Identified! OK - Oklahoma City, 'Sharon Marshall' 8UFOK, Apr'90 - Suzanne Sevakis

Back when 'Sharon' was identified, Matt Birkbeck's post had stated that she also had a baby brother that also went missing. Has this been elaborated upon ANYWHERE? It's still in Matt's original blog post but can find NO information anywhere. Is it in the book? Anywhere?
I have not read the book yet. But I think I have read/heard that it does shed light on the baby brother.

Think I am going to go, but I left my copy with my sister-in-law over the weekend. The library thinks they will have copies to sell at the event.

I ended up making the trek. About 30 peeps there and Matt spoke for about 45 minutes and had a short slide show. I asked a few questions that needed to be asked, namely:
1. the red paint flecks on her body -- was the red vehicle floyd was was supposed to have owned checked for damage?
2. was the area LE was looking at, for Michael's remains, verified with floyd?
3. since the autopsy lists cause of death as "homicide," but the police report lists cause of death as car accident/hit and run/etc, is the case being investigated?
Answers:
1. no, not that the author is aware
2. no, not that the author is aware
3. no, not that the author is aware; a lack of evidence was sited by the author.

If an autopsy report lists cause of death as a homicide, shouldn't LE be legally obligated to investigate? Maybe they are and maybe they did, but what a crap investigation. They, LE, appears to have done next to nothing to investigate floyd, even after learning of his peculiarities. This burns me up. I suspect that LE concluded that Sharon was not worth investigating, based on her lifestyle.

I ended up making the trek. About 30 peeps there and Matt spoke for about 45 minutes and had a short slide show. I asked a few questions that needed to be asked, namely:
1. the red paint flecks on her body -- was the red vehicle floyd was was supposed to have owned checked for damage?
2. was the area LE was looking at, for Michael's remains, verified with floyd?
3. since the autopsy lists cause of death as "homicide," but the police report lists cause of death as car accident/hit and run/etc, is the case being investigated?
Answers:
1. no, not that the author is aware
2. no, not that the author is aware
3. no, not that the author is aware; a lack of evidence was sited by the author.

If an autopsy report lists cause of death as a homicide, shouldn't LE be legally obligated to investigate? Maybe they are and maybe they did, but what a crap investigation. They, LE, appears to have done next to nothing to investigate floyd, even after learning of his peculiarities. This burns me up. I suspect that LE concluded that Sharon was not worth investigating, based on her lifestyle.
Bolder by me. Nailed it, IMO. This is what I think happened

Wow - thanks AGettler for taking the time and energy to travel to this event and to speak with Matt. I think you guys are right. It was too much of a hassle to properly investigate "Tonya's" death because of her lifestyle.

I can't remember specifics because it's been so long since I've thought about it but I recall thinking that there was a possibility that Floyd did something during her hospital stay that caused or hastened her death. I guess we'll never know for sure. What I would give to see those medical records.

There's so much that we'll never know for sure but I am still in awe that we know a bit about Suzanne's real background and that, after so many years, we actually know her real name. I never thought it would actually happen!

I finally read the second book...the sequel to the one that brought me to websleuths due to his mention of the site in the back of it.
I feel so badly beyond for her few family that truly cared for her. Never mind the system that kept everything going....there’s that......but the little bit of family that cared for her were stymied and pushed away and the one who could unlock lock everything just refused to ever say or do anything to anyone or do it themselves. I see why the birth parent and Floyd got together-they were just alike

I can't remember specifics because it's been so long since I've thought about it but I recall thinking that there was a possibility that Floyd did something during her hospital stay that caused or hastened her death. I guess we'll never know for sure. What I would give to see those medical records.

My S-i-L has my copy of the book, so I can't look it up, but I think you are correct. IIRC, she was awake and communicating one day, filthy floyd visits one night, and Suzanne is comatose the next day. This is another huge question -- what did the medical staff do to determine why Suzanne's condition changed? If a toxin was introduced into her body that could not have come from the hospital, then there is more evidence pointing at filthy floyd as a murderer.

Out of all the cases I have read about, this one I feel a personal attachment to for several reasons.
I am deeply upset that LE and perhaps the medical staff, apparently dropped the ball on this case. Suzanne had great potential and all evidence suggests she was a great all-around person. That her life had to be intermingled with filthy floyd is very upsetting.
After reading the second book, I felt a connection to Suzanne and the case.
She was born in Livonia, MI. My grandparents lived in Livonia for decades and I visited them frequently in the 70s and 80s. Perhaps I crossed paths with Suzanne.
Suzanne's "mom" graduated from Groves High School. My sister graduated from there and I lived a half mile from that school for many years. BTW, Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell also graduated from Groves H.S.
Suzanne's father lives in Rochester or Rochester Hills, MI. My uncle's family lived in RH for many years.
I believe Suzanne's "mom" was living in Newport News, VA when she was interviewed (by Matt or LE, I don't recall). My first job out of college was in Newport News.
I think Suzanne (or was it her "mom?") lived in Reading, PA for a spell. I live just south of Reading and had to drive through there to attend Matt's presentation.
There are just so many small things about this story relative to me, that when combined, make me feel close to it.

Damn, now I'm angry :mad: I forgot to ask Matt about what the medical staff did after her condition changed. I emailed Matt a few weeks ago with a question or two, but have not
heard back so I am not going to try getting an answer from him on this point.

He will reply on the blog or Amazon , hes on here too sometimes , Ive traded emails with him , Matt is one of those who truly cared , I really think he deserves a lot of credit if not for the books and Joe Fitzgerald I don't think the FBI would have ever done much IMO

He will reply on the blog or Amazon , hes on here too sometimes , Ive traded emails with him , Matt is one of those who truly cared , I really think he deserves a lot of credit if not for the books and Joe Fitzgerald I don't think the FBI would have ever done much IMO

Thank you, Sloane7777, I might reach out to him along one of those lines.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back