OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#46

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following this story for a few months and I’m still not very well versed with a lot of the facts. Something that keeps coming up is the dogs. Did they bark? Why didn’t anyone hear them? Etc so I’m sitting here with my German Shepherd and she talks constantly. Doesn’t matter who is outside she’s barking. Someone suggested to me that they make bark collars that zap the dog when it barks and it stops immediately. I know that everyone says the dogs were vicious but were they ? Could they have been called over for a treat and they’d quickly put on the bark collar?
Also, about JW picking up SW at 10:30, could he have given the dogs some type of sedative ? I know the family would have access to animal sedatives with the farms and the exotic animal breeding.
While he was inside picking up and faking niceness could GW or another family member walked over to pet the dogs and sedated them ?

I think I solved this one. I spoke with my (dog) trainer and he states it's as simple as Pavlov's Dog, which is classical conditioning. If the killers indeed had the Rhodens under surveillance for months then they "condition" the dogs to their presence. Initially the dogs may bark but by feeding them treats or meat the dogs are less likely to bark or react, by doing this at a similar time/fashion several days a week for months.....the dogs eventually begin to expect them to arrive and receive a treat. So say they navigated to the trailers via the woods, they simply toss some type of treat or reward at 2 am for weeks/months from the wooded area and eventually the dogs no longer alert to their presence. JMO, no clue if that is in fact what happened but I thought it was a viable explanation

Great- I use newspapers.com through ancestry and am finding it actually is easier than expected. Click save or print, select save as pdf, then save it to your computer. For me it is retaining the cited media source and publish date so I don't have to add it.

Yes, I use that one as well. I actually was able to find all the newspaper articles of my great great uncle who killed is son & DIL in 1925. It was a huge eye opener as to journalism then vs now. Sometimes laughable.

Who would have stayed with little SW then? I can't believe they would bring her with them. And I don't see them potentially putting their all for one, one for all alibis in jeopardy by having someone else watch her, dropping her off somewhere or having someone come to the house on a night they planned to comitted 8 murders. Idk, Dewine did say bizarre so I guess anything is possible.
I would think they left SW with a close relative.
Or maybe called a last minute babysitter...

Is BW, Billy?
I don't understand the reference to his female fan club. Who are they?

In BW's last hearing there were several women there (besides Robin). They were in the front section and at least 2 possibly moved a few rows back. It was the 3/28 or 3/29 hearing where BW wore a light blue shirt. The video that I can find does not include the hour or so before BW came out from behind the door. When he came out of the door, you can see RW sitting there but they do not show his side of the courtroom.

For all of this to happen they would need to be sentenced to the DP and hang out on death row for years and years. Lifers have lots of amenities, jobs, and cell buddies after a while.

Look at the man butcheress Jodi Arias for starters. MOO

I want the W's to hang out in death row type conditions for life. Single cell etc. I don't necessarily want them to die but I want them to pay. I don't think jail is a picnic but what they did is so horrible that society needs to know that you can't do this nonsense and they need to pay.

I believe that the DP rate would actually decrease if juries thought they were in their cell 23 hours a day.

I don't want amenities for people that murder 8 people.

I would use Jodi Arias as an example of someone that deserved the DP. She besmirched him with claims of child molestation to a worldwide audience in front of his family, the wearing of holy garments while with her being a phony, the 'acts' they did because his faith wouldn't allow it all the while there were all of those horrible photos of what she did in a pre-planned maner.

Betty,
Considering these trials will likely take years, I think there is a great possibility more articles will disappear due to media space storage and the links may no longer work. It will take a while to do, but I will work on getting as many original articles as possible from the local media outlets put into .pdfs. I will post them there once organized and complete.

Thanks, Tiff! That would be great. If possible, try to post them over in the Media & Timelines thread, so it's not so difficult to search for the ones we want to see. Sorry, I'm tied up with some projects the next couple of days so I'm just visiting in and out here.

