TX - League City - Audrey Lee Cook and Donna Prudhomme, in "killing field", 1986/1991

Jane Doe 1986 looks so vivid and young, much younger then the image I had in my head from the other recon.

I remember watching the film about this case...It's hard to believe this case hasn't been solved and there are still unidentified victims....This has to be devastating for the victims' families.

I found a missing person, but she doesn't fit with the estimated date-of-death....Could one of the unidentified victims been there longer than several months?

MP8652 Tamera Ellen McCurry
Female White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact: July 1, 1982
Missing From: Galveston, Texas

McCurry was last seen getting into an orange or yellow van in Galveston, TX on July 1, 1982.

Two known victims (in Galveston) were seen obtaining a ride in a white van...Was the van painted to throw LE off?

Why would these woman trust this man? I think he could have pretended to be a police officer, offering to help them or pulling them over....Or was he nice looking like Ted Bundy and that made the women trust him...If he worked he had an occupation that allowed him to travel in this specific area...

Attachments

• Thumbnail (2).jpg
    Thumbnail (2).jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 4
Has anyone thought about Mary Leah Rodermun? I know they suspect she was killed by the serial killer in Louisiana. But, in her case, her abudictor asked for ransom and I never heard that he did that with any other victim. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 50FEEEEE-EB87-43DA-96C7-927567F408CA.png
    50FEEEEE-EB87-43DA-96C7-927567F408CA.png
    311.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Has anyone thought about Mary Leah Rodermun? I know they suspect she was killed by the serial killer in Louisiana. But, in her case, her abudictor asked for ransom and I never heard that he did that with any other victim. Thoughts?

I suppose you mean a possible match for Janet Doe?

It's possible...I recall that Miller's father (she was found in the killing fields) received taunting messages and LE)... So the killer(s) had a history of contacting families....

Hi Earth, Jane Doe has sany/blond hair (sometime reported light reddisch) en blue (very, if you believe the generated picture by Parabon) The most important thing is that she had a gap between her teeth. Kelle seems to have a gap, but I cant see that very good. The other two have brown eyes.
upload_2019-4-10_9-24-32.png

WOUW just wouw!!!!. This makes me cry of sadness and gladness, don't know what to feel.....looking at my screen, reading your post.

I know! This year has been so emotionally overwhelming with all the progress made on such cold cases. When Parabon released facial reconstructions of these victims, I assumed it was only a matter of time before they worked on the victims’ family trees. I’ll be surprised if Parabon isn’t behind the identifications. So glad they’re taking on doe cases! Between Parabon and DDP, so many families will have answers soon.

I know! This year has been so emotionally overwhelming with all the progress made on such cold cases. When Parabon released facial reconstructions of these victims, I assumed it was only a matter of time before they worked on the victims’ family trees. I’ll be surprised if Parabon isn’t behind the identifications. So glad they’re taking on doe cases! Between Parabon and DDP, so many families will have answers soon.

I'm also very happy and so proud of the people who are using this new technologies, with so much compassion, to solve the older cases.

Wowwww!

“League City Police detectives say they have now identified Jane and Janet Doe and are actively investigating the circumstances surrounding their deaths. The women's names have not yet been publicly released.

RELATED: Inside look at process of identifying human remains

Earlier, police told ABC13 that the 1986 victim likely has ties to Tennessee. She was about 22-30 years old, 5'5" to 5'8" in height, and she may have died six weeks to six months before the remains were found. She also may have had fair to very fair skin, blue or green eyes, blond/brown hair, and no or few freckles.
The 1991 victim was believed to have ties to Louisiana. Analysis shows she was 24-34 years old, 5' to 5'3" in height, and weighed 100-130 pounds. Police believe she died six weeks before being found. She also appeared to have injuries to her upper spine that may have led to her death.

"Boy, that's the best thing we've had yet," Tim Miller told ABC13 Eyewitness News. "I think what's developed now is something very, very positive. Technology has come a long way. I can't wait until phone calls start coming in."”

This is huge y’all, I can’t believe it!

Tim Miller believes Clyde Hedrick (Clyde is currently in prison for a different murder) killed his daughter, I wonder if they will be able to tie him to these newly identified girls?

So many questions! I wonder how they ended up in League City? Were their parents aware they were in Texas or were they abducted from different states and dumped here, perhaps by a trucker? Who were they last seen with?

I heard on the radio there will be press conference on Monday.

Ya'll are way ahead of me, but I'm going to post this anyway! :p

April 11, 2019
League City Police Officers' Association
Calder Road Victims Identified

Jane and Janet Doe have been identified using genetic genealogy. League City Police Department will hold a press conference at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, April 15, 2019 to reveal their identities.
57319728_1805949546172764_6821025038100070400_n.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back