OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't wandering on foot like I initially thought. I think he went to Abbot Labs in a vehicle, directly from the hotel.

Maybe he left in his own vehicle, going out to a convenience store to get cigarettes? But that would not explain his reporting to his wife in the phone call that he was "in the woods."

None of this makes any sense.

Does anyone know if there are woods near there? Although wouldn't be close enough to see the hotel I wouldn't think...but maybe in the distance....that Hilton is huge.

According to google maps, at the Abbott Labs Complex there is what could pass as "woods," a small buffer of trees.

Google Maps

This is the wrong location. See post #115 for location near the Hilton/mall.

Google Maps

Image attached of street view from Abbott Nutrition, looking north towards the Hilton. The hotel and mall would be well out of sight, although the sky would have been brighter in that direction from the mall lights.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 2.00.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 2.00.53 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
SO

There is video of wife, friend, tyler entering the hotel after being dropped off by the uber but there is no video of tyler walking out by himself?

Why did they take an uber in the first place? The easton shopping area where they were 'wandering' 'checking out the place' is not that large....from what i can tell there is no 'strip club' at easton town center so they must have been returning from somewhere else other than the immediate area?

Also, how would Tyler go from being passed out in the back of an uber, to walking far away (abbot labs) in a matter of minutes? I think there is a big piece of the puzzle here that we are missing

Easton town center - is an outdoor shopping center. All of the buildings have a similar look and there are several hotels near the area that "look similar" The mall and surrounding area are designed to look like a town. Intoxicated and non-distinct large buildings could have had led him traveling in all directions. I'd be interested to know what entrance they used. The orientation of the building has the front of the building facing the mall. The "woods" by the costco and the retaining ponds behind the costco would not have been the most obvious direction to walk too if they were dropped out front.

Why did they take an uber in the first place? ...from what i can tell there is no 'strip club' at easton town center so they must have been returning from somewhere else other than the immediate area?

BBM - I would imagine that any strip clubs they may have gone to were near the airport (Mainly because they are closer than driving all over the city). The John Glenn International Airport is close to Easton. Not close enough to walk but Uber would be a short trip.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Just East of the Abbott Labs, between Oak Spring St. and Easton Square Pl., is what looks like a pond in a more wooded area. That would be within the range of where his phone pinged, and also in the woods. I haven't walked that far away from Easton before, so idk if you can see the hotel sign or not, but it would be easy to confuse something else for it if one were drunk.

Why did they take an uber in the first place? ...from what i can tell there is no 'strip club' at easton town center so they must have been returning from somewhere else other than the immediate area?

BBM - I would imagine that any strip clubs they may have gone to were near the airport (Mainly because they are closer than driving all over the city). The John Glenn International Airport is close to Easton. Not close enough to walk but Uber would be a short trip.

Keep in mind, initially news stories made some mention of a strip club. These more recently released media (Dateline) make no mention of a strip club whatsoever, so I don't even know if that's a valid piece of information as far as trying to find one in or around the hotel.

Keep in mind, initially news stories made some mention of a strip club. These more recently released media (Dateline) make no mention of a strip club whatsoever, so I don't even know if that's a valid piece of information as far as trying to find one in or around the hotel.
Very true. There aren't a ton of places open that late. I'm sure the CPD have tracked down the Uber driver to ask locations and times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong