Found Deceased Canada - Nicole Smith, 25, Campbellford, Ontario, 20 August 2018

dotr

Reaction score
Nicole Smith still missing - Quinte News

"Police continue to seek assistance from the public in locating 25-year old Nicole SMITH.

Nicole was last seen on August 20, 2018 at approximately 7:15 a.m. in the town of Campbellford, Ontario. Nicole is described as:

Caucasian

5 feet 5 inches (165 cm) tall with a thin build

Shoulder length brown hair (shaved on one side)

Nose piercing

If you have had any contact with Nicole SMITH or have any information regarding her whereabouts please contact the Northumberland OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or the Campbellford OPP Detachment at 705-653-3300 or contact the Peterborough/Northumberland Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS). You can also submit information online at www.stopcrimehere.ca"

Nikki or Nicole Smith is still missing. Her disappearance is unusual.

There is speculation that her disappearance could possibly being related to the homicide of a local man that happened 5 days before her disappearance.

There have been no leads in 6 weeks, per LE.

Throwing this out there, where is this girl?

Police would like to begin 2019 by finding a Campbellford woman who has been missing for over four months.

INQUINTE.CA | Police hope New Year produces leads on missing Campbellford woman

Homicide in Trent River under investigation
Trent Hills man Scott MacDonald shot early Saturday morning

Homicide in Trent River under investigation

39930096_10155473218037077_8348343325845094400_n.jpg

I am pretty pissed off that her family had to searching 8 months after she went missing, after the snow melted, and found her remains after 3 hours, practically in town. They just had a huge event there in February at recovery location. Rest in Peace, Nicole. May God be with your family.

Surely, if her body had been in the park last August, she would have been found at the time. Lions Club parks tend to be fairly small, local, and well used.

I am happy she was found after only 3 hrs of searching by friends and family, but it also makes me wonder if someone in the search party might have known where to look. jmo

why the speculation that her disappearance might be related to the murder of Scott MacDonald
does anyone know

Small town, 2 major events the same weekend.

The family had already searched last year. They went out again now that the snow has melted.

By the google streetmap images of the recovery location, Nikki was located in the wooded area adjacent to the park, just to the north. Not a large area, but, overgrown, and if nobody had a reason to go through there, it is not an area that would be used.

LE dropped the ball on this one - sorry - I am pro-LE, but, the fact her Mom and sister had to go out through the town to look at various locations again, and found her just off the beaten path - it just seems inexcusable.

The other thing that really pisses me off, is that the Mother of Tess Richey came all the way from North Bay in northern Ontario, went deep into the urban bowels of downtown Toronto, and found HER daughter's remains located near the area Tess was last seen - NOT ENOUGH CARE OR CONSIDERATION given to the physical searching for these 2 women.

Small town, 2 major events the same weekend.

The family had already searched last year. They went out again now that the snow has melted.

By the google streetmap images of the recovery location, Nikki was located in the wooded area adjacent to the park, just to the north. Not a large area, but, overgrown, and if nobody had a reason to go through there, it is not an area that would be used.

LE dropped the ball on this one - sorry - I am pro-LE, but, the fact her Mom and sister had to go out through the town to look at various locations again, and found her just off the beaten path - it just seems inexcusable.

The other thing that really pisses me off, is that the Mother of Tess Richey came all the way from North Bay in northern Ontario, went deep into the urban bowels of downtown Toronto, and found HER daughter's remains located near the area Tess was last seen - NOT ENOUGH CARE OR CONSIDERATION given to the physical searching for these 2 women.

If her family already looked for her last year, then perhaps her body was moved to the present location during the winter. People go into the little overgrown wooded areas of parks all the time, for a pee, or a smoke, a bit of necking, drinking, bird watching, nature hikes etc. You mentioned that she was found just off the beaten path. I am convinced that someone would have found her decomposing body if she had been there last Aug-September. Curious kids would poke around. Dogs would lead their owners to the spot. Maintenence workers would be in there picking up the litter.

In this case, I'm not convinced that police are to blame.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566
Back