday morning like no other: Everyone is searching for information and answers."

That's not what I said. I said, I felt "they needed another good scapegoat in play."

I know what you said. But the truth is that the evidence does not point to a single one of those "scapegoats" -the FB threats, the RRL, the Cartel, none of that BS. The evidence is plain, simple, planned out, executed, covered up, investigated and INDICTED...ARRESTED and charged with 22 counts, beginning with 8 charges of Aggravated Murder. So, I pray that you can understand my stance, based on the pure, very raw and horrendous evidence. And as painful as it will be for the victims families, I pray all the truth will come out on what was done to them. Lastly, I have no feelings for the 6 charged. None. ZERO. Yes, I am pro DP. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. 4 LIVES FOR THE 8 TAKEN IS NOT EVEN FAIR. All JMO in my heart. I speak for Chris Jr., Hanna, Dana, Frankie, Hannah Hazel, Gary, Chris Sr., and Kenneth. May God let Justice prevail in these trials.

The individual may not wish to support the defense. However, the defense will use anything and anyone possibly questionable, and their possibly questionable info now in discovery, in raising reasonable doubt. JMO

For the life of me, I just cannot understand why people hammer stuff like this in the Ws defense. It's like a Wagner pep rally. And yes, you are entitled to your opinion, as I am. Respect for you.

I know what you said. But the truth is that the evidence does not point to a single one of those "scapegoats" -the FB threats, the RRL, the Cartel, none of that BS. The evidence is plain, simple, planned out, executed, covered up, investigated and INDICTED...ARRESTED and charged with 22 counts, beginning with 8 charges of Aggravated Murder. So, I pray that you can understand my stance, based on the pure, very raw and horrendous evidence. And as painful as it will be for the victims families, I pray all the truth will come out on what was done to them. Lastly, I have no feelings for the 6 charged. None. ZERO. Yes, I am pro DP. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. 4 LIVES FOR THE 8 TAKEN IS NOT EVEN FAIR. All JMO in my heart. I speak for Chris Jr., Hanna, Dana, Frankie, Hannah Hazel, Gary, Chris Sr., and Kenneth. May God let Justice prevail in these trials.
What or who is the RRL?

I have been looking heavily into the connection between the Eapmon murders in Elsmere and The Rhoden massacre and I no longer believe they are related. It seems that the belief is that Mr. Doug Eapmon may have been a police informant at one point and he was a major player in the drug industry unlike the Rhodens. I honestly think Chris Sr probably only grew for his own personal use and maybe to give it away to his friends. I don't think Chris Sr was selling weed if he was selling weed then he wouldn't have a reason to work a conventional job or repurpose automobiles. He probably just grew enough to last him throughout the year so he didn't have to buy it plus with him growing it himself he can assure that no harmful chemicals were used to process the plants. Big Eapmon was more into the pharmaceutical business and I have never once heard the Wagners or Rhodens names associated with pills, heroin or opiates. I know a lot of people in my hometown would grown upwards of 500 plants just to ensure they had enough throughout the year. My friend told me that most plants only generate about 3-6 ounces of bud. I was under the impression that a single plant could put out pounds at a time. So if they had 200 plants thats only 38 pounds and if it was relatively low quality then they wouldn't be getting no more than 300 per pound if it were sold in bulk that would only equate to roughly 15K. He was not some big time pot peddler like some idiots are claiming. But two things they do have in common is they were both very appealing men with beautiful wives. I feel bad from the Eapmons and Rhodens. No matter if someone is a drug addict/dealer or a Nark they do not deserve to be murdered.

This all assumes they used map recognized routes.
Some have speculated the W4 traveled along utility easements or railroad tracks.
I have found "Bing maps" a useful tool. You can enter as many addresses as you want and they will show them labeled on a map and get a sense of their proximity. Unfortunately, Bing maps don't show/label the utility and railroad paths.
To muddy this up further, there is the possibility that DR's social media accounts were used and altered by the killers to distort a timetable.

...EDIT: MY 2 CENTS.....

You just said something that is intriguing. It looks like Dana was on her Facebook at 1:00am but you are right, the Wagners could have easily posted on her Facebook to tamper with the timeline. Creepy.

And GW3 or GW4 posted a picture of a railroad track he was 4 wheeling on at that time.
They would have had to take backwoods trails, even the UHR Church has surveillance footage that was taken by LE.

May 1st 2016.....Cincinnati Enquirer.....(Timeline)

"Two members of the Pike County Sheriff's Office remove video from Union Hill Church, up the road from the crime scenes. The video was sent to the Bureau of Criminal Investigation's London, Ohio, crime laboratory."

What or who is the RRL?

Road Rage Lady. Chris Jr. was in a car accident involving her. She slapped or hit him and Dana pressed charges. She got community service 2 days before the murders.

Last edited:
The cost of prosecuting and defending the four (each have court-appointed
attorneys) is expected to exceed $4 million, according to Republican state Rep. Shane Wilkin, the Highland County Republican co-sponsoring House Bill 85.

Ohio House passes bill to help Pike County pay for mass-murder trial

Do you agree with giving people convicted of aggravated murder the death penalty? 20 States abolished it.

I'm wondering if MAXIMUM SECURITY would be a better alternative. Death row inmates in Ohio can sit there for 20 years, so why not instead just do MAXIMUM SECURITY? No, not level 2 or 3, but a lifetime of MAXIMUM SECURITY. (Level 4)

Don't get me wrong. Killing 8 people deserves the DP. But is it the best result? I don't know. I'm just throwing it out there, wondering what ya'all think. The DP is such a big thing in these trials. A very serious thing. And would it be more hurtful for Hunter and Sophia? Jake's daughter and GW4's son?

Well, unless Dewine hurries up and gets on the ball, the Wags may have to sit this one out in a 10x4 suite. Ohio Governor Halts “Cruel and Unusual” Lethal-Injection Executions | Death Penalty Information Center

He was shot twice in the top of his head. That sounds like he was hiding to me in my opinion...
Your absolute right Dudly and I don’t think for one instance that they didn’t wake the women up just to watch them beg, those killers are nothing more but animals that has no place in our society, I know that it is against a lot of people religious, but it should be up to the family that is still alive to make the decision to live or die like killers did to the Rhoden/Gilley family, these people are monsters and I tell you fellow sleturtser that if they where to ask me to push the buttons on the killers on executions day, I would do it without a mask on, and never loose a minutes sleep. JMO

I wouldn’t think that the wags would enter from 32 the same way DR came home but they would come in from the back way possibly from 772 but would have to skip past FR trailer first to get to CSR’ trailer then either go to DR’s trailer then maybe back to FR’s trailer then head to KR’s trailer. Unless they gained entry from another location possibly from the rest stop on 32 and went thru the woods. Or maybe another point of entry unless some of the wags were already there. IMO.

In the beginning, I'd thought maybe the killers had stopped at that Rest Stop, stripped, cleaned up real quick, put their ruined clothing in a garbage bag, to be disposed of in the rest stop dumpster (or burned in a bit, at a remote location). Having gone through there, and it being later in the evening, it seemed, like most mountain parkways, that it started to become pretty desolate after everyone got home from work for the day. FFWD almost three years, and I think they did all the aforementioned at their old home place on Bethel now.

Idk about going in off of the road from the rest stop. That's some rugged terrain and the little road seems to turn into more of a dirt trail after a little ways in. It would eat into their time.

Anyone been down the little road that runs from the rest stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member