I also have a subscription to newspapers.com if anyone needs something there. I'm not sure any of the Ohio dailies post their current news to that subscription service. Akron Beacon Journal does have older newspapers there. Having Chris Graves, Jody Barr and Holly Zacharia's articles would be most helpful.

I want to believe that it won't work but I don't think a national trial will change anything. It might even
make it more likely to succeed. Hopefully the judge will not allow the defense to hammer witnesses but they usually give the defense wide rein in DP cases.

Jmo

JMO, a nationally televised trial might make juries, judge and attorneys more aware they're being watched. More pressure for them to be on their good behavior instead of small town "business as usual" in letting off the local rich folks.

Thanks, Tiff! That would be great. If possible, try to post them over in the Media & Timelines thread, so it's not so difficult to search for the ones we want to see. Sorry, I'm tied up with some projects the next couple of days so I'm just visiting in and out here.

I also have a subscription to newspapers.com if anyone needs something there. I'm not sure any of the Ohio dailies post their current news to that subscription service. Akron Beacon Journal does have older newspapers there. Having Chris Graves, Jody Barr and Holly Zacharia's articles would be most helpful.

I have a subscription to Cincinnati Enquirer and Dispatch if you need any help.

JMO, a nationally televised trial might make juries, judge and attorneys more aware they're being watched. More pressure for them to be on their good behavior instead of small town "business as usual" in letting off the local rich folks.

You are right that some feel pressured and fear being shunned if they vote not guilty and their names are released.

I do know a teenager murdered in Aurora theater and that verdict was hard to accept. Jmo

I think I solved this one. I spoke with my (dog) trainer and he states it's as simple as Pavlov's Dog, which is classical conditioning. If the killers indeed had the Rhodens under surveillance for months then they "condition" the dogs to their presence. Initially the dogs may bark but by feeding them treats or meat the dogs are less likely to bark or react, by doing this at a similar time/fashion several days a week for months.....the dogs eventually begin to expect them to arrive and receive a treat. So say they navigated to the trailers via the woods, they simply toss some type of treat or reward at 2 am for weeks/months from the wooded area and eventually the dogs no longer alert to their presence. JMO, no clue if that is in fact what happened but I thought it was a viable explanation

Would that work with dogs kept inside at night? All of the dogs except FR's hunting hounds were inside dogs.

Jmo. I believe that KR2 loved HR and SW. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a custody statement in the Bible. KR2 had to know that information would come out in court and she would not want to be a liar...they could have even used that information to think that she was the murderer.

My guess is she loved SW dearly and played the friend to try to protect SW and stay in the W's good grace's so she still had

In BW's last hearing there were several women there (besides Robin). They were in the front section and at least 2 possibly moved a few rows back. It was the 3/28 or 3/29 hearing where BW wore a light blue shirt. The video that I can find does not include the hour or so before BW came out from behind the door. When he came out of the door, you can see RW sitting there but they do not show his side of the courtroom.

If you look at the hearing from 3/29, you can see BW mouth something 3 time's to the back of the courtroom as he is standing up to leave court. He is definitely not mouthing to RW's area. I looked at FW's hearing from the 3/28th and no one was back there. I know that I saw several women there during BW's hearing tho.

This will be JMO as I don't have a link, but I do remember reading somewhere about KR2 showing up at a search that was done somewhere regarding the W's. And at the time, I wondered if LE/investigators had asked her to come there so she could identify something of the victims' that LE/investigators had found....for an example, KR's gun.

In this video, it shows briefly at about the 1:06 mark, LE/investigators searching at FW's, they are searching it appears out in a pasture area where the horses are. The reason I am posting this video is because I don't recall seeing any video of an actual search being done at FW's (even though of course we knew there were searches done).

I have been unsuccessful in finding the video where Leonard mentions (verbatim) here...something about blanket taken from a man on his deathbed. I have often wondered if possibly he was referring to FW's husband... JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member