Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies then. From many posters here (not all by any means) PR is being considered the main suspect and his possible movements questioned and discussed. I wish to bring another view since noone has yet been charged in connection with Libby's sad demise.
Correct me if I am wrong but has it not been widely documented in reliable sources of the media that PR is the only and main suspect?

And since we last saw Libby getting into his car are his movements in the hours before he arrived home (after Libby got in his car) not significant?

Finally I do believe the main reason members register here on WS is to discuss such evidence and POI/ Suspects (as declared by LE) in such cases, in accordance with the moderation rules.

Although I do admire your individuality to stand up for somone at risk of being falsely accused of a crime as serious as this, it is LE who deemed him the main suspect, not the members on this thread ( due to the evidence we have seen so far I’m not surprised at all), holding him for days and continuing to investigate him in relation to any new evidence they have.

If it is discussing these points within the rules, that you are objecting too, then maybe I am missing something...because I am genuinely baffled, and personally find it deflating at this late stage (particularly as this is without new evidence declared to suggest another POI)

Respectfully

Edited to add- That it is only ‘likely’ Libby got into his car ( I acknowledge this is thus far Unconfirmed by LE )

Last edited:
Given her poor body has been in water and through a post mortem and who knows what other nightmares - I can't begin to imagine what they're feeling about getting it back.
Awful isn't it? As a Mother, I hope I would be able to put that in a mental box somewhere and just look to getting my baby back for something decent to happen.

There was a robbery at the bookies in November 2018, so it could have been related to that perhaps.
Police reveal why officers are searching Hull drain in investigation

It was probably totally unrelated to Libby.

I'm in Paull once a week and after Libby went missing, even though at the time I wasn't convinced she was in the water, I always went to have a look at the river. I was never sure if I was hoping I'd see something which could bring an end to her families suffering or not see anything so it wasn't real.

Correct me if I am wrong but has it not been widely documented in reliable sources of the media that PR is the only and main suspect?

And since we last saw Libby getting into his car are his movements in the hours before he arrived home (after Libby got in his car) not significant?

Finally I do believe the main reason members register here on WS is to discuss such evidence and POI/ Suspects (as declared by LE) in such cases, in accordance with the moderation rules.

Although I do admire your individuality to stand up for somone at risk of being falsely accused of a crime as serious as this, it is LE who deemed him the main suspect, not the members on this thread ( due to the evidence we have seen so far I’m not surprised at all), holding him for days and continuing to investigate him in relation to any new evidence they have.

If it is discussing these points within the rules, that you are objecting too, then maybe I am missing something...because I am genuinely baffled, and personally find it deflating at this late stage (particularly as this is without new evidence declared to suggest another POI)

Respectfully

Edited to add- That it is only ‘likely’ Libby got into his car ( I acknowledge this is thus far Unconfirmed by LE )

Jessie has hit on something quite interesting, though. A lot of the micro-focusing on the gentleman currently in custody for unrelated offences has actually been fuelled (on here and elsewhere) it seems to me by the police, who seem to have adopted an almost Portuguese style of treating him as an Arguido, a person of interest, without actually charging him.

I think this is actually quite unusual, thinking about it, because I can't actually remember it happening before - perhaps others can think of similar examples? Normally, you get the formula like "a 35 year old local man is helping police with their enquiries" and no names are officially released.

Why the police have chosen to take this tack is a moot point. It could be that they were over confident at the start, thought they would break the case quickly, and have now come unstuck - or it could be that they are playing a really long game to build a watertight case against him. After all, I suppose they don't even have to charge him before he appears in court on the unrelated charges - they could wait and see if he gets a custodial sentence for those, and only re-arrest and charge him at that point if he doesn't.

But in any event, my main point is that for some reason, it's the police themselves who are fuelling much of this speculation.

Last edited:
Jessie has hit on something quite interesting, though. A lot of the micro-focusing on the gentleman currently in custody for unrelated offences has actually been fuelled (on here and elsewhere) it seems to me by the police, who seem to have adopted an almost Portuguese style of treating him as an Arguido, a person of interest, without actually charging him.

I think this is actually quite unusual, thinking about it, because I can't actually remember it happening before - perhaps others can think of similar examples? Normally, you get the formula like "a 35 year old local man is helping police with their enquiries" and no names are officially released.

Why the police have chosen to take this tack is a moot point. It could be that they were over confident at the start, thought they would break the case quickly, and have now come unstuck - or it could be that they are playing a really long game to build a watertight case against him. After all, I suppose they don't even have to charge him before he appears in court on the unrelated charges - they could wait and see if he gets a custodial sentence for those, and only re-arrest and charge him at that point if he doesn't.

But in any event, my main point is that for some reason, it's the police themselves who are fuelling much of this speculation.

I think your perception is affected by the fact that PR has been charged with unrelated offences, and therefore named relating to those charges. The police have never named him in connection to Libby. The media did, but the police did not.

It is an unusual situation, but the police have not done anything out of the ordinary.

I think your perception is affected by the fact that PR has been charged with unrelated offences, and therefore named relating to those charges. The police have never named him in connection to Libby. The media did, but the police did not.

It is an unusual situation, but the police have not done anything out of the ordinary.

Was he not named around the time of the inquest? In relation to libby

Giving evidence at Hull Coroner’s Court, Det Supt Martin Smalley confirmed police arrested Pawel Relowicz, 24, over Libby Squire’s disappearance.

“Pawel Relowicz was questioned and then released under that investigation, but [we] identified further offences,” he said.

“He has now been charged with other offences.”
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/new...ews/live-libby-squire-inquest-updates-2682522

I missed that. I wonder if the police witness had to give his name at the inquest, or whether he could have used the usual formula of "a 24 year old man".

And would they have given the name of a person arrested if that person had been released without any charge?

Donning my cynical hat for a moment, I wonder how hard the police tried to stop the media from releasing the bloke's name into the public domain?

Just an interesting point that I read yesterday. Though most may know this already ? I didn't but at 28 days after the inquest opens if no charge the coroner requests a second post mortem automatically..which would be in 2 weeks time

I always thought they named him early on in the hope that other locals may recognise him and come forward with more related crimes.

Donning my cynical hat for a moment, I wonder how hard the police tried to stop the media from releasing the bloke's name into the public domain?
I don't suppose they did anything different from the usual routine.

Just an interesting point that I read yesterday. Though most may know this already ? I didn't but at 28 days after the inquest opens if no charge the coroner requests a second post mortem automatically..which would be in 2 weeks time
Now that is reassuring to know. So it should be OK to release the body after that.

He was named by the police when he was charged, which is usual.

Right. I must be mistaken then. I thought I'd seen him named in connection with Libby much earlier on.

The police can stop people being named by the media though, if they want to, can't they?

Right. I must be mistaken then. I thought I'd seen him named in connection with Libby much earlier on.

The police can stop people being named by the media though, if they want to, can't they?

I don’t think so, I think only courts can apply reporting restrictions. Police have control over the information they give though.

Right. I must be mistaken then. I thought I'd seen him named in connection with Libby much earlier on.,
Libby Squire: father of two arrested in Hull on suspicion of abduction in connection with missing student
The first time PR was named was in the 7th Feb 2019 online Telegraph article which was on the day after his arrest. The reporter may have got all PR's personal details from neighbours and his landlord because, as far as I can see, the police are only quoted as calling him "The man".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